Tiger Fleming crushed by lost Brownlow chance (TheBladder) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiger Fleming crushed by lost Brownlow chance (TheBladder)

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
AFL
Tiger Fleming crushed by lost Brownlow chance
by STAFF REPORTERS

Richmond utility Tim Fleming has admitted to being totally crushed by his suspension at the AFL Tribunal this week, ending his hopes of Brownlow glory.

"I was unhappy with the entire episode," Fleming told The Bladder. "I certainly didn't mean to hurt Nick Riewolt, the collision came during a demoralizing loss, and of course the suspension means I'm ineligible for footy's greatest individual honour, this year at least.

"I know one little Tiger who won't be 'taking Chas home'," he added forlornly.

Fleming has played most games this year for the Tigers after making his debut in the early rounds. He has played mostly across half back or in the midfield, roaming aimlessly between contests under a cunning lack of instruction by coach Danny Frawley.

He was rubbed out for three weeks for the clash with young Saint star Riewolt, who was forced to leave the field. Luckily for Riewolt, he was only playing against Richmond, so was able to return, semi-conscious, in the last quarter to boot three goals.

Meanwhile, Fleming is suddenly wondering what to do with the Monday of Grand Final week. "I have to admit I had assumed I'd be donning the black tie and heading into the Brownlow presentation, speech in my pocket and hope in my heart," he told The Bladder. "Now? Well, I dunno. Maybe a pizza and a video?"

Asked if Fleming's suspension had had a significant impact on Brownlow odds, leading bookmakers replied: "Um, no."

Roar34

I wuv the Tiggers
Aug 10, 2003
Castlemaine
Hi rosy3, very apt this posting of yours as I have just spent the last hour roaming the Saints' website (courtesy of another of your postings). It was interesting to see their general opinion of RFC with various quotes involving words like "toothless" & statements that we don't seem able to handle the big occasions.
I wanted to see their reaction to the Fleming "affair" & found a topic headed :

"What do you think of Tim "Mr Thug" Fleming who knocked Nick Reiwoldt out last night?"

Dog ----------------------- 35%
Scumbag ----------------- 38%
Wanker ------------------ 11%
Bag of Monkey Crap --- 14%

The above was the official line whereas some of the supporters' opinions were more succinct!

The other thing that intrigued me was the many mentions of Gehrig "terrifying" Richo when they went chest to chest. Can anyone enlighten me on what took place? Please.....pretty please.

M

Merv18

Hey Roar34, although I was at the game last Saturday (and I tend to keep a pretty close eye on Richo), I can't remember any incident where he and Gehrig (The Mullett) were chesting each other. And if they were, I'd suggest any terror would be on the part of Gehrig.

Having watched Richo closely since he debuted as a skinny wingman 10 years ago, and the way he continues to throw his body into contests (despite his many injuries - including broken cheekbones etc)), I don't reckon he knows the meaning of the word fear.

But as I said, I didn't see the so called incident the Saints are referring to.

Roar34

I wuv the Tiggers
Aug 10, 2003
Castlemaine
Thanks Merv, As I said the Saints supporters were really having a ball about Gehrig terrifying Richo & there was also mentions about Gehrig putting McGrath down...not once but twice! Strange crowd those Saints, I once lived within walking distance of their old Moorabbin ground (about 5 mins away) & it was quite common for them to park in or across people's driveway...and that was only the female supporters!!!!
After a game, they would often rampage through peoples' gardens and wreck front fences, etc...and that was when they won! Imagine the chaos when they lost.
Bunch of ferals!