Tradespeople Recommendations | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tradespeople Recommendations

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
So I just had my pool checked for compliance as council has started bringing this in. I used a company I found off the net and the person knew their stuff and I have a detailed report generated.

I got a whole lot of little technical non compliances and some stuff that is legit but *smile* because anyone who could climb over a back fence and jump down 2m could either swim or avoid falling in a swimming pool.

With that said I’m looking for a fence / gate person who knows these rules and could make some reasonable priced repairs / mods to bring me into compliance. I have 60 days to get this done. I’m in Hampton.

I’d much prefer to go word of mouth with tradespeople.

Maybe I should have tried to find a dodgy certifier. None of the stuff is going to do squat to the risk of something going wrong so it’s a bonanza for bureaucracy and I’d have zero remorse that I was going to cause any risk. Most adults can’t open the door to get to my pool. First world problem I know but I’m between jobs so trying to manage expenses.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Coincidentally I just organised my pool compliance inspection who's coming in a few weeks. To highlight the inconsistency my pool fence has to comply but the other side of my pool fence I have 2 dams. No fencing required.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
So I just had my pool checked for compliance as council has started bringing this in. I used a company I found off the net and the person knew their stuff and I have a detailed report generated.

I got a whole lot of little technical non compliances and some stuff that is legit but *smile* because anyone who could climb over a back fence and jump down 2m could either swim or avoid falling in a swimming pool.

With that said I’m looking for a fence / gate person who knows these rules and could make some reasonable priced repairs / mods to bring me into compliance. I have 60 days to get this done. I’m in Hampton.

Maybe I should have tried to find a dodgy certifier. None of the stuff is going to do squat to the risk of something going wrong so it’s a bonanza for bureaucracy and I’d have zero remorse that I was going to cause any risk. Most adults can’t open the door to get to my pool. First world problem I know but I’m between jobs so trying to manage expenses.
This is the fault of some bomber player.

Reactions: 1 user

frecks

Tiger Cub
Feb 24, 2008

My fenced pool has been in for some time & has been inspected & passed. I contacted council site that had all needed to know to be compliant. My 2 gates I up graded

frecks

Tiger Cub
Feb 24, 2008

My 2 gates were upgraded with bunnings closure kits. Paper work from council is very easy to follow & only paid 1 rego fee & inspection. Good luck

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
My 2 gates were upgraded with bunnings closure kits. Paper work from council is very easy to follow & only paid 1 rego fee & inspection. Good luck

Thanks - my gate is fine and closes itself perfectly.

I got all this bs because my pool gear is near the gate so apparently my gate needs to be about 3m high now because some 3 year old that can’t swim will climb up on a pvc pipe and then a 5cm box sticking out from the wall and jump over a gate and then fall in the pool and drown. It’s just dumb.

and I have to also make all my fences around the pool higher too. I need someone who knows the rules and can come up with a simple solution / (fence extension type solution).

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
I don't get the clearance requirements on the inside of the perimeter. Is it to stop someone jumping in or out? Makes no sense. For this I had to get my solar piping and pergola modified.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
I don't get the clearance requirements on the inside of the perimeter. Is it to stop someone jumping in or out? Makes no sense. For this I had to get my solar piping and pergola modified.

It’s to stop a kid climbing the fence I guess. It’s stuff near the self closing / latching gate (not pool side). The rules are quite technical.

My lesson from this when buying a house would be purchase subject to a pool inspection (inspector to be agreed) and all items to be rectified by vendor to make certificate current. When I bought though a few years ago the pool registration wasn’t a thing / conveyancer didn’t flag so I was blissfully unaware even though I asked the owner some questions.

Reactions: 1 user

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
It’s to stop a kid climbing the fence I guess. It’s stuff near the self closing / latching gate (not pool side). The rules are quite technical.

My lesson from this when buying a house would be purchase subject to a pool inspection (inspector to be agreed) and all items to be rectified by vendor to make certificate current. When I bought though a few years ago the pool registration wasn’t a thing / conveyancer didn’t flag so I was blissfully unaware even though I asked the owner some questions.
That was my issue. I had to sort a heap of stuff on the inside of the perimeter. It must've been technical as I couldn't understand how it improved safety. As mine is a rental and I'm out of the country I simply had to take the pineapple up the poopa and agree to the "fixes" so I could be in compliance. Don't get me wrong I fully support the program and I'm sure the standards are being developed by people with experience in these matters.