Trade Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Thread

Difference would be our development team, led by McRae, would give him every chance of becoming a very good player.

He clearly has talent, but how has that been nurtured at Pt Adelaide? Not very well would be my guess.

I would back our team of coaches to turn him into the player we need him to be.
Any big footy rumour is a bit of a waste of time.
it’s either a fan or Tom Browne having a guess.

Or just pure speculation or hypothetical that comes out of trade radio and is then turned into a headline. FoxSport love them. Latest is Dees did pick swap for Papley. Which is nothing more than Montagna suggesting the dees should now use one of its top 10 picks on Papley.

Agreed TF 100%, taking it with a grain of salt.

Just talking in the what ifs.....what else is there to do whilst sipping on Premiership beers?!?!

Reactions: 1 user
Seems like we are bending over backwards to help Dan, but the Saints aren't. They are saying yes we want you, but you're at the end of the queue. I hate queueing for a beer let alone to get a gig for a future career. It doesn't scream 'we want you, we believe in you'. I'm really surprised he isn't in more demand, he's young, fast, tough, kicks goals and is on the fringe of the best side with the best groups of fast, tough small forwards, and on top of all that, he's a premiership player.

Clubs are second guessing themselves far too much IMO. He will come in to a side, run, tackle, kick goals, he is what most sides need. He is our 5th or 6th best small pressure forward sure, but he would be half the sides in the league 2nd, 3rd or 4th best.

2 questions from me, why isn't he in higher demand? and why has he nominated St K? who aren't walking the walk in terms of acting on their alleged interest? We would never do that to a player, our word is our bond.
I’m totally convinced most clubs are as thick as two planks . How has Jenkins not been snapped up , 5 x kicked > 40g , I’ve never known an ordinary player to do that , has monstered us before. Same with butler , all but wc and say lions could make a case for butler in their team ,,hawks were playing Puopolo , demons what were they doing . Menadue should play regular footy somewhere , like Lloyd he couldn’t crack into a premiership team , who are the arrogant twats that think that counts them out too

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Lol EzY!

Remember the good old days where all we had to look forward to was speculating who we would secure as our next great white hope?
I am not sure SPP would ever have fitted that description.

Reactions: 1 user
Powell-Pepper for a pick in the late teens / early 20’s?

Yeah not sure about that.

Nonetheless it’s the standard trade rumour we get every year on the eve of the cut off period.

This trade period seems to be about players being overrated and others being underrated and nothing in between

Reactions: 7 users
trade period is too long...there are too many unprofessional people involved who are mo interested in getting their head on tv, or an interview on radio which means it takes too long for anything to happen..

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I’m totally convinced most clubs are as thick as two planks . How has Jenkins not been snapped up , 5 x kicked > 40g , I’ve never known an ordinary player to do that , has monstered us before. Same with butler , all but wc and say lions could make a case for butler in their team ,,hawks were playing Puopolo , demons what were they doing . Menadue should play regular footy somewhere , like Lloyd he couldn’t crack into a premiership team , who are the arrogant twats that think that counts them out too
These are the same recruiters and list managers that overlooked Stack and Pickett.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users