The RIP thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The RIP thread

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
A few on here might have known Gary Davies of Sportsbet fame, passed away Sunday one of the best blokes you'd ever meet

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
CC TIGER said:
A few on here might have known Gary Davies of Sportsbet fame, passed away Sunday one of the best blokes you'd ever meet

Met a couple of times too, terrific on those occassions. Apparently was responsible for the standard under and over 39 point margin bet on all footy games these days.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Stephen Lewis aka Blakey front On the buses died yesterday.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
tigertim said:
Stephen Lewis aka Blakey front On the buses died yesterday.

It's sad to see how all characters/actors from a series all pass away in time. Olive is the only one still alive.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Sad news for Ratts. Just noticed his son Cooper a 16 year old has died in a car crash with a possible influence of drugs and alcohol.

IIRC, he was on the news earlier this year and got into trouble for bullying at a school.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/teen-killed-in-yarra-glen-car-rollover-20150815-gizyri.html

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
TigerForce said:
Sad news for Ratts. Just noticed his son Cooper a 16 year old has died in a car crash with a possible influence of drugs and alcohol.

IIRC, he was on the news earlier this year and got into trouble for bullying at a school.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/teen-killed-in-yarra-glen-car-rollover-20150815-gizyri.html

What a waste. So many poor decisions made. Shocking news for Brett and his family, as a parent this is your worst nightmare. RIP.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
MB78 said:
What a waste. So many poor decisions made. Shocking news for Brett and his family, as a parent this is your worst nightmare. RIP.

So very true mate. Poor decisions and at that age they feel invincible. It's a tragedy that the loved ones pay such a high price as well.
So very sad

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
MB78 said:

Just during lunch, my sisters and I were discussing their kids' actions at school and they seem worried with some of the friends they encounter as both my nieces are reaching adolescence.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Very very sad and I don't think I would ever get over something like that.
I hear the driver could not have been licensed (they were all under 18) and the car was stolen, is that true?

I have two sons of similar age. We have few rules in our house but one I am most pedantic about is that they must never ever get into a car if they have any doubt at all about the car or any aspect of the driver (sobriety, age, legality, drugs, etc). We have an agreement that whenever one of them is not in the house, my mobile phone is on and they can call me at any time and I will come and get them. And I make it abundantly clear that it is not an annoyance for me to come and get them at 3.00 a.m. or whatever. Of course, it is, but they don't know that and it is a small price to pay. Quite often I even end up giving some of their mates a lift home!

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
23.21.159 said:
I hear the driver could not have been licensed (they were all under 18) and the car was stolen, is that true?

I have two sons of similar age. We have few rules in our house but one I am most pedantic about is that they must never ever get into a car if they have any doubt at all about the car or any aspect of the driver (sobriety, age, legality, drugs, etc). We have an agreement that whenever one of them is not in the house, my mobile phone is on and they can call me at any time and I will come and get them. And I make it abundantly clear that it is not an annoyance for me to come and get them at 3.00 a.m. or whatever. Of course, it is, but they don't know that and it is a small price to pay. Quite often I even end up giving some of their mates a lift home!

Good on you 23.21

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Same here 23. I was rarely asleep when they were out and about anyway. My kids knew to call me to pick them up if they weren't comfortable with a situation.

So sad for Cooper having his life cut short and yet another family to be affected forever by road tragedy.

I feel for the driver having to live with the results of his decision to drive. Sounds like the passengers were as guilty as him. They'd know he was unlicensed and the car wasn't his. Police suspect drugs and alcohol were factors. Speeding in a pea-soup fog is a disaster waiting to happen unfortunately. So many lives necessarily ruined. :'(

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
23.21.159 said:

Well said.

It puts a tear in the eye as a parent, scares the living hell out of you. My dear old mother at the age of 73 still tells me to call her if I ever need to be picked up at anytime, anywhere. :-*

I was ment to be in a car with a mate when I was 15 but just from dumb luck I wasnt, all 3 in the car were killed.

Incredibly sad event when a young person dies from a mistake, never having the chance to make up from there mistake

Condolences to the Ratten family

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
rosy23 said:
Same here 23. I was rarely asleep when they were out and about anyway. My kids knew to call me to pick them up if they weren't comfortable with a situation.

So sad for Cooper having his life cut short and yet another family to be affected forever by road tragedy.

I feel for the driver having to live with the results of his decision to drive. Sounds like the passengers were as guilty as him. They'd know he was unlicensed and the car wasn't his. Police suspect drugs and alcohol were factors. Speeding in a pea-soup fog is a disaster waiting to happen unfortunately. So many lives necessarily ruined. :'(

No seatbelts also.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Looks like Jimmy Barnes was close to death in the bomb blast at Bangkok. RIP to those who died. What caused this now??