Top 50 Draft prospects 2018 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Top 50 Draft prospects 2018

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
There's too many Jacks in the AFL these days. Did we run out of names in the mid to late 90's?

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Harry said:
There's too many Jacks in the AFL these days. Did we run out of names in the mid to late 90's?

Jack Payne
Jack Silvagni
Jack Crisp
Jack Magden
Jack Henry
Jack Bowes
Jack Leslie
Jack Hombsch
Jack Lukosious
Jack Martin
Jack Gunston
Jack Scrimshaw
Jack Viney
Jack Ziebell
Jack Trengove
Jack Watts
Jack Maibaum
Jack Darling
Jack Petrucelle
Jack Redden
Jack Macrae
Jack Trengove

32 Jacks in the AFL, St Kilda leads with 7, Gold Coast with 5, Richmond with 4.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
bullus_hit said:
Jack Payne
Jack Silvagni
Jack Crisp
Jack Magden
Jack Henry
Jack Bowes
Jack Leslie
Jack Hombsch
Jack Lukosious
Jack Martin
Jack Gunston
Jack Scrimshaw
Jack Viney
Jack Ziebell
Jack Trengove
Jack Watts
Jack Maibaum
Jack Darling
Jack Petrucelle
Jack Redden
Jack Macrae
Jack Trengove

32 Jacks in the AFL, St Kilda leads with 7, Gold Coast with 5, Richmond with 4.

Fair play...it's the first thing St Kilda has won in 60 years, they should celebrate their victory :clap

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
bullus_hit said:
Probably right, bottom 2 this year I reckon.

But back to the question, not unfathomable to have all 11 Jacks in a 2 team squad of 44, 25% of players with the same name. Surely a record?
Best we hide this from Ch 7 commentary team as if they figure it out they'll remind us every 20 secs.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
bullus_hit said:
Ah, check.

Anyhow, for the trivia buffs, when Richmond plays St Kilda & all these Jacks go head to head, will this be some sort of record for players having the same name?

Pretty sure the Dees had 22 blokes with the same 1st name playing last year.
The Dees supporters near me kept calling them by their full name.
Number Four played well. As did Number Two. Number Six made A few blues.

Reactions: 1 user

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Brodders17 said:
Pretty sure the Dees had 22 blokes with the same 1st name playing last year.
The Dees supporters near me kept calling them by their full name.
Number Four played well. As did Number Two. Number Six made A few blues.
:rotfl

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Harry said:

Should go back to the good old days of my youth, sides were chock full of Tonys, Davids, Peters, Andrews and Waynes

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
tigersnake said:
Should go back to the good old days of my youth, sides were chock full of Tonys, Davids, Peters, Andrews and Waynes

Robert/Bob and William/Bill were a dime a dozen too.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
So now we're all done I bet there's some guys you are wondering about, here's a brief summation of why certain players didn't make the cut.

James Rowbottom - 16% of his kicks wound up being clangers, that is too high a % for me to even contenplate. His endurance is also below par so he is rookie territory for me.

Sydney Stack - really unfit, unless he tanked at the combine he will struggle big time to cut it in the midfield, I also don't see too many tricks to become a small forward (only 177cm)

Boyd Woodcock - went through his SANFL finals games again & he didn't do anything that illustrated rat cunning, I like my small forwards to be showman to some degree.

Thomas Berry - really good athlete but still a butcher, terrible DE so more a project type.

Oscar Brownless - nothing that made me sit up and take notice, nepotism pick methinks

Tom Sparrow - no left foot & right foot can be shaky, not particularly tall either.

Jason Carter - love his attacking flare but simply doesn't have a defensive side & doesn't get the ball enough.

Here's a list of state league prospects we need to be considering as late/rookie picks

1. Mitch Grigg
2. Jye Bolton
3. Haiden Schloithe
4. Marcus Lentini
5. Nick Hind
6. Michael Gibbons
7. Brett Bewley
8. Shane Nelson
Jason Carter plays down back for Claremont now, very calm and smooth skilled. Had his troubles at Freo but he looks good.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Jason Carter plays down back for Claremont now, very calm and smooth skilled. Had his troubles at Freo but he looks good.
He would be a great rookie pick if he's upped his work rate, never a question about skill set.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Ely Smith delisted, I know there was tons of love here on PRE, hasn't been a happy ending.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
There sure was. I think I was on. What happened to him?
A few injuries in the formative years but ultimately lacked a top gear & couldn't nudge ahead of Encino Mathieson & Lyons who is probably the best example of a successful one paced accumulator. The three step burst was actually an implied trait due to some solid jumping data but wasn't something evident from his junior playing days. I think this as a guide is only somewhat useful, it's probably more apt for players with some physical growth potential, Smith was already a big lump of a lad so any strength and conditioning probably not a game changer.

Reactions: 1 user