Time for "backstop" Miller to stand up. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Time for "backstop" Miller to stand up.

sgloury

Tiger Superstar
Aug 9, 2003
Melbourne
Give Miller a chance.

He's been at the club less than a year and people are calling for his head on a plate.

Greg Miller was an instrumental part of the North Melbourne success story of the mid 90's. He helped create a side that was so respected for their toughness and their honesty. The Kangaroos recruiting over the last 10 years has been very good and Miller played a role in that.

Give him a chance. He is one of very few people in the club at the present time who has been part of a successful team. He deserves every chance to turn our club around and to bring to Richmond what he was part of at the Kangaroos - some long term sustained success - something that all of us on this site want.

I think the fact that he is outspoken and doesn't care who he pisses off is a good thing for this football club. We need someone who can make some tough decisions. Give him the chance and the opportunity to do it.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Young Tiger said:
Greg Miller was an instrumental part of the North Melbourne success story of the mid 90's. He helped create a side that was so respected for their toughness and their honesty. The Kangaroos recruiting over the last 10 years has been very good and Miller played a role in that.

Give him a chance. He is one of very few people in the club at the present time who has been part of a successful team. He deserves every chance to turn our club around and to bring to Richmond what he was part of at the Kangaroos - some long term sustained success - something that all of us on this site want.

I think the fact that he is outspoken and doesn't care who he p!sses off is a good thing for this football club. We need someone who can make some tough decisions. Give him the chance and the opportunity to do it.

YT you are a breath of Fresh air.

You are spot on and I don't remember anyone complaining to much about the late GR when he called it as he saw it. In fact most admired him for it.

Believe me he pissed more than his fair share of people off, but at the end of the day he got the job done, and the Tigers were one of the most feared outfits in the comptetition.

He may or may not live up to his promises, but lets at least give him the chance as you rightly said.

With this attitude is it any wonder we can't attract quality football people to Tigerland

Fighting Fury

Tiger Army
Jul 17, 2003
Got to give Miller a chance.

Seems like he is a hard man, straight out of the GR mould...and what our Club needs. He knows football inside out, has had success in the past, and the fact that he walked straight in and gagged Frawley, at least indicated to me that he was going to make a few changes for the good of the Club.

Yes he shot from the hip over that memo incident. But I imagine his fury that the leak happened, and the fact that it's broadcast was facilitated by Hookes who was being helped by our Club was what caused him to jump to the conclusion he did.

Let's give him a go. The Tigers of the 70s apologised for nothing.

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
lets put some faith in him but not blind faith if he does what needs to be done in the of season (and that means bye bye beck & spud & cleans out the list ) i will support him for 12mths but if he cant do the obvious hes obviously not the man for the job

Maskedman

Tiger Cub
Jul 21, 2003
Melbourne
I'll second or third or whatever the call giving the guy time.

Remeber he only started at the club last November, so effectively this will be his first trade and draft period at Richmond.

Lets hope he has a successful one.