The RIP thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The RIP thread

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
One of the Everly Brothers - Don - went the other day ..

Reactions: 1 user

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
Sad news to wake up too this morning Vale Charlie

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Love the music of the Rolling Stones, this is a huge loss to music. Charlie was always good tonight!

Without Charlie's jazz inspired drumming the Rolling Stones simply don't exist.

RIP Charlie Watts, your music will live on forever.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Don Everly

Charlie Watts

Tom T Hall (Wrote many many Country song including: Harper Valley PTA, Behind Closed Doors, Old Dogs & Children & Watermelon Wine & Many Many more)

RIP Gentlemen & Thanks For The Great Music

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Very sad news.

A mate had hooked me up with backstage passes and a chance to hang out in the green room when the Stones were scheduled to play Hanging Rock a few years ago.

Still burns deeply that they had to cancel and more so now the opportunity has gone forever.

We had tickets for that show. I saw the Stones in 1995 in Melbourne so at least had seen them live, my partner saw them at Kooyong in 1973 as well. But we had a ticket for our daughter who will now never get the chance to see the greatest rock and roll band in the world. We managed to make up for the Hanging Rock show by seeing them in Buffalo NY, but our daughter wasn't with us.

Great band, they clearly loved playing music. I've seen a few old rockers who looked like they didn't want to be on stage, not the Stones, they wouldn't know what to do with themselves if not playing shows.

DS

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
1965 The Palais in St Kilda, 1st real concert I ever went to, The Rolling Stones,, Roy Orbison, The Newbeats & Ray Columbus & The Invaders.

Newbeats were ok

Roy was great

The Stones were awesome. The Best Rock & Roll band.

RIP Charlie

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
RIP Lee 'Scratch' Perry - Dub Reggae Raconteur and sound experimenter. A giant in this world. Jah Rastafari !

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
RIP Ed Asner at 91.

Keep mistaking him with Danny De Vito on the 70s hit sitcom Taxi.