Tiger legend quit radio Show | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiger legend quit radio Show

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
Just heard Poor Rex doin an emotional speech on his fishing show that after 1 week short of his 22 years he has decided to pull the plug on the 3AW Fishing show (now finishing week footy starts)& basically had a massive swipe at everyone from the Govt to the people in the industry without naming people (except all the Govt figs). Also had a swipe at a marine & some ape he claims that patrols the waters there who is on a mission from hell. I wasn't able to here much more as I had to get out of the car, but am am pretty sure he will do this year's footy season. Will here more soon.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
If Rexies getting out of his fishing programs it sounds like he's been politicalled to death. He has said plenty of times that he would take his fishing over footy any day.

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
2 years ago, Rexie sold out on Fishermen.

anyway, his show sucked big time.

Only if they could get rid of him from all media full stop.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
The fishing industry seems to be pulling in 1000 different directions. There seems to be alot of self interest groups out there who want it their way. I don't fish myself except for the odd camping trip so I'd lean towards the conservation type approach with allowances for recreational anglers etc.
Anyway regarding the footy component of this, isn't his hosting of the 7 sunday footy program in doubt also??
Maybe now FINALLY 3AW will have a sports program on Friday afternoons. ;D

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
nwonash said:
2 years ago, Rexie sold out on Fishermen.

What's the story there nwo?

I only heard the fishing show on radio once and found it boring, but my boys have grown up with Rex's fishing shows on telly and loved them. In fact one is now doing his honours in aquaculture/marine biology at the moment.

I guess those shows are only of real interest to people who like fishing but I know a couple of other kids who took up fishing because of Rex and that's gotta be better than them hanging around the streets or inside watching telly like they were before they discovered the fun to be had in the great outdoors.

Stick to your fishing shows Rexy, I like them a lot better than your footy calling. ;D

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Prior to SEN it really p!ssed me off that fishing show. So boring, can't believe it rated - missed 3AW sports show. Now that SEN's around it it's actually quite ironic as it existence doesn't now really bother me, just listen to SEN instead.