Corona Lotto | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Corona Lotto

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
I'm not making light of what is a very serious issue for so many people, but.........

Having read that the AFL will suspend the competition for 30 days as soon as ONE player contracts the virus, I got to thinking about which team the BASTARD might play for.

I vote Gold Coast. Rationale is that young men full of......money...... on the Gold Coast will not be able to follow all required protocols and will be out in the clubs.

Any other thoughts?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Brettstigers

Queen La Camilla
Mar 21, 2005
Sydney
Can I please ask a stupid question...(obviously I can as evidenced by sooooo many posts), ;) Why does footy stop for thirty days with one positive test result????

Ok I get the argument that one positive test invalidates a team because they all have had contact but why all other teams? I'll even stretch to the team that team may have played the week before but why all teams? Put that team or two teams on ice for 14 days (or whatever figure is appropriate) and let the others play.

Reactions: 1 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Can I please ask a stupid question...(obviously I can as evidenced by sooooo many posts), ;) Why does footy stop for thirty days with one positive test result????

Ok I get the argument that one positive test invalidates a team because they all have had contact but why all other teams? I'll even stretch to the team that team may have played the week before but why all teams? Put that team or two teams on ice for 14 days (or whatever figure is appropriate) and let the others play.
Sorry Brett. Stuffed if I know the answer to that.

Ask me something easier.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016

I guess it could be because they’re expecting lots of players (and people in general) to eventually get it this year. If we slowly get sick at different times, the death rate should drop from over 5% to under 0.5%.

The 30 days sounds better than announcing they’re shutting the competition down for 3 months (if that’s a potential reality outlined to them by the government).

It’s effectively the same thing, but this gives a better image for the AFL.

Also gives fans a reason to stay engaged when there’s no matches for “30 days”.

Hope I’m wrong.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I'll have Geelong. just cause I reckon Brad Scotts gasping cod mouth is like a viral docking station

if Scott wears a mask, Ill have GWS, cause Toby Spends so much time rubbing peoples faces

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
The NBA I think stopped a game mid-match because of it.

Timing of the positive test will be interesting.

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
I know which team it won't be!

Essendon

That blue light they use to make it hard to see your veins apparently kills viruses.

• Haha

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
What an absolute disgraceful post. The corona virus is a serious threat to our country. People have lost their life.

...my money is on GWS.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
The NBA I think stopped a game mid-match because of it.

Timing of the positive test will be interesting.

The Sydney Kings must have an Eddie McGuire in charge I reckon.

1:2 down to Perth in the best of 5 play offs and Sydney withdraw through virus fears.

Perth say they are good to play out the series.

League award Perth the flag, and Sydney squeal like a trapped fox 'but we finished on top'

steel yourselves for this inglorious end.

especially given Grand Poo Ba McGuire is on the AFL war cabinet for some fun reason.

caspar

We won!!!!!
Jun 8, 2006
Melbourne
If I stand next to someone who’s carrying C19, and I stand there with them for 5 minutes: do I automatically catch the virus?
I understand that ~ 15 minutes of being next to someone (with the virus) can do it. The facts are pretty dynamic at the moment though.

...well most are. Brad Scott's gob WILL close the competition.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
If I stand next to someone who’s carrying C19, and I stand there with them for 5 minutes: do I automatically catch the virus?
Unless the person sprays on you with a sneeze or cough, no.

Still too many grey areas on how this thing spreads.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
The Sydney Kings must have an Eddie McGuire in charge I reckon.

1:2 down to Perth in the best of 5 play offs and Sydney withdraw through virus fears.

Perth say they are good to play out the series.

League award Perth the flag, and Sydney squeal like a trapped fox 'but we finished on top'

steel yourselves for this inglorious end.

especially given Grand Poo Ba McGuire is on the AFL war cabinet for some fun reason.
Not a basketball fan at all but that big Booger? Bogan? Bogarse whatever his name, is seriously giving me the *smile*. Been a mealy mouthed non stop bleating public moaner for years. Wish he'd just STF up.

• Haha

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
It’s not as contagious as a flu - it is more resilient (stays active for 3? Days on a hard surface ) - our bodies have 0 tolerance as it is new so can be hard for our immune systems to fight

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Unless the person sprays on you with a sneeze or cough, no.

Still too many grey areas on how this thing spreads.

Or they cough in their hand and touch the fence and you touch the fence and then touch your face

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Or they cough in their hand and touch the fence and you touch the fence and then touch your face
Any person should be mature enough not to do that. The govt can advise with social distancing outdoors, but we don't really know what happens indoors (with no invasion of privacy) or even in someone's backyard (unless a nosy neighbour reports it)? We can't control every single person on this earth.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Any person should be mature enough not to do that. The govt can advise with social distancing outdoors, but we don't really know what happens indoors (with no invasion of privacy) or even in someone's backyard (unless a nosy neighbour reports it)? We can't control every single person on this earth.

Most of these types of actions are completely unconscious. Nothing to do with "maturity.