Ticketing | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ticketing

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Hi all. Just got my tickets for Round 1 through Ticketek. No issue. Tried getting 2 tickets for round 2 (1 with my Away membership and 1 general admission) and I'm confused. The only seats available seem to be in bay M10, which I don't like or 4 bays up the very top in the Southern Stand (for $60 o_O ). Everything else says "Allocation Exhausted". This can't be sold out already can it? Or is that the only areas allocated to Richmond members? Should I wait and see if they open up more areas in the next few days?
I REALLY hate ticketek!!!!!!! :mad:

Platinum member

Tiger Matchwinner
Nov 30, 2015
Reservoir
Hi all. Just got my tickets for Round 1 through Ticketek. No issue. Tried getting 2 tickets for round 2 (1 with my Away membership and 1 general admission) and I'm confused. The only seats available seem to be in bay M10, which I don't like or 4 bays up the very top in the Southern Stand (for $60 o_O ). Everything else says "Allocation Exhausted". This can't be sold out already can it? Or is that the only areas allocated to Richmond members? Should I wait and see if they open up more areas in the next few days?
I REALLY hate ticketek!!!!!!! :mad:
They will open more the closer the game gets when those ones have sold out.

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Have mine in M31 & just happy as lark to be there again for seasons opener. Going as well on Sunday for Hawkers/Lions game. It just happens that my wife is a Lions supporter so it was very lucky for her that game was on at The G.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I was buying tickets to away games today (home games next Tuesday for Roaming Tigers). Every game, and yes that includes against Carlton in August, I tried to get tickets and the whole bay I was being put in was tickets unavailable except the ones they chose for me. Absolute Bulls**t. It is criminal that they can do this, it should just be first in best seats and for the life of me I don't see how this benefits Ticketek or anyone else.

I think I'll complain to the club, we shouldn't be treated like this. What's the bet that half the seats in front of the ones I have are empty?

DS

Reactions: 1 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I was buying tickets to away games today (home games next Tuesday for Roaming Tigers). Every game, and yes that includes against Carlton in August, I tried to get tickets and the whole bay I was being put in was tickets unavailable except the ones they chose for me. Absolute Bulls**t. It is criminal that they can do this, it should just be first in best seats and for the life of me I don't see how this benefits Ticketek or anyone else.

I think I'll complain to the club, we shouldn't be treated like this. What's the bet that half the seats in front of the ones I have are empty?

DS

are you a 16 game member? i just looked at tix for ANZAC eve and they didn't accept my roaming tiger barcode. must be because i am 11 games? And ticket prices are insane. $65 for L1 goals and $57 for L4 front. :rolleyes:

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Are Round 1 tickets close to sold out? I went on today and tried for Tiger members allocated area and it said there were none left. I tried general seating and t gave me option in 1 bay only. Not too bad seats, just wondering why the lack of options.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Are Round 1 tickets close to sold out? I went on today and tried for Tiger members allocated area and it said there were none left. I tried general seating and t gave me option in 1 bay only. Not too bad seats, just wondering why the lack of options.
Because the dodgy bastards sell the seating in structured blocks so they can get maximum fill in each area they allocate before moving to the next area. If the people paying their hard earned early get to pick n choose where they want to sit, there'll be little gaps n pockets everywhere that the late comers would have to put up with n much harder to sell to the discretionary theatre goer.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Because the dodgy bastards sell the seating in structured blocks so they can get maximum fill in each area they allocate before moving to the next area. If the people paying their hard earned early get to pick n choose where they want to sit, there'll be little gaps n pockets everywhere that the late comers would have to put up with n much harder to sell to the discretionary theatre goer.

Makes you wonder then what's the point of members getting pre public release access?

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
are you a 16 game member? i just looked at tix for ANZAC eve and they didn't accept my roaming tiger barcode. must be because i am 11 games? And ticket prices are insane. $65 for L1 goals and $57 for L4 front. :rolleyes:

Yeah I am a Home and Away member, but that shouldn't make a difference.

I don't get to book round 1 until next week as that's when Roaming Tiger members get to book for early rounds. If they have sold any of our bays I'll be very pissed off.

DS

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Yeah I am a Home and Away member, but that shouldn't make a difference.

I don't get to book round 1 until next week as that's when Roaming Tiger members get to book for early rounds. If they have sold any of our bays I'll be very pissed off.

DS

it clearly does make a difference. not that it matters as I won't pay $57 for L4. I'll just get GA.

No, Bays M1 and M2 are exclusive to Roaming Tigers. Any unused Tix are only put on sale 2-3 days before the game.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Just went to the Ticketek site and looked for tickets to Collingwood v Richmond Round 2.

I booked on Monday morning as a club member, I got into Bay M7 and could not get tickets closer than row BB. All other seats in the whole bay, in front of me, behind me, beside me - all were listed as unavailable.

So, I go there now and what do I see:

Collingwood Richmond Rnd 2 seat availability 11.10pm 26022020.jpg

Same Bay, I can get a front row seat and, lo and behold, all those seats which were supposedly unavailable for club member purchase on Monday are all available now.

