Today's tactics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Today's tactics

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Just watched Spud interviewed on channel 9. He said we won't play the posession game we did last week, we'll kick it long and direct. (Why didn't we do that last week if it's our game plan. ::) )

It's very windy at the G, so maybe a tall will start on the bench.

The players are going to get in and get their hands dirty today.

They are going to get back some respect.

There's plenty of light at the end of the tunnel.

Here's hoping it's the day the cliches come true. ;D

Go Tiges. :)

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Wellman and Jason Johnson out. I can think of one Tiger who'll be breathing a sigh of relief, ha. ;D

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
We're at it again already.

Kicking backwards, handballing backwards, running out of the back line only to stop and handball backwards.

Bowden comes out of defence stops, kicks it backwards turns it over - Bingo Essendon Goal.

Fiora runs out of the backline 3 bounces takes em on then stop and handballs backwards.

Sam NEWMAN said our style of play is exactly where we are on the ladder. Just wish he would tell someone at the club. Seems they are the only one oblivious too it.

Yet another goal to Essendon due to us mucking around with the ball and turning it over.

God why didn't we get Cupido.

Despite all the rhetoric it appears that nothing has changed. Even Ben HAYNES is doing well against us.

It's on TV here tonight so it looks like I will have something to look forward tonight.

Gees wouldn't Richo love the delivery that Lloyd is getting at the moment. They have said that there is nothing more Zantuck can do on Lloyd with the delivery he is getting. Has 3 already.

Yet again we've had as much of the ball yet trail 24 points

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Inside the forward 50 to half time. Essendon 33 to Richmond 22.

Yet the clearances are 19-18 in favour of Essendon.

MMM are saying that the very few times we have got the ball in long we have looked okay, but the rest of the time like a rabble overusing the ball.

Seems the great leader of men still can't get them to follow the supposed game plan hey.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
gustiger12 said:
Gees wouldn't Richo love the delivery that Lloyd is getting at the moment. They have said that there is nothing more Zantuck can do on Lloyd with the delivery he is getting. Has 3 already.

On 3LO they are saying two differences. One is Essendon have a far more even spread of contributors, the second and third tier players.

Another difference they see is Essendon forwards know exactly where to lead to, and the midfield know where they will be.

Richmond players lead anywhere and the midfielders delivering in look up and there is noone in the correct position to kick to.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
That about sums it up Rosy. Essendon are well drilled in their game plan.

We allegedly have one but no-one has seen it yet.

Its starting to get ugly again now.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Anyone know what the story is with STAFFORD. Appears to have been very quiet again today.

They have commented that PETTIFER has had a shocker, surprise surprise.

Hymie

I'm a llama!
Aug 12, 2003
Is Zantuck injured or just off the ground after being beaten by lloyd in the first half??

Seeing as he has easily been our best mid sized defender for two years i would have thought there werre a number of players he could have played on once he was taken of lloyd..Looks like another brilliant coaching move.

p.s If he is injured apologies to spud...

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Yet again we 5 more possessions than the bombers according to MMM.

We also won the hitout and clearances so does anyone else think this suggest we have a problem with our game plan.
Maybe we should email the stats to the club just to make sure they are getting their figures correct.

Also mentioned that this week we OTTENs, HOLLAND, RICHO, KELLAWAY and BLUMMFIELD in this match as opposed to when we played them earlier in the year, yet we have gone backwards.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
A caller just rang MMM and asked why Richmond play so negative.

MMM commentary, particularly Sam NEWMAN, stated that we take the ball out of the back line, get to the centre and then go "haywire" running it sideway, handball backwards, kick it out wide etc. They mentioned that the forwards are leading okay, but time the time the ball does get delivered the forwards are all out of positions.

Sam NEWMAN said "If Danny FRAWLEY is instructing them to play that way then he should not be coaching"

Never a truers statement Sammy.

Jason DUNSTALL said we have a good core list to build a team, but we lose a couple of players and we fall apart.

There were some good questions on MMM and basically they all agreed that we need to look at our game plan.

They said we insist on playing a high possession game plan, which requires a high level of skill, which we obviously don't have.

