Tonights Game | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tonights Game

S

Skyfire

Damn , so close yet so far....

Maybe next week we can kick 10 goals...

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
MMM are calling our effort tonight disgraceful.

What is interesting if you look at our stats Cogs is our only midfielder with high stats. The rest are KELLAWAY, CHAFFS, NEWMAN and TIVENDALE. I don't know what role Chrissy NEWMAN played, but Tivers would fall into midfield bracket, but the others are generally our defenders or run with players.

You look at Collingwood and it was BUCKLEY, LICURIA, BURNS, HOLLAND, MALLOY and ROCCA who were all in the 20+ possession bracket.

Apparently MMM were saying FRAWLEY did not even acknowledge the players walking of the ground and just walked up the race.

MMM said the Western Bulldogs will flog us next week which I think will be a sad reality.

MMM have just said that this is about the end for the Tigers and are tipping that there will be moves afoot in the next few weeks. Brian TAYLOR reckons there will be serious changes at Tigerland. Back pedalled a bit when questioned but..............

6 marks inside the forward 50 for the entire night???????

A stroke of genius bringing back King

Stats

C.King 2 5 7 2 0 0 0 0 0 0

One guy just rang in and said he threw his membership off the Westgate on the way home.......

"Gutless, Brainless, skillless and Finaless" was the quote of one caller

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
3Lo is the only station I can get Gus, but I can't give you their report so far....It's all Collingwood, Collingwood, Collingwood.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
MMM have just said that they have had to post extra security outside the Richmond Rooms to keep angry supporters out.

There reporter had trouble getting into the rooms because of the angry crowd outside to rooms

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
They've said on the telly a couple of times that Tim's reported, but the AFL site says no reports.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Buckley said there game plan revolves around destroying the opposition game plan.

Also had a rap for FLEMMING and said he was one of the few who maintained the rage when the other went missing

Spuds Press conference coming up.

"Collingwood made up pay for our mistakes"

"Our average age in the midfield was 20 and yeah nah I thought they held there own against some big bodies"

"where all this in a group, look we just gotta stick together and get playing some free flowing football"

Not much has changed. MMM asked was there anyone at the press conference that actually watched the game.

Now there taken the %&*$ out of our positive face.

About time

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
3LO just mentioned Danny's very brief press conference. His comments.

We payed for our errors
The effort was there
Cogs, Rodo, Krak? Newman were good.
Something about free flowing, didn't catch that bit.

They said reporters aren't game to ask Danny too much.

Fleming is reported.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Yes the ferals are getting very ugly. Fighting between themselves! Funny to see.
Lets see if Frawley and Miller keep up their simpleton self belief crap for much longer. They will not even get close to the bulldogs and it will become real ugly next week.
Heard Dipper on the radio say that at 3/4 time all the senior players had their heads bowed in defeat, while the younger ones like Rodan, were all positive and patting the others on the back.
As I've said before many a time, our senior players are all losers and the club is better of pssing them all off and starting from scratch. And that includes a new captain to boot!

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Heard FRAWLEYS excuse about our young midfield on the radio and to be perfectly honest I have no problem with that.

My argument is this. Why has it taken the loss of CAMPBELL and JOHNNO before the young guys have been given any reasonable time in the middle. Why weren't they given development time earlier when they could have benefited from the guidance of these experienced midfielders. instead we found ourselves in a situation where we had to rely on an entirely inexperienced midfield because of a lack of foresight.

Cogs was the outstanding midfielder, but we all need to remember that he has palyed 35, sorry now 36, AFL games.

Thought Cogs, Newman, Rodan and co did well given the circumstances, but where was the experience to help them out. Bowden was notable by his absence.

Tivers was okay as was Blumfield but he was clearly lacking match fitness to take on a midfield role for any length of time.

I have no probems getting a flogging when the young guys are being given responsibilty, but it annoys me that we have not used our opportunities to give these guys a chance when we had some more senior players to provide some guidance for them.

The game was over early tonight so why weren't guys like Hyde and Fiora given more time in the middle. I know Fiora had a bit of game time, but why not give him time in the middle where he can use his pace and skill to see what he is capable of. At worst give him time on the wing so he can run forward and create opportunity.

KING was another inspirational move. Would rather have seen McGrath given and run and a bit more responsibility given to the young guys like Dragicevic.

At the end of the day could they have done any worse.

I doubt it, but why wait till the situation is desperate and force them into unfamiliar territory when we have had the opportunity to do it early in the year.

Some of these guys are in their 3rd and 4th seasons, so it is time to step up. unfortunately I think it is unfair to blame the kids for the position they have been forced into.

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
Agree entirely Gus.

They don't even give guys like Hyde a chance. What I did see of Hyde he at least hit the ball and packs hard. They'll probably drop Hyde because he got miniscule ground time and only got a few touches. The same with Dragga. Keep Kingy becasue I don't know the hell why. He's gotta be the worst player in the league, what a joke we are. I hate this at the moment everyone just laughs at us.

Oh, I've ot some inspirational change for the coach, bring in B'scum or Houhlihan and an injured Johnson for Dragga and Hyde. I think McGrath obviously needs another two seasons in the magoo's before we can bring him into the side to keep the bench warm and provide thought provoking conversation with the trainers.

God bloody help us.........

Apparently the Moone Valley FC U14's coach is up for the job next year. Aaahhh he's porbably over qualified.

YeahNah

Attitude + Expectation = Culture
Dec 19, 2002
Upper Yarra Valley
While I agree with the majority of you to a fair extent, I think we tend to get so emotional about footy, that logic is one of the first casualties. For the rest of the season we should make it pretty clear to all that we are no longer out there primarily to win a footy game, that will be a secondary consideration. We should be working out exactly who we want to retain for next year, getting a few systems in place ( almost making the games live practise drills ), and perhaps even bolster up a few that we want to trade to maximise their value.
I don't think anyone still believes the finals are even a remote chance. The coach will likely be retained, so let's concerntrate on the list. Give a bit of game time to Hyde, Dragga etc. Do not play King again. We already know what he's got. I hate it when a player plays one or two good games and saves his bacon. I believe Greg Miller will apply a broom to the extent possible, but we need to use the rest of the season to best advantage.

My prediction: If Richmond beat StKilda again, Frawley will be lured to Moorabin and the Tigers will hire Wallace, If Richmond lose, Frawley will stay put for at least 1 more year.

P

PuntRoadRoar

frawley wont quit, he is an idiot, he will have to be pushed by 24,000 angry RFC members.

lynch the doofus.