The worst day in 1995 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The worst day in 1995

Played 6 years of junior footy with him - was always a gun. Could've excelled at athletics as well - competed in Aus championships as a junior.

I think his impact off the field was more apparent than on the field during his career. Was never a high possession winner but generally used it pretty well.

He has a younger brother with Downs Syndrome who he had as his best man at his wedding. It says a lot about the bloke that he chose him above the "celebrity" of the football world he could have chosen.

Redford said:
Yeah, that was a loss. No doubt. I was surprised at the time it was announced, after all he'd come through the system and we had just come off a prelim final as well.

What was his reason/s for leaving ? I recall him explaining it in the past, but cant remember. Can anyone confirm ? Was it the carpentry thing...Northey ...what ?

I remember him saying that the housing boom in sydney at the time was an important factor of why he was attracted to the swans.

I thought the RFC made a choice of who to keep between Naishy and Maxa, and chose Naish. I thought we had salary cap issues at the time as well

Wigney was a big loss, - we was doing a pretty handy job at CHB until injured. injured the same game as Richo too, which made it worse.

Broadsword95 said:
Lol that's a tad freaky. You don't happen to live in England too do you lol? Geez I love that video though. I also have the first quarter of Kangaroos Richmond on tape from that year, wher we kicked 9 goals int he first quarter. Wow, Matty Rogers on the siren. Fantastic.

Good to have a fellow 95er on here!

HAHA Nah no London links from me. Love Daffy's snap against Collingwood too.

"That's a very good kick by the Duck it's a goal!!!"