Tim Livingstone - General Manager Football Performance | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tim Livingstone - General Manager Football Performance

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Tim Livingstone is the boss of football performance at RFC. He and Blair are all that remain at the top of what was recently the greatest football academy in all the lands.

Blair acquires and retains the talent. Livingstone develops football talent into performance.

RFC's fate over the next three years is very much in Blair's hands. But we still have to develop players. And perform strategically and tactically in season. We can't forget how to coach.

The loss of Hardwick was embiggened by the loss of McQualter and Xavier Clarke, and the earlier loss of Adam Kingsley. And earlier again of McRae, and Leppitsch.

Supporters must needs be worried about the recent brain drain. About what remains of the brains. Rutten, Morris and Lambert look like pillars atm.

RFC has identified and attracted new coaching talent for Season 2024. Yze, Newman and Ziebell. Livingstone must have been involved in the talent identification and assessment of prospective new coaches. And is certainly involved in training them. And on coaching in general. This is his wheelhouse.

Yze surely had a big say in who we recruited as assistants. But coaching the coaches is up to Livingstone. We have to Richmondise them.

We will get evidence of the performance in coaching in the coming rounds and onwards. The success of that performance in some measure, maybe a great measure, can be attributed to Livingstone.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Developing young talent is not easy, and we were good at it for a while. We need to get that ability back, it is one of the hallmarks of great clubs.

Just hope they can find the right people to do this. As Dimma often said, all the players in the draft can play, the difference is whether you can turn them into AFL players.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
As Dimma often said, all the players in the draft can play, the difference is whether you can turn them into AFL players.

And it is very true. Prior to about 2013, RFC was renowned as a place where promising young careers came to die. You can't tell me that over those years, we found the perfect antithesis to recruiting talent by grabbing absolute spuds with high picks. I am convinced that many of those kids would have become players at other clubs.

We are a club that definitely demonstrates the critical mass theory behind successful playing lists. For so long we just did not have enough quality players or off-field people to consistently develop the young players coming through. We got close in the couple of years leading in to 1995. When we finally got it right, we won 3 flags.

But I really think that the compromised drafts leading in to 2017 were a massive advantage to us, because we had the core of a really strong team in place. The other clubs just could not find the sufficient talent to get to our level. We really should have won 4 flags in a row, but I don't want to be greedy.

Reactions: 2 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Is this bloke having to much say in team selection regarding our senior players ?. Apparently in charge of player development to and as a whole football performance. What I will say he was in no man's land prior to Balme coming and sorting out the footy department no doubt about that. I'm not sure his as good as people make him to be. His got the conditioning and medical side of it last 2 seasons completely wrong to begin with poor appointment.

Reactions: 2 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Is this bloke having to much say in team selection regarding our senior players ?. Apparently in charge of player development to. football performance. What I will say is say he was in no man's land prior to Balme coming and sorting out the footy department. I'm not sure his as good as people make him to be. His got the conditioning and medical side of it last 2 seasons completely wrong to begin with poor appointment.
Sure appears like it Our last :cupgoldwas 4 years ago and we’re still living on past glory
3 coaches on and were still seeing players gifted games and VFL form ignored

Reactions: 1 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
The culture seems ok. For now. The academy can't make duds into geniuses but we are improving players. Hm!