Tigers board put to test | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tigers board put to test

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
TigerFurious said:
I think all PREnders should excercise their voting rights and give Tony Jewell the big flick. He's been their too long and overseen to much mediocrity and underperforming to be given another term.

Spot on TF !

I can’t understand how this maniacal freak has not come under the microscope for his long-standing involvement in the failure of RFC over the last 20 years.

He is an outdated, dictatorial fool who’s rantings at board and selection committee meetings are legendary.

As a board member, a selection committee member, and a director of football, he has to be held accountable for the deplorable playing lists and coaches that we’ve had throughout his time.

I’ve said for years that one of RFC’s greatest failings is its lack of astute and contemporary football representatives on its board.

Therefore, I urge all PRE-minents to NOT vote for this 80’s buffoon in the upcoming elections.

Dump Colonel Sanders !

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
Here here Diggler the last thing they need on the board is more riff raff. Its time they got someone on the board who can address the presidents lunch problems IE more servants and more pre 95 reds. This club need to get their priotitys right and start looking after those that pay the most and cut loose the hangers ons.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Here here Laffs. The club should recognize that the members who are putting in a couple of grand each are the ones that count.
How about doing away with the silly red seats, plus the stupid bloody waste of space standing room areas and converting them all to corporate boxes.
If the rank and file want to see a game, they can all become waiters!

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Bulluss said:
Reported in todays Herald-Sun, David Clayton is standing for a spot on the board in the upcoming elections. He has stated that he doesnt want to try and make a hero of himself just try and put some of the views of the members across.

Some of the long term development he would like to see is:

Restoring the post season Punt Road family day

Boosting junior memberships through school visits and providing passes to students for games

Cultivating untapped markets such as new arrivals to Melbourne.

Working to boost Country and Interstate membership five fold over five years

Free Level 1 Telstra seats to members aged over 55

Expanding the historical societys resources and promoting its role

Consider pay rises for trainers, masseurs and property staff.

Consider providing food and drink discounts to members.

Is this what the supporters have been asking for? If may be!! The thing that i would be unsure on is how many people would actually vote for David?

With policies like these we might as well have the wiggles on our board.........how about the real issues such as finding a competent coach, setting a rebuilding program aimed at steering the club in the right direction etc.

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
I reckon Greg Wiggle would be great for the board - he wears black and yellow for starters.

I can see it now - what do we do about the coach Greg?

"Oooh, hot potato, hot potato!"

And what should the players eat before matches Greg?

"Cold spaghetti, cold spaghetti."

And after matches?

"Fruit salad, yummy yummy, fruit salad, yummy yummy."

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
But seriously folks, the platform stated here by David Clayton is not one for election to the board, it's more for election to a Membership Forum or sub-committee.

I mean, would anyone seriously vote someone onto the board on a platform of restoring the family day and considering pay rises for support staff? All good and worthy issues, but hardly something that would inspire me to instill a board member. I think our thinking needs to be a touch more expansive if we're to match it with the likes of Collingwood and the interstate clubs, on and off the field. But good on him for trying, more than I can say or do, that's for sure.

By the way, laff, I'm shocked that you would consider drinking any post-1988 red. You're the kind of wine-snob riff-raff that needs to be thrown out of any Tiger coterie. ;D

P

PuntRoadRoar

here here laff!

here here diggler!

here here harry!

just thought id join in ;D

here here everyone

we dont need the wiggles when we have our very own the 3 stooges ;D

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
Hafey & Rex to go in if possible.

I might start a campaign to remove Col Sanders Jewell. We have to vote this guy out. No hard feelings but we need a change. He has served the club well and taken on alot on to help the club, but we now need a fresh view. He has spent countless unpaid hours there...

There was someone on this site that knows Hafey, ask him to stand for the board. He will win hands down. The first sign to the board of how much un-tapped support this guy has... MEMBERSHIPS!! MEMBERSHIPS!!! MEMBERSHIPS!!!

Remember the saying "Build it & they will come"

Well I say ........ " Vote Hafey & they will come"

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

PS Have been quite lately but got a spurt of wind tonight!