Thomson Dow | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thomson Dow

personally I'd prefer we were playing Sonsie in Does spot. I think he has more upside as a mid than Dow does, and I don't think Sonsie is that good as a HFF but better as a mid.
Chalk and cheese Dow and Sonsie, both in player type and how much they're showing. Sonsie has to pull his finger out pronto.

Reactions: 1 users
He can keep playing as long as that doesn't take games away from McAuliffe, but personally I'd prefer we were playing Sonsie in Does spot. I think he has more upside as a mid than Dow does, and I don't think Sonsie is that good as a HFF but better as a mid. Its almost because he can play a 2nd position that he loses out and because Dow doesn't then he gets all the midfield minutes.
Sonsie has shown little at AFL or VFL level that demonstartes he can play mid IMO. Dow is showing incremental improvement.

Sonsie has shown little at AFL or VFL level that demonstartes he can play mid IMO. Dow is showing incremental improvement.

Sonsie has barely been given any midfield time. When they both played midfield a few weeks ago, Sonsie outperformed Dow.

He can keep playing as long as that doesn't take games away from McAuliffe, but personally I'd prefer we were playing Sonsie in Does spot. I think he has more upside as a mid than Dow does, and I don't think Sonsie is that good as a HFF but better as a mid. Its almost because he can play a 2nd position that he loses out and because Dow doesn't then he gets all the midfield minutes.

the prospect of sonsie midfield gives me nightmares.
cue the band, they will waltz in a straight line thru him.

sign him up for ju jitsu & body pump, come back next year.
bad influence as is.

I can see some improvement, Thommo was good against the Lions last week and again against the Bombers last night.
Has played less than 30 games, hopefully he is getting a bit of belief.

Reactions: 2 users
Sonsie has barely been given any midfield time. When they both played midfield a few weeks ago, Sonsie outperformed Dow.
What game? Sonsie is mostly invisible when he plays, IMO no way he has more upside in the middle than Dow.

Dow has agility and ability to win his own ball. He needs to build some size. He needs to work on his left side disposal. Sonsie is slow and pretty timid at the contest.

Bolton, Taranto, Hopper, Prestia, Martin, Ross, Mcauliffe, Dow. Yep there's room for Thommy in a full strength mid field rotation. Poor bugger's been learning his craft the hard way this year often trying to play as a top 2 or 3 mid instead of building in a support role. Hopefully this year is the one that builds him into a genuine player not just a helper.

What game? Sonsie is mostly invisible when he plays, IMO no way he has more upside in the middle than Dow.

Dow has agility and ability to win his own ball. He needs to build some size. He needs to work on his left side disposal. Sonsie is slow and pretty timid at the contest.

The Dogs game. Won the ball well at the contest, 6 clearances that game, didn't kick it well that game but was good other than that. Puts on way more pressure than Dow, check out the pressure acts. Not saying that Sonsie is going to be better than Taranto, Prestia, Hopper etc, but he has more upside than Dow. Whilst people say he's getting better, I just don't see it. His kicking is really poor, check out his 2 inside 50 kicks yesterday, high up and unders to no-one in particular. I have more faith that Sonsie could be a long term midfielder than Dow, but seems like because he has some level of flexibility (unlike Dows zero flexibility) he gets pushed to a HFF.

He’s left-handed and right-footed…. unusual

Reactions: 1 user
Muppet Arms.... :mhihi.....geez. He has got the right muscly body frame but empty guns. Needs to hit the gym with Samson daily and get some KFC into him.

plays like a first year player. the major problem with that is he isn't, it's his fourth season this year.

5th season.
Yep hes a busted flush.

Seen enough yet he's playing every F@#$^@ week yet Steely and Coulthard get 5 minutes then get the arse.

Just replace him with McAuliffe in the middle with Prestia, Baker and Graham playing alongside and bring in a small fleet forward forward like Coulthard or Green who can hit the @$^#@^@% scoreboard and chase and spread.