The RIP thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The RIP thread

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
RIP to Bob. All the best to taz.

Willis had a nice bouffant and a bit of an awkward running into bowl style.

Sad thing nowadays is this thread getting updated too often....

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
RIP to Bob. All the best to taz.

Willis had a nice bouffant and a bit of an awkward running into bowl style.

Sad thing nowadays is this thread getting updated too often....

Sure is TF.

Sad part of life now. As we age , every else ages(family, parents etc, other friends) its all too common.

Fearsome bowler was Willis with his action.
Nearly sent Rick RIP himself.

Heard a great interview with Rick today on Whateley's show as he put a call out to speak to Rick on the passing of Bob.

The one question which i found (compelling) , probably wrong word , If Rick held any ill feeling towards Bob.
Replied, NO. Part of cricket .

Here is the interview.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Carol Spinney, the man behind Oscar the grouch and Big Bird, aged 85.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
I saw in the obituaries today that former St Kilda player from the early 80's Doug Cox passed away. I vaguely remember controversy when the saints played him. Something about he was in Richmond's zone and shouldn't have been allowed to play for the saints. they got stripped of the points they won up to then. I also think in either his first game or first game against us he got knocked out.
RIP

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
I saw in the obituaries today that former St Kilda player from the early 80's Doug Cox passed away. I vaguely remember controversy when the saints played him. Something about he was in Richmond's zone and shouldn't have been allowed to play for the saints. they got stripped of the points they won up to then. I also think in either his first game or first game against us he got knocked out.
RIP

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
RIP

That's pretty much it. It went to court where Cox was ruled a Richmond player, and we immediately cleared him back to St.Kilda for a small fee, maybe $5K. Papers may have even been signed outside the court. That same week we played St.Kilda at Waverley. Late in the game he was knocked out cold by Peter Welsh and carried off unconscious.

Later in the year after we won narrowly at Moorabbin, St.Kilda applied to the VFL to have Jimmy Jess charged with striking Peter Brown off video evidence, which wasn't allowed in tribunal cases at that point. Somehow the charge went ahead and Jess fronted the tribunal and was cleared, as the video was inconclusive. A rare and brief period of rivalry with the Saints.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Later in the year after we won narrowly at Moorabbin, St.Kilda applied to the VFL to have Jimmy Jess charged with striking Peter Brown off video evidence, which wasn't allowed in tribunal cases at that point. Somehow the charge went ahead and Jess fronted the tribunal and was cleared, as the video was inconclusive. A rare and brief period of rivalry with the Saints.

The Sainters were probably still filthy that the Ghost ended up with us after being zoned to the Saints.
The good old days..........we were the masters at convincing players that they would be better off playing for the Mighty Tigers.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
The Sainters were probably still filthy that the Ghost ended up with us after being zoned to the Saints.
The good old days..........we were the masters at convincing players that they would be better off playing for the Mighty Tigers.
We are getting pretty good at it again

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
We are getting pretty good at it again

Indeed we are, a true destination club.

I remember reading how Dickie Clay decided not to play for lol@norf after the great man Jack Dyer had visited the family home.
The best decision the 4 time Premiership player ever made.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Marie Fredriksson from Roxette. 61.

Heavenly bound
Cause heaven's got a number
When she's spinning me around
Kissing is a color
Her loving is a wild dog
She's got the look

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Marie Fredriksson from Roxette. 61.

Heavenly bound
Cause heaven's got a number
When she's spinning me around
Kissing is a color
Her loving is a wild dog
She's got the look
Heard it last night. Remember reading she did battle with cancer. RIP Marie. Sad to see so many in the music industry go.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Heard it last night. Remember reading she did battle with cancer. RIP Marie. Sad to see so many in the music industry go.
Sad news, battled a brain tumour for many years evidently.
Now we have lost 2 great female stars from that era this year. Been listening to some live stuff by the cranberries lately , Delores O’Riordan was a super talent

• Sad