Thoroughbred racing | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thoroughbred racing

Tiger44

Tiger Superstar
Sep 23, 2005
Posting from Adelaide folks as enjoyed the effort last night against the Crows. Dusty was worth the price of admission. Great to see some of the kids continue their progress but still disappointing to let it slip in the last ten minutes - more so that average players like Jenkins and Walker cause the damage.

On to the horses now - Fabric in the last at Sandown tomorrow. Haven't heard from the trainer and being in Adelaide until Sunday may only get an email on Saturday morning. Do expect her to go well as she has above average ability. Couple of question marks - 1) she is up against the boys, not that I see that as a problem 2) hasn't raced on rain affected ground before so a bit of an unknown 3) she did have a hoof abscess last weekend but didn't miss a lot of work. I think $4 is a fair price but would be nice to get out to $5 so that each way gets your money back. From her ideal draw should settle just off them and with quite a few go forward horses in the race may just set it up for her. Will be having a crack!

Go Tigers

TStack (how good was he last night!)

E

easy_tiger

that hoof abscess must be worse than they thought 44? theyve scratched her.

E

easy_tiger

Bernie said:
ET
As the saying goes, if you treat your wife like a thoroughbred, she will never be a nag!

Darren Weir certainly took that one literally didnt he?

Tiger44

Tiger Superstar
Sep 23, 2005
easy said:
that hoof abscess must be worse than they thought 44? theyve scratched her.

Yep Easy, bloods just not quite right so will wait until Caulfield on 29th. Disappointing - except as i am in Adelaide and would have missed the run it may be good for me!

Like Snow Valley Rosehill Race 4 number 10 each way tomorrow

Go Tigers

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
https://www.racenet.com.au/news/could-the-unthinkable-happen---nsw-challenge-the-melbourne-cup-20190618

interesting read for some of us.

dusty also receives a mention late in the report.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Bernie said:
https://www.racenet.com.au/news/could-the-unthinkable-happen---nsw-challenge-the-melbourne-cup-20190618

Pretty unhealthy developments IMO. Surely owners would prefer the money spread across the board, making the industry stronger instead of a superficial grab for attention.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Bernie said:

dusty also receives a mention late in the report.

Gee Bernie i reckon Racenet scraped the bottom of the barrel when they started using that fraudster Callendar for his opinions, no one would even know him if it wasn't for his father. He shouldn't have ever been let back on the track for what he did.

It's not just the Vics that NSW are taking on, they recently announced a $1 million race at Kembla Grange that will be held on the same day, for the same prize money and over the same distance as Perth's Group one Railway Stakes.
Wa only have 3 group one races, and have their carnival late November early December, how much of the pie does V’landys and NSW want?

Tiger44

Tiger Superstar
Sep 23, 2005
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Pretty unhealthy developments IMO. Surely owners would prefer the money spread across the board, making the industry stronger instead of a superficial grab for attention.

Couldn't agree more - at the moment it is all about how we can appease the top end of town!

E

easy_tiger

Spooks up for the uncos this sat then were back to the start.

Spook
Bernie $0
Easy, $0
Elmer $55
44 $94
JB $20
Leysy $0
Tman$30
StC $0
Tigersnake $0

Balance =$149

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
LeeToRainesToRoach said:

The Freedman that trains but is not Lee (one of them anyway) said they should increase money across the board for maidens. Spreads the wealth and gives a kick to the battler who are then likely to reinvest. The good races around the world are dominated by too few - pretty sure O'Brien trained the first 3 or 4 across the line in the epsom Derby a couple of week back.

E

easy_tiger

I heard that if went to Sandown last week, and followed a Collingwood prodigal mid about and ruled a line through everything he backed, you would have done pretty well.

Sounded like he left about an ordinary mans' years pay in the ring.

The Unco's will be buying him a hamburger if he can't ease up is what I hear, allegedly

Tiger44

Tiger Superstar
Sep 23, 2005
Fabric in at Caulfield Saturday - is 5 weeks between runs due to hoof abscess but she is well and with a claim for M Poy will only carry 53kgs. Williams was already booked for the favorite but would have been interesting if he had a choice but who knows. Drew 10 in a field of 10 so no favours there. Currently $4.20 or thereabouts will be having a crack but will also be each way just as insurance. Also have Im Buxom in at Geelong Friday or Morphettville Saturday - wouldn't be risking anything on her until she shows a bit more.

Good punting all

TStack

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Fabric in at Caulfield Saturday - is 5 weeks between runs due to hoof abscess but she is well and with a claim for M Poy will only carry 53kgs. Williams was already booked for the favorite but would have been interesting if he had a choice but who knows. Drew 10 in a field of 10 so no favours there. Currently $4.20 or thereabouts will be having a crack but will also be each way just as insurance. Also have Im Buxom in at Geelong Friday or Morphettville Saturday - wouldn't be risking anything on her until she shows a bit more.

Good punting all

TStack

Good luck T44.

I've got her going in 2 Multi's, if she wins or runs a drum i've got a collect.
You'll like this one, Damian Lane is over in Japan, and killing the pig. He had one ride yesterday, so i took him into Pakistan last night, into your your girl Fabric. Say a prayer for me;)

Tiger44

Tiger Superstar
Sep 23, 2005
Good luck T44.

I've got her going in 2 Multi's, if she wins or runs a drum i've got a collect.
You'll like this one, Damian Lane is over in Japan, and killing the pig. He had one ride yesterday, so i took him into Pakistan last night, into your your girl Fabric. Say a prayer for me;)
Good luck Tigerman - just not 100% convinced with her tomorrow. Like the Tigers, a few question marks. But like the Tiges she will be trying and has more than her share of ability. Fingers crossed (on both fronts).

Im Buxom to run at Geelong - not that it matters that much as she won't be carrying any of mine.

Will leave the prayers to the Falau's of this world.

T Stack

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Good luck Tigerman - just not 100% convinced with her tomorrow. Like the Tigers, a few question marks. But like the Tiges she will be trying and has more than her share of ability. Fingers crossed (on both fronts).

Im Buxom to run at Geelong - not that it matters that much as she won't be carrying any of mine.

Will leave the prayers to the Falau's of this world.

T Stack
She hasn't got any wet track form, and it looks like being a heavy track. What's the stable thoughts on how she'll handle rain affected going?
It's down to 9 runners, if there's more than 1 more scratching i'll be snookered with my place Multi. :(