Tiger supporters are everywhere ! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiger supporters are everywhere !

richards42

making the crowd roar
Sep 15, 2005
Gold Coast
I live on the Gold Coast and have just gotten off a cruise ship that went to Airlie Beach and back. While walking around Airlie Beach and wearing a tiger t-shirt I got a few "go the tigers" calls, with one bloke bursting into "oh we're from tiger land , the fighting fury, I gave him the thumbs up and sang along a bit.
I just went to the supermarket in Pacific Pines my local suburb on the Goldy wearing another Richmond t-shirt and got accosted by another mad Richmond supporter. 15 mins later after discussing all things Richmond.
I normally work fifo around Australia and normally wear a Richmond shirt in my travels. Most trips someone will yell "go tigers " on the way past.
Tiger supporters are everywhere!

• Love
Reactions: 19 users
I'll be taking a Richmond guernsey to Hawaii next year. Will be watching 2 x Tiger games at a sports bar there in July.

Reactions: 8 users
I was in holiday in Venice years ago, and just randomly got into a conversation with another guest at the hotel from Australia, and he was a Richmond supporter!

Reactions: 6 users
I was in holiday in Venice years ago, and just randomly got into a conversation with another guest at the hotel from Australia, and he was a Richmond supporter!

Surely wasn’t July 2017 was it Carn?

Because the exact same thing happened to me in 2017, in Venice.

It was right after that horror loss we had to the Saints. I had just started thinking we might be a flag chance after that great win at Port, and then we had our nightmare first half against St Kilda.

Sitting in a hotel lobby, struck up a conversation with a fellow Aussie, and he was a Tigers man. Unreal!

That European holiday with the family was supposed to be the trip of a lifetime. But as good as it was, I got to go one better when the son and I flew to Melbourne for the GF a few months later.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Funny how you get different reactions depending on footy team.
Seen a guy get into a fight with another just because he was wearing a pies shirt.
Unsure who started in but pies fan ended up on his arse.

Reactions: 1 users

It was right after that horror loss we had to the Saints. I had just started thinking we might be a flag chance after that great win at Port, and then we had our nightmare first half against St Kilda.

Sitting in a hotel lobby, struck up a conversation with a fellow Aussie, and he was a Tigers man. Unreal!

That European holiday with the family was supposed to be the trip of a lifetime. But as good as it was, I got to go one better when the son and I flew to Melbourne for the GF a few months later.
Hurry up Carn...I need to know now was it you ???

It's like a love story we need the answers too.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

No, Streak, it was 2013. I think the bloke may have actually been from WA.

• Sad
It's a strange world, i wear my Richmond merchandise when I go to Swan St Coles and I get 'are you happy with Yze?' 'What do u reckon, will Lynch will play again?"

Reactions: 1 user
I’ve got Tiger number plates and it's always good seeing another Tiger car either with plates too or membership stickers.

It can be when passing or approaching or while stopped at the lights or whatever - but there's an immediate bonding whether lights or thumbs-up or whatever.

Classic Richmond connection

Reactions: 2 users
I'll be taking a Richmond guernsey to Hawaii next year. Will be watching 2 x Tiger games at a sports bar there in July.
I’m looking at going to Europe for a few months late next year. Looking at taking a Richmond jumper with me. Don’t normally take selfies but planning on taking a few at landmarks with it on. Look out St. Peter’s :ROFLMAO:

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Going how from work yesterday near Tallebudgera on the Gold Coast and the car in front had their 2024 member sticker on the back.

• Love
I've been living OS for 27 years (Japan and US) and travel regularly through Asia and Europe for work. I wear tiger gear as often as I can. I get the old "Go You Tiger" every now and then! Gives me a warm and fuzzy! The tiger Army is truly EVERYWHERE.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Been living in Denmark since 1991 and have run into Richmond fans in Auschwitz and in London.
But my favourite story is from my son, who is culturally Danish and although he knows my situation, he does not really follow the footy at all. He was Eurailing alone and on a bus tour to Krka Waterfall in Croatia. Sitting next to a girl from Canada who asked him what sports he is interested in. He's not into any sport, not even Danish ones, so the only thing he could think of to say was that his Australian father was a mad supporter of RIchmond in the AFL. Sure enough, two rows in front were a couple of Tiger fans who gave him a "Go Tiges"!

Reactions: 7 users
Been living in Denmark since 1991 and have run into Richmond fans in Auschwitz and in London.
But my favourite story is from my son, who is culturally Danish and although he knows my situation, he does not really follow the footy at all. He was Eurailing alone and on a bus tour to Krka Waterfall in Croatia. Sitting next to a girl from Canada who asked him what sports he is interested in. He's not into any sport, not even Danish ones, so the only thing he could think of to say was that his Australian father was a mad supporter of RIchmond in the AFL. Sure enough, two rows in front were a couple of Tiger fans who gave him a "Go Tiges"!
Aaawh. I thought you were going to tell us she was a secret mad Canadian Tigers fan and so ... he got really lucky! And thanks to Dad. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
We Tigers supporters can be found in the unlikeliest places, I have bumped into Tigers supporters around the UK, in Dubai, all round Europe, Singapore and even Beijing over the years. You Aussies like to travel! It is always good to have a chat about the good times and even commiserate on the bad times. We are family!

We Tigers supporters can be found in the unlikeliest places, I have bumped into Tigers supporters around the UK, in Dubai, all round Europe, Singapore and even Beijing over the years. You Aussies like to travel! It is always good to have a chat about the good times and even commiserate on the bad times. We are family!
I think we are a close knit family because of the hard times we went thru and the *smile* we all copped as Richmond supporters. The 17-20 period made everything worth it, the kids and nephews and nieces we made follow the tiger was vindicated.

I was in Venice earlier this year and spotted a bloke in Richmond gear, said go Tiges but in the crowd he mustn't have heard me.

Venice seems to be full of Richmond supporters, we must be a cultured bunch.

DS

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users