Thomson Dow | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thomson Dow

He has about one acceptable game in every five, but with our raft of injuries, looming retirements and trading, we have to play his type.
Pretty much my thoughts. Right place, right time for Dow. If he were at North, he'd be delisted. But for our list and volume of injuries....he'll keep playing.

Reactions: 1 user
Right now Dow's mindset is not at AFL level and is prone to making bad decisions or worse, no decision at all. Trouble is who have we got to replace him? Not much in the VFL cupboard

Reactions: 1 users
The thing I hate most is his apparent lack of trust in his footskills.
He looks to handball first as a priority & often it's is the wrong decision & puts his team mate under the pump & I think it's because he has no left foot.

He's no doubt trying hard but punching well above his weight. Just on that he's too light for an inside role too. Gets brushed off too often.

No Taranto, No Prestia, No Hopper doesn't help but is he the future?? Anyways we're finding out.

Reactions: 4 users
What I don't get is why we keep recruiting these mids who are slightly built, we need more strong bodies at clearances but so many of our players don't have the build to play in the middle. Dow is just one example of this.

DS
No longer I suspect

Thomson had a different role today. Was there as a "linkman" at high half forward a fair bit. Did some good, some ok'ish and some not so good. He did go when he had to at least early on.

No Taranto, No Prestia, No Hopper doesn't help but is he the future?? Anyways we're finding out.
Unfortunately there's half the problem ToOheys. With a full strength mid field, Taranto, Hopper, Presty, Bakes, Ross, Dusty n Shai sharing a bit. Then someone like Dow gets to learn his craft n ease his way up to 50 odd games as a helper instead of trying to play as a first or second mid. The same could be said for Sonz at senior level. Due to all the injuries it's pretty much sink or swim for these blokes at the moment.

Reactions: 4 users
The thing I hate most is his apparent lack of trust in his footskills.
He looks to handball first as a priority & often it's is the wrong decision & puts his team mate under the pump & I think it's because he has no left foot.

He's no doubt trying hard but punching well above his weight. Just on that he's too light for an inside role too. Gets brushed off too often.

If he is the future WE HAVE NO FUTURE.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users