Absolute F***ing outrage.

I'm left with crap tickets miles back from the ground because I am a club member.

This is beyond a joke, we are being taken as mugs by the AFL and Ticketek.

DS

Reactions: 2 users

Platinum member

Tiger Matchwinner
Nov 30, 2015
Reservoir
Just went to the Ticketek site and looked for tickets to Collingwood v Richmond Round 2.

I booked on Monday morning as a club member, I got into Bay M7 and could not get tickets closer than row BB. All other seats in the whole bay, in front of me, behind me, beside me - all were listed as unavailable.

So, I go there now and what do I see:

View attachment 9550

Same Bay, I can get a front row seat and, lo and behold, all those seats which were supposedly unavailable for club member purchase on Monday are all available now.

Absolute F***ing outrage.

I'm left with crap tickets miles back from the ground because I am a club member.

This is beyond a joke, we are being taken as mugs by the AFL and Ticketek.
You got the better seat. BB is way better than A. In finals etc they are more money/higher category. Your seat is elevated and undercover.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
You got the better seat. BB is way better than A. In finals etc they are more money/higher category. Your seat is elevated and undercover.

I would prefer a seat further up the front, but even more than that, I expect a choice and not to be lied to about which seats are really available.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
I've just checked and still only the 4 bays up top of the Southern Stand and 1 bay in M10 are on sale for the Collingwood game. does anyone know when other bays will be opened up? I usually sit in the Olympic Stand.
Also, looking for tickets for the Brisbane game up there in May. Nothing!!! I've gone to the AFL site and clicked on there then redirected to Ticketek again only for a message to come up saying there is nothing to open. tried the Ticketek site straight and nothing appears. It's not ticketmaster. I thought all rounds except round 23 was open to buy???
Can anyone help or am I just getting ahead of myself?

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I've just checked and still only the 4 bays up top of the Southern Stand and 1 bay in M10 are on sale for the Collingwood game. does anyone know when other bays will be opened up? I usually sit in the Olympic Stand.
Also, looking for tickets for the Brisbane game up there in May. Nothing!!! I've gone to the AFL site and clicked on there then redirected to Ticketek again only for a message to come up saying there is nothing to open. tried the Ticketek site straight and nothing appears. It's not ticketmaster. I thought all rounds except round 23 was open to buy???
Can anyone help or am I just getting ahead of myself?

Trying to book tickets? Definitely getting ahead of yourself. No idea what you were expecting, decent tickets for sale when most of the ground is most likely not sold? Wishful thinking with the jerks who run the ticketing.

DS

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Well, after assuming that all tickets went on sale last week, I now discover that different grounds have different dates for on sale. Even though I could get tickets for our game against the Suns last week, the lions game doesn’t go on sale until next week. Both games in Queensland, both games through ticketek. Still no decent seats against the pies yet

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Well, after assuming that all tickets went on sale last week, I now discover that different grounds have different dates for on sale. Even though I could get tickets for our game against the Suns last week, the lions game doesn’t go on sale until next week. Both games in Queensland, both games through ticketek. Still no decent seats against the pies yet

I just checked Ticketek and can see seats in M10, front row, third and fourth row (Round 2 v Collingwood at the MCG).

Now, I am going in without signing in and without putting my barcodes in.

Are they just offering worse seats to members?

Also, the seats picked by the stupid algorithm are in Row GG, when so many seats, probably even some undercover, are available way closer to the action.

I can't put my barcodes in as I have exhausted my entitlement, but it might be worth comparing what you are offered as a club member and as a member of the general public (at a higher price).

I do wonder what they are up to, I suspect club members are being offered inferior seats and/or less choice. If so this is f***ing disgusting.

DS

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
I just checked Ticketek and can see seats in M10, front row, third and fourth row (Round 2 v Collingwood at the MCG).

Now, I am going in without signing in and without putting my barcodes in.

Are they just offering worse seats to members?

Also, the seats picked by the stupid algorithm are in Row GG, when so many seats, probably even some undercover, are available way closer to the action.

I can't put my barcodes in as I have exhausted my entitlement, but it might be worth comparing what you are offered as a club member and as a member of the general public (at a higher price).

I do wonder what they are up to, I suspect club members are being offered inferior seats and/or less choice. If so this is f***ing disgusting.

DS

I thought the same and tried that too. The same bays came up for the general public as for Richmond members. I would have thought those would have sold by now and new ones offered. Maybe it's a collingwood directive to ticketek?

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I would prefer a seat further up the front, but even more than that, I expect a choice and not to be lied to about which seats are really available.

DS

Gimme Row BB over Row B anytime. The undercover line is Row Y in the Southern Stand and I always try to find seats behind that. But your point is valid in that we should be able to choose our own bay and seats.

On a side note, have you received notification re the roaming tiger onsale dates? I know its tomorrow, but I am yet to receive any email regarding it.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
For those who are interested in St Kilda v Richmond, you can get Level 1 adult tix for $35 next to the cheer squad. But get in quick cox I can't imagine they will be around for long.