All said that someone has to take responsibility for our current game plan or the lack of our ability to play to the game plan.

Generally the MMM Commentary team were a bit bewildered as to why we play the way we are.

All seemed to agree that if we are playing to instructions then the person giving those instructions should not be coaching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GoldCoastTiger

Where do we go from here?
Aug 15, 2003
Gold Coast
Have to wait till 6.30 here to watch it on FFC, but by the sounds of it, nothing has changed..
Going by the stats and up to minute score on AFL.com looked like we started well, then i noticed most of the possesion winners were backmen :(
I still dont understand how they could have such a great start to the season then fall away like we have.. it just doesnt make sense.. is our 'lack' of game plan to blame.. why was it winning matches earlier in the year?
Is our game so easy to read and nullify by the other 15 coaches?
Or is Wayne brittain intent on trying to deliver two shocking seasons to 2 different clubs within 12 months??
So many questions, but no answers... only answwer is to respond.. respond they did, and got whipped again!
No excuses.. i cant even be bothered listening to or reading anything coming out of Punt Road for the rest of the year unless its to do with player trades..
Not sure getting rid ofr Frawley this year would help.. who do u want Terry Wallace?? lmao
but no point in slashing/altering the list if he's only there for one more year.
Sometimes i wish i had different color blood than the black and yellow i suffer from....
Maybe this thing they call Richmond is a disease, a Sickness even....
Would make more sense sometimes. :'(

Hymie

I'm a llama!
Aug 12, 2003
GoldCoastTiger said:
Or is Wayne brittain intent on trying to deliver two shocking seasons to 2 different clubs within 12 months??

Bingo , however much to blame frawley is one wonders about Brittain. Ask any carlton supporter about their game plan last year and it will bear an uncanny resemblance to what we are seeing now.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Hymie said:
Bingo , however much to blame frawley is one wonders about Brittain. Ask any carlton supporter about their game plan last year and it will bear an uncanny resemblance to what we are seeing now.

If the Assistant Coach is implementing the game plan then as they said on MMM both him and Frawley should not be coaching.

GoldCoastTiger

Aug 15, 2003
Gold Coast
i was flabbergasted last year when i heard about Brittain's apointment.. here was the man who took Carlton to there worst ever season (over salary cap too..lmfao..still :p) .
Why the Tigers got him will always be a bit of a conundrum to me.
last year carlton played terribly under brittain.. this year theyve improved.. funny that..
cant see Brittain being there next year, and i think if we dont win another game this season Frawleys gone too.. I like him as a person, but hs background as a player and coach were with losers... he's never experienced what it really takes to win.. sorry Danny/..
Afterall he is on a performance based contract was he not?
Maybe we will see him selling papers on Punt Rd over summer, as surely he hasnt been paid for the last 2 months.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
GoldCoastTiger said:
cant see Brittain being there next year, and i think if we dont win another game this season Frawleys gone too.. I like him as a person, but hs background as a player and coach were with losers... he's never experienced what it really takes to win.. sorry Danny/..
Afterall he is on a performance based contract was he not?

On MMM today (yeah repaying their plug Rosy) they said that their are only 4 coaches in the last 50 (?) years who have coached a side to a premiership without having played in one.

Adds to weight to the argument that has bandied around here a fair bit.

GoldCoastTiger

Aug 15, 2003
Gold Coast
thats very interesting Gus.. Success breeds success i guess you could say. Maybe makes me a little warmer to the idea of terry wallace.. He did take footscray to a cpl of prelims.. a side that wasnt exactley stacked with talent.. but had courage, grit, and determination...
definitley warming to Terry Wallace

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
That is the reason I personally like the idea of WALLACE. He did well with an average team consistently with a club that has struggled financially.

On top of that he had built a reasonable list of youngsters before deciding the financial restraints offered no avenues to sustained success.

GoldCoastTiger

Aug 15, 2003
Gold Coast
yeah, im liking the idea more and more.. I think Richmond would get him if they wanted too.. there probably wont be any other positions.. possibly hawks or Dees though..
Im sure richmond would get him if they went after him, and maybe they should be looking up his number as we speak!