Tim Fleming | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tim Fleming

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
As president of Tim, it might be wrong of me to say this, but i dont think he is the answer to our problems.

I think his skills are average at best, he's not overly quick, and basically all he can do it knock people down.

Had Campbell and Houlihan not been injured, I feel he may have struggled to keep his place for this weeks game.

What are other people's thoughts?

While i agree in some parts to wat you've said DF you've got to remeber hes only played 4 games and he's still trying to find his place amongst the team.

As for his speed he's not the only one lacking it down at the club i could mention names but i wont.

he may not be the answer to our problems but you've gotta give the guy a go

Greg Williams was slow, had poor foot skills, knocked plenty of other blokes over and took time to establish himself. If Tim '007' Fleming turns out to be half the player Diesel was we're on a winner. Either way we really need a couple of hard nuts in the team.

Crikey!!!

3 weeks ago Fleming was 'The Man' and now after a couple of average games even his own president is turning on him.

IMHO he's is just one in a long line of recruiting blunders our club has become famous for. I dream of the day our football department finally gets some direction and sets about rebuilding our very mediocre list with quality young talent not 25yo 'one trick ponies' who's only claim to fame are questionable shepards 4.99999999999999999 meters off the ball.

Totally agree.

I was one of those saying that he should be givem a go at the beginning of the year - to see what he has to offer.

Its becoming clear that he hasn't quite got it. However seeing that he is on our list, its best to find that out early on then to persist with him for years to come.

I too couldn't see what all the fuss about him was a few weeks go either. He did play well in the reserves and deserved an opportunity. However, he is only a stop-gap player, that has nothing special to offer. Remember, he couldn't get a game at Carlton and I wonder if he'd get a game at any other club in the league.

His kicking is average, and his disposal option is even worse.

Now that I have paid out on him, I hope he gets 35 touches this weekend and kicks5 goals, personally emails me and tells me to go jump. ;D

Like people have said about Rogers its up to whoever we have left to take the spots of these guys!
Personally I welcome the hardness that he and a few others have displayed this year. Having said that a combination of skill and hardness surely isn't too much to ask.
To be fair Carlton couldn't play Fleming last year because he was a sup listed player. I say let him keep making players have second thoughts about going near the ball until someone earns the right to take his spot, or he becomes a liability to the team.And at the end of the year look at drafting a kid with his hardness qualities but with pace and skills..... they aren't always found in the first 3 rounds of the draft

Though he's pretty one dimensional I do think he puts some good pressure on the opposition and does make some players think twice about putting their heads over the ball. This is more so impressive given his miniature frame. If he had a solid year in the gym I think he could be of some real value. He also has some underrated leg speed, though his disposal is pretty shithouse.

He's clearly a fringe player but that doesn't mean he's useless. If Collingwood can have headless chook Jarrod Molloy on their list then i can't see why we shouldn't have Tim Fleming.