The RIP thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The RIP thread

royce67

Tiger Rookie
Jun 4, 2008
Hobart
Leon Spinks. Took the title off Ali in the ring but lost it back immediately. Another sad tale of a champ losing his millions.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Christopher Plummer another of the top elite of Hollywood gone.

Most famous for Sound Of Music but was another Giant of stage and screen.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
U-Roy ! RiP..

it is with great sadness i put this mans name down here. A pioneer of reggae 'toasting' and cornerstone of the revolution of Jamaican soundsystem culture and the forerunner to Dancehall, Rap and Hip Hop.

The Originator ! may he be rocking the Chalice in the Palace ! Jah Rastafari !

artball

Jul 30, 2013
a lot of the stuff we've seen and heard live here is because of Gudinski putting it together, so kudos to him for that ..

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Mar 6, 2004
Still in Shock hearing the passing of MG Skyhooks the 1st band i saw live back in 75

The Big Richo

Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Michael Gudinski. Bit of a shock.

Very sad news.

Got a glimpse into how big a figure he was in the music world globally once when in London and even the Australian Cricket team wasn't able to get tickets to a sold out event. A call was place to Gudinski and 20 back stage passes procured.

Reactions: 1 users

artball

Jul 30, 2013
Bunny Wailer ! another reggae mastermind gone .. Rip ..
may he smokin thee chalice in thee palace !

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Gudinski along with Mushroom pretty much was the Music scene in Australia apart from a few standouts.

Was involved in nearly everything in some way shape or form be it as a record company to the force in promotion that is the Frontier Touring Co.

The Sunbury Music Festivals in the aerly 70's really helped to put Aussie Music and Himself on the map.