Thoroughbred racing | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thoroughbred racing

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
What's with all the scratchings in R3 at Flemington, I need Flying Evelyn to win or run 2nd for my Multi, no 3rd divi.

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Expat in the Coolmore for mine

On pace runner that loves the wet.

That’ll do me

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Might be time to give Espiona a spell. Get it off these incessant bog tracks up there. Bloody dump of a city is like something out of Bladerunner.

Reactions: 1 user

Mopsy

Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Might be time to give Espiona a spell. Get it off these incessant bog tracks up there. Bloody dump of a city is like something out of Bladerunner.

Betting on heavy tracks is fraught with danger, a lesson I never learn.

The result in the Newmarket was insane. Hard to believe the inside was that big of an advantage as compared to the middle of the track.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Yep, put her out, and take her to Melbourne for the Spring, they have "dry" tracks and she races well there.

Mopsy

Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Yep, put her out, and take her to Melbourne for the Spring, they have "dry" tracks and she races well there.

Or she’s not as good as everyone thought, and this is a poor crop of 3yo fillies.

Only time will tell…..

Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
There’s always been this view that Sydney should focus its prime racing over Autumn and Winter and leave Spring and Summer to Victoria.

Well, their appalling Summer weather year on year now is, ironically, probably going to force them down that path.

What multi zillion dollar stable wants to keep running on heavy 10’s and 9’s every week ?

Mopsy

Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
There’s always been this view that Sydney should focus its prime racing over Autumn and Winter and leave Spring and Summer to Victoria.

Well, their appalling Summer weather year on year now is, ironically, probably going to force them down that path.

What multi zillion dollar stable wants to keep running on heavy 10’s and 9’s every week ?

Its an argument that makes a whole lot of sense.

But with V’ladys in control of NSW racing it isn’t going to happen. The blokes ego is out of control.

Unfortunately he is an administrator who focuses on lessening someone else’s great product, and comes up with gimmicks that in a pure racing sense means nothing at all.

Money is all he throws at things. The Everest is a great concept, but it carries no group status to go with it. It would be much better placed in the Autumn as opposed to the spring.

And then there’s his latest concept, I can’t even remember what it’s called, the race to be run straight after the Melbourne Cup.

Ludicrous.

Reactions: 2 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Its an argument that makes a whole lot of sense.

But with V’ladys in control of NSW racing it isn’t going to happen. The blokes ego is out of control.

Unfortunately he is an administrator who focuses on lessening someone else’s great product, and comes up with gimmicks that in a pure racing sense means nothing at all.

Money is all he throws at things. The Everest is a great concept, but it carries no group status to go with it. It would be much better placed in the Autumn as opposed to the spring.

And then there’s his latest concept, I can’t even remember what it’s called, the race to be run straight after the Melbourne Cup.

Ludicrous.
Yes. Precisely Don. Good post.

Did you see the interview he did with Matthew Johns a few weeks ago ? See if you can find it.

Guy is a complete, 100% ahole. (Huge chip on shoulder).

• Love

Mopsy

Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Yes. Precisely Don. Good post.

Did you see the interview he did with Matthew Johns a few weeks ago ? See if you can find it.

Guy is a complete, 100% ahole. (Huge chip on shoulder).

I haven’t, but shall look it up.

But I know how it will go.

His modus operandi as an NRL administrator, when discussing his main competitor, that being AFL, is to try and belittle the opposition product.

Unfortunately for him he comes across as an uneducated goose who doesn’t understand the sport (AFL) at all.

He just ends up embarrassing himself, not the product he is trying to do that to.

Quite simply, he is pathetic.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I haven’t, but shall look it up.

But I know how it will go.

His modus operandi as an NRL administrator, when discussing his main competitor, that being AFL, is to try and belittle the opposition product.

Unfortunately for him he comes across as an uneducated goose who doesn’t understand the sport (AFL) at all.

He just ends up embarrassing himself, not the product he is trying to do that to.

Quite simply, he is pathetic.
Yes.

In the interview he states he hates AFL, doesn’t like Victorians or Racing Victoria, VRC etc, says we have big egos etc and wants to crush Victorian racing.

Even Matthew Johns looks surprised and you can almost see him thinking “this blokes a nutter”.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Mopsy

Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Yes.

In the interview he states he hates AFL, doesn’t like Victorians or Racing Victoria, VRC etc, says we have big egos etc and wants to crush Victorian racing.

Even Matthew Johns looks surprised and you can almost see him thinking “this blokes a nutter”.
I am witnessing first hand up here in Brisbane why he is carrying on like he is. Consider this…..

The sport is bleeding, especially here in QLD.

Auskick numbers are through the roof, more and more kids are choosing AFL.

My youngster started year 5 last year at a private school in Brisbane. Sport options in term 1 were cricket and AFL. Out of 135 kids in year 5, 75 chose AFL. Unfortunately the whole inter school comp only allowed for 2 teams (15 players each team) per year level.

For those that missed selection in the teams, each school had internal games each Thursday afternoon as compensation, so they could at least play.

This year there is now 3 teams per year level. They recognised they needed to expand the competition to cater for the increase in demand. More kids are now exposed to playing competitive games.

The next part blew my mind.

In term 3 rugby league was offered, but there was only ONE team per year level. I found that staggering. No internal games for those that missed selection, nothing!

With that in mind you can see why V’landys is concerned. His sport is getting swallowed by AFL and he doesn’t know how to respond.

They have no version of Auskick, no initial gateway for young kids to get involved on a casual introductory format.

Its no wonder he is carrying on like he is. It’s natural to play the man when you are on the defensive.

Sorry to have segwayed to NRL talk on the racing thread, do we have a NRL thread on here this can be moved to if needed?

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I am witnessing first hand up here in Brisbane why he is carrying on like he is. Consider this…..

My youngster started year 5 last year at a private school in Brisbane. Sport options in term 1 were cricket and AFL. Out of 135 kids in year 5, 75 chose AFL. Unfortunately the whole inter school comp only allowed for 2 teams (15 players each team) per year level.

For those that missed selection in the teams, each school had internal games each Thursday afternoon as compensation, so they could at least play.

This year there is now 3 teams per year level. They recognised they needed to expand the competition to cater for the increase in demand. More kids are now exposed to playing competitive games.

In term 3 rugby league was offered, but there was only ONE team per year level. I found that staggering. No internal games for those that missed selection, nothing!

With that in mind you can see why V’landys is concerned. His sport is getting swallowed by AFL and he doesn’t know how to respond.

They have no version of Auskick, no initial gateway for young kids to get involved on a casual introductory format.

Its no wonder he is carrying on like he is. It’s natural to play the man when you are on the defensive.

Sorry to have segwayed to NRL talk on the racing thread, do we have a NRL thread on here this can be moved to if needed?
Yeah it’s amazing up there in Brisbane Don.

My young nephew goes to Iona up there. Unreal how serious they take it. The facilities etc.

He also plays with Morningside juniors. Same thing. Kids, people everywhere.

Football is killing it in Queensland.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003

I read an article last year, V’landys was in a chopper in the Hunter Valley in NSW and was shocked by how many AFL grounds he saw, he spat the dummy apparently.