The TigersGoddess story | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The TigersGoddess story

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
Wow, someone’s actually reading this.... miracles really do happen ;D

Ok where do I start hmmm lets see, start with the basics I'm 19 years old and for those who didn't know TigerMasochist has the honour and privilege of having me as his wonderful daughter... however if I said this to him he'd laugh in my face (some people just don't appreciate true greatness ;)). Anyway it's because of him that I have the Richmond obsession.

The first Richmond thing I ever went to was the save our skins rally (what a way to start). I was about 5 at the time and he's been taking me to the football ever since. Well I lost interest in the footy for awhile when I was about 14/15 while TM kept going. Didn't go for a year or so then TM asked me one afternoon if I'd like to go with him and I said yes, mainly to get out of doing my homework for a few more hours. That was it I was hooked again.

Once I had this obsession I looked around on the net for more Richmond sites, and found roarpower. Started posting on there as DraggasGirl but that seemed to kill his career so I decided against putting another player in my name and became TigersGoddess (don't know why, I just thought it sounded good :spin). Have followed the various sites until we've found a permanent home (well for as long as rosy can tolerate us ;D) here at PRE.

Being the tiger fan I am, I started what I like to refer to as my Richmond wall. It began with a team poster then when the footy season ended I decided I didn't want to put my footy gear in the cupboard for a few months so put my scarf flag and guernsey up on the wall. Over the last four years :eek: I've added photos from newspapers, some of my own photos, more posters, badges, stickers, keyrings etc. It now has 70 Richmond items on there. I guess you could say it's become a hobby :D (plus it hides the fact that my wall needs to be painted and it annoys the hell out of my mum, who wouldn't have said a word if it had been Carlton stuff I was putting up).

Well I think that's enough information. And if you've managed to read all this I'd say you need to get your head checked :hihi Hope you enjoyed it anyway :D

-TigersGoddess

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
TigersGoddess said:
Have followed the various sites until we've found a permanent home (well for as long as rosy can tolerate us ;D) here at PRE.

Us originals have to stick together TG. If you wandered off we'd send out a posse to bring you home again. :rofl

Anduril

You bow to no one!
Jul 29, 2004
Melbourne
Thanks for filling us in T G. Enjoyed reading about you and your Tiger Wall. ( I have a LOTR bookcase, had to take down my movie posters when the house was painted.)
Your photos are much appreciated too.
What are you doing with your life these days? School, work, uni?

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
A posse, wow sounds impressive, might have to nick off just to see the chaos I'd cause :cutelaugh

Glad you like the photos Anduril, hope you enjoy looking at them as much as I enjoy taking them ;) As for what I'm doing with my life, I'm working at kmart :-X but looking for a new job. Had a few interviews this week so fingers crossed because the sooner I get outta kmart the better.... which reminds me I have a shift in an hour better go get ready :p

frahlee

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 26, 2004
MELBOURNE
Nice to meet you Goddess. Obviously another lady with fine taste in footy teams. Just for curiosity's sake, how many of your female friends have any interest in football, if so how strong?? Have been a little worried (as have many) with the apparent drop in younger supporters and just interested to see how the younger ladies are thinking about the game nowdays.

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
My best mate follows footy (unfortunately she's an essendon supporter) but not as much as she used too. She'll go along to a game occasionaly and probably the only game she goes to every year is the richmond v. essendon games because I make her go. She's probably been to more richmond things than essendon (she came to the intra-club match the other day) but I haven't been able to convert her. Other than that none of my friends go to the footy. Some have a team they follow but don't pay any attention to the game. I'm amazed at how many of my friends have never been to a game before :help

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
Doolz85 said:
many brilliant ppl are 19 ;)

where'd u go to skool and what kmart u at?
That they are Doolz :D
I went to Penola same school as Rodan and as for kmart... I no longer work there. I start a new job on Monday as a trainee receptionist ;D

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
TG, Coughlan isn't your younger brother by any chance?
Thanks for posting this, I was indoctrinated as a Tiger at birth and I like to read other people's accounts of how they came to barrack for this most wonderful and frustrating of all teams.