This tops it off...... | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

This tops it off......

iLoVeNeWmAn

RFC - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
Casey stands firm behind Frawley
12 August 2003 AFL
By MARK ROBINSON

RICHMOND president Clinton Casey last night was unwavering in his support for embattled coach Danny Frawley.

Looking for answers: Danny Frawley takes a back-seat stance at Richmond's training session yesterday.
Picture: Colleen Petch

On the day Frawley and acting skipper Matthew Richardson apologised to supporters for Richmond's performance against St Kilda on Saturday night, Casey said the club's stand on Frawley was unequivocal.

"I'm telling you, he will be coaching the club next year," he said.

Acknowledging supporter angst after a dismal 19 rounds – at both Frawley and the players – a passionate Casey said the 80-point loss to the Saints did nothing but steel the resolve of those in charge.

"Saturday night was a huge disappointment, by far the worst performance these guys have put in all year, but there's absolutely no doubt we're on the right track and you will see that," he said.

"What needs to happen is we need to control a steady ship and show that to the supporters for once.

"We don't have to tell Richmond people anything, they are sick of hearing it, what we've got to do is to keep good people in the right spots for enough time to get this club up. The supporters have heard it all for 20 years, what they want is to be shown it.

"As a club we've tried short-term cuts, tried sacking coaches, you try to re-do a coaching department who has got no understanding of the list, and where does that leave you?

"The performance on the weekend only highlighted the fact we're on the right track, and we will get it done."

I don't even want to talk about it, but can someone please explain what this moron is on about, specifically the last paragraph???

Get those tins going for our 'Shaft a Spud' campaign, I'll double my initial $50 and double it again if we rid ourselves of this half wit in Casey as well.

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
NeWmAn, I think you are alittle harsh.

What was your opinion of Danny Frawley in round 8 when we were 6-2 and sitting second on the ladder.

Yeah, Danny Frawley has make some mistakes and I confess in the heat of the moment, yeah I do say some silly things without thinking it through.

Greg Stafford last night repeated what Brad Ottens said previously, some players are simply not playing to the coaches instructions.
Lets face it, our player list compared to other teams isnt at the level we'd like. Richmond has passed up on some excellent players in the draft. Our recuiting is very questionable.
Richmond in the past 20 years has had the easy way of pointing the finger at the coach and the blame lying with the coach. Did you think any coach in their right might would take on the coaching job at Richmond, knowing that they will follow suit and get the sack ? I dont think so.
By sacking the coach, nothing is gained. It just means we start all over again. Look at Mick Malthouse. Collingwood had a very bad two years, did they sack him ? No they stuck by him and now Collingwood is a real chance at winning the grand final.
The entire club needs to stick together, more importantly work together and recuit the right players. I am sure that Greg Miller will go through our list and get rid on some deadwood.
Further more, sacking Frawley, would only mean paying out his contract. Richmond cant afford to throw money away. If Richmond is to become successful, we need to be financial.
We are certainly at a low, united we must remain. Our turn will come to again be a powerhouse. When ? Only time will tell.
I understand how frustrated you are, I was at the game and felt like leaving early, however I remained under the final siren. Every dog has their dog, ours just seems to be longer than the others.

iLoVeNeWmAn

RFC - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
nwonash said:
What was your opinion of Danny Frawley in round 8 when we were 6-2 and sitting second on the ladder.

I'll tell you what my opinion was of Danny when we were 6 - 2 - EXACTLY what it is now.

A few wins early in the season against underdone, average sides may have fooled you nwonash, but our DUD of a coach has never, ever had my backing or even the slightest confidence in that he can do a job at the RFC.

You mention Mick Malthouse and that the pies didn't sack him when they were down?

Do you realise that in those 2 years, when the pies were down, Malthouse was cleaning out his dudlist so quick, only a handful of players when he arrived are still there???

If Danny was pro-active in:

cleaning out our duds, which in 4 years he has done nothing of the sort

if he knew how to implement a decent game plan, which in 4 years he's done nothing of the sort

etc. etc.

You thought I was being harsh earlier (LOL) There's a whole lot worse just around the corner........