Thomson Dow | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thomson Dow

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Showed a bit, got shown up a bit. Nice hands at times, panic fumbles at others. 18. Likely.

Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Yep, very good for a first game and came in against one of the form sides.

Great signs. Not sure he keeps his place in the side but that performance alone should keep him on the list.

DS

Reactions: 3 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Not too many tougher outfits to debut against than the Coasters so glad to hear he had a crack.

Reactions: 1 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Showed a bit, got shown up a bit. Nice hands at times, panic fumbles at others. 18. Likely.

Goes to the bye very satisfied.
Can I do it? Yes I can.
What an experience for the lad. He’ll be pinching himself tonight. Amongst other things

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
took a few short steps which i didnt like .

Maybe 5kg will change that

Reactions: 1 user

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
took a few short steps which i didnt like .

Maybe 5kg will change that

I reckon that was just lack of confidence, that he was 'giving way' to more senior personnel who were in the vicinity.

Definitely agree that he needs another pre season to build his strength.

Reactions: 7 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
I can picture Dow and Ross as our midfield warriors in years to come as they have both shown now they can deliver.

To play your first game against an inform top team who came to play, and that first qtr was pretty fierce, he showed more than enough.

He has it.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Goes to the bye very satisfied.
Can I do it? Yes I can.
What an experience for the lad. He’ll be pinching himself tonight. Amongst other things
As long as short and vlas stay clear all good

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Looks a player. His first touch on traffic was elite.

Not sure he stays in for our finals tilt though. At this stage, Higgo offers more.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
I can picture Dow and Ross as our midfield warriors in years to come as they have both shown now they can deliver.

To play your first game against an inform top team who came to play, and that first qtr was pretty fierce, he showed more than enough.

He has it.

It was a brave and confident call by the coach and selectors in the first place and it paid off
He now deserves next week for starters and then it’s a case of wait and see how he goes
Even if he doesn’t hold his spot for the finals it will still have been a good grounding in what has been a difficult year for these younger players

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
If RCD can make the grade that's a pretty handy midfield that look after us for a decade to come

Reactions: 3 users

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
Just watched the replay and kept a close eye on Dow. Needs to work harder off the ball but with the ball and needs to go when it's his turn but that will come in time. The lad is a natural quick thinker. Always looks to handball to someone outside the congestion and extremely aware of his immediate 5m area and everything in it as opposed to Castagna for instance.

TBH, I won't be disappointed if he stays in.

Reactions: 6 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Just watched the replay and kept a close eye on Dow. Needs to work harder off the ball but with the ball and needs to go when it's his turn but that will come in time. The lad is a natural quick thinker. Always looks to handball to someone outside the congestion and extremely aware of his immediate 5m area and everything in it as opposed to Castagna for instance.

The kid has a long way to go before can match the achievements of George W Castagna.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Feeling Tigerish

Tiger Champion
Apr 11, 2009

That’s what I noticed on the replay, his work off the ball was way way below par. I know some saw a lot of positives in his performance, I was extremely underwhelmed tbh.

let’s see what happens in his 2nd game.