Thoroughbred racing | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thoroughbred racing

Backed Cascadian, he was the best bet of the Autumn in that field. Have backed Heresy e/w in the Surround Stakes.

Reactions: 1 user
Yep that ride was pitiful.

As punters we just want our horses to be given a chance, not ridden hands and heels down the entire straight.

yeah like Riddles said, she may not have wanted to go through, but Clarke didnt appear to be doing much persuading.

D.Lane nearly had to dislocate her head to get her going on the turn, first up at Caulfield last October.

she takes some getting going

Interestingly, Cummings made the comment in the week how patient and gentle Clarke is.

the last thing I want in a jockey, is gentle. Give me Frankie Dettori or Hugh Bowman.

But, yeah, pretty dumb to bet enthusiastically against a champ.

Its about as smart as backing Patrick Dangerfield for a Norm Smith.

oh well.

Reactions: 1 users
Backed Cascadian, he was the best bet of the Autumn in that field. Have backed Heresy e/w in the Surround Stakes.
Heresy hey? Looking for something to beat Waller’s gun fillies neither who have been on a heavy track. That said they may both swim!

Larkspur Run has heavy form.

Heresy hey? Looking for something to beat Waller’s gun fillies neither who have been on a heavy track. That said they may both swim!

Larkspur Run has heavy form.
Yes, she caught my eye in a race last spring, and went to the line without being really tested against Fangirl and Espionage last start.

Gee Marabi is an exciting horse.

She dead set explodes when asked for an effort.

Very quiet thread leading into tomorrow folks....

What we all like?

Leysy's waiting to see track condition before getting the folding stuff out.

Last edited:
Backed Inspirational Girl last start, she ran the fastest 600 metres of the race, so got to back her again. Not going to get the $26 I got last start.

Reckon Wild Planet is a good each way bet at Randwick.

Jab Watson, Hooker and Bellchambers are part owners of Annavisto which just won the 4th at Flemington, the stewards had better swab that horse.