This board has to be closed down [MERGED] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

This board has to be closed down [MERGED]

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I've had an e-mail from Trent Jacobs saying he'd prefer this Members Forum board be removed from the site.

I'll transfer all of the posts onto the main board so any info can be found by searching (when the techs finally fix the search function.)

I'll wait a couple of days before deleting the board to give anyone a last chance to look anything up if they so desire.

Re: This board has to be closed down

What is the point of removing this forum? Richmond Members/Supporters and others do most of their talking in the Tiger Talk Forum anyway.

I can't see the problem with PRE and the managers of PRE having what forums they think are needed.

Re: Richmond Member Forum board is being deleted.

Maybe we could replace it with a 'sack spud' board ;D

Is this an April Fools thing?
Or is Jacobs fair dinkum?

Fair dinkum bigwow. ::) :mad:

Then I suggest he gets a a life.
What harm does this board do.  The lively chatter  here should be a stimulus to the club.
Perhaps TJ was right and they are afraid of the supporters.

Why?? Any legitimate reasons Rosy??

No reasons given jb.

HELLO THIS IS BIG BROTHER SPEAKING
any criticism of the board or President Clinton Casey shall be exterminated.....YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

get on with on field and cost effective admin RFC board
for f*cks sake

Slight change of plan. ;)

I've just spoken to Trent on the phone and his concern with the board was that in-house issues from the Member Forum would be discussed.

The board will stay now but will have a name change to reflect that it's to do with all off-field issues we'd like to discuss about Richmond, not only the members forum.

Some "non confidential" Member Forum issues will be probably be discussed as well but basically it's for any non-football related Richmond talk.

'scuse my ignorance :p, but who's Trent Jacobs??

New Marketing Manager?

I'm still confused by the whole thing. What are they actually objecting to - freedom of speech?

Trent saying he'd prefer the board to be deleted was probably a bit of  misunderstanding I think jb.

In a previous discussion I'd talked to Trent about the Members Forum and the board on PRE.

I think by the 'Richmond Member Forum' title of the board Trent thought it was soley for the Members Forum information rather than general off-field Richmond discussion.

Re: This board has to be closed down

I must have missed something.

Why has Trent Jacob got a problem with this board Rosy? Is it contravening some written rule.

I know you don't want to get on the wrong side of the club, but I hope it doesn't get to the stage where they dictate what can and cannot be posted on this site.

I'm totally confused - think I need another glass of my favourite "Fourpenny Dark".

(I'll leave the kiddies to translate 'fourpenny' into Newspeak while I have a glugalug)

My glass of FD is still half-full and I've only got back (chronologically) to MC24's October report and, guess what?

Found a dreaded *smile* in her quoted report. Now I don't believe for one minute that our own MC24 would allow a mild cussword to pass her lips, let alone a fullblown obscenity, so what the *smile* is going on with the swear filter?

I can't even hazard a guess what word was considered censorable . . .

Wait I can hear a Paul Kelly number from the telly - must be "Fireflies"! (grabs glass of FD and heads into other room)

Roar34 said:
so what the *smile* is going on with the swear filter? 

I can't even hazard a guess what word was considered censorable . . .

Can I have a link to check it out please Roar? I've fixed Hartbalmes *smile* problem but can't work RR's out yet.

sorry Rosy, I got caught up with other things - is this what you want?

http://puntroadend.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=3192.0