Tigers lacked spark: Frawley | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tigers lacked spark: Frawley

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Tigers lacked spark: Frawley
12:10:54 AM Sun 10 August, 2003
Jordan Chong
afl.com.au
Related Content:

Listen to Danny Frawley

Richmond ‘didn’t fire a shot’ during its 80-point thrashing at the hands of St. Kilda at Telstra Dome on Saturday night, according to coach Danny Frawley.

The Tigers were jumped at the start, outscored five goals to one in the opening term to trail by 27 points at the first break.

It was a position from which they never recovered, the Saints riding the wave of emotion surrounding Nathan Burke’s farewell game to inflict on Richmond its worst loss of the year.

On Friday, Frawley described the match as an ‘exciting opportunity’ win a game of football.

But after the match, he was left lamenting the lack of spark from the team.

“We didn’t fire a shot basically. There was no spark,” a disappointed Frawley said.

“The last couple of weeks have been pretty promising but again it’s just a perfect example of not turning up to play the way we wanted to.”

“We got beaten in all areas I would have thought. We let ourselves down.”

Richmond has lost its last five first-quarters. The most recent occasion it has gone into the first break ahead was the round 13 match against Brisbane, where it held a one-point advantage.

“Sides really set up their wins by starting well, and we haven’t started too well of the last probably four or five weeks, so we’ve just got to have a look at that and the reasons why and start a bit better.”

“We knew it was going to be a willing game, for obvious reasons.”

After a couple of good weeks that saw the side beat the Western Bulldogs and run Fremantle very close at Subiaco Oval, he described Saturday night’s performance as a ‘real step backwards’.

“The only positive I can see out of the game was thank god it’s not round 22. To finish on that note…”

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Spud reckons that the only positive for the night is thats it's not round 22.
I wish it was.
I'm looking forward to cricket season already.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
“We didn’t fire a shot basically. There was no spark,” a disappointed Frawley said.

“it’s just a perfect example of not turning up to play the way we wanted to.”

“Sides really set up their wins by starting well, and we haven’t started too well of the last probably four or five weeks, so we’ve just got to have a look at that and the reasons why and start a bit better.”

Danny, maybe if you didn't tell them before the game to "grind out 4 quarters" the players might find a spark instead of being negative ::) .

FoX

Tiger Cub
Jul 27, 2003
mightytiges said:
“it’s just a perfect example of not turning up to play the way we wanted to.”

Danny, maybe if you didn't tell them before the game to "grind out 4 quarters" the players might find a spark instead of being negative ::) .
Spot on MT ! another rediculous frawleyism too in relation to the grinding comment then this line about playing the way they did. Lost the match before strapping their boots on.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
This sort of rhetoric is now bordering on the rediculous for God Sake.

Take a leaf out of Dean LAIDLEYS book if you want the respect of those that matter most.

Just another example of our willingness to tolerate failure. I was going to say mediocracy, but that went beyond Mediocre by a country mile

zacs56

Watch out, the Tigers are coming to get you!
Mar 31, 2003
Oh Oh dannydud where have you been since round seven oh sorry lost in the dirt i forgot.It is your job to fire this bunch of hacks and give them fire(spark).ah na but we learnt a lot from last night.I think we will play better for the effort maybe at the end of the after season p!ssup.