Scariest scene | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Scariest scene

mainlandy

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2004
Mont Albert
Was listening to SEN the other day and they had people ringing in for their scariest scene in a movie. Mine would have to be in the movie The Sixth Sense HJO goes to the bathroom and out of the corner of his eye sees something or someone flash past the door. I can remember at the time thinking do I want to keep watching I was that scared what was to come.
Gee that scene scared me. What's your scariest scene?

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Most scenes from this series:

[youtube=560,315]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCIDwPs34Ns[/youtube]

Geez...those Pommies can scare you. ;D

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Fatal Attraction, Glenn Close in nearly every scene she was in, scared the living bejesus out of me.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
When I was a young lad I watched The Exorcist.
When Linda Blair's head did a 180 degree turn, I never slept all night.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
No horror movie (or scene) scares me nowadays, but as a kid, a close-up scene of Ron Moody's face when dressed like a woman scared me. This is the only still shot I could find from Flight of the Doves (1971):

flight012.jpg

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Arlington Road ... just at the end of the public phone call Hope Davis makes to Jeff Bridges. As she moves her head you see Joan Cusack behind here listening. So spooky because you're just not expecting anything at that stage and the look on Cusack's face.

Here it is ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfvJFb8XdLI

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I tend to avoid scary movies.

The squeaky pram in Rosemary's baby was incredibly suspenseful. Scary as.

Not sure of the movie but it involved a little girl in a house voice kept whispering "Kirsty Kerr". Haunted me for ages.

Yet again not sure of the film. Saw it at Colac drive-in when I as fairly young. 2 movies screened that night and the only one I can remember is Parent Trap but it was probably the other movie. Nasty clowns put a poison needle sticking up on the back seat of the car for someone to sit on. It terrified me. Also some poison was put in a tube of toothpaste. I always squeezed a bit of toothpaste down the sink before putting anything on my brush after that. I still to this day find clowns creepy. The second scariest thing that night was having to go in the canteen at half time wearing my jamies. :-[

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Another for the Exorcist, the penultimate horror movie.
However for me it's not the obvious schlock horror flicks that sometimes create the most fear.

The Jaws POV dangling feet underwater always made me mega uncomfortable. Brilliant Spielberg.

A couple of scenes in director Ridley Scott's original 'Alien' film were awesome.
Obviously the baby popping out of John Hurt's stomach was an eye catcher but others were the suspense of Tom Skerritt going down the underground tunnel and Harry Dean Stanton calling the cat Jones before it hissed at him. Eff me that movie had some classic scare.
'Aliens' also had some great suspense scenes especially the tracker scene when they thought the Aliens were inside the room but were actually above their heads.

An American Werewolf in London had a few good scare scenes. Especially the part where he woke from a dream but was still in a dream..

Last good scare scene I saw was in The Ring where the exorcist like girl comes out of the TV.
The Paranormal Activity movies have also been ok.
i believe The Conjuring is pretty good but haven't seen it yet.

Getting harder and harder to shock people though these days.

PJ in Osaka

Tiger Matchwinner
Nov 25, 2012
Osaka Japan
Paranormal activity was pretty good for scare factor. The suspense was awesome.

The fourth kind with Mila jovovich had a few good scenes that left you squeamish.

PJ in Osaka

Tiger Matchwinner
Nov 25, 2012
Osaka Japan
Heard fantastic stuff about Rob Zombie's Lords of Salem. Apparently reinvented horror genre. My wife hates horror and I have 2 kids so I haven't had a chance to check it out yet

Bill Haverchuck

Tiger Superstar
Jun 27, 2011
Houseboat horror .....
Most of alien especially Dallas and Parker/lambert deaths , going to the derelict and the space jockey/chamber was creepy too..
not a horror film but after seeing the elephant man as a kid was freaked out .
Kept seeing his face staring back at me from the corner of my room in bed....

As a kid Halloween of course , Michael Myers freaked me out a bit.
The descent when they first see their new friends and of course the original 'the thing'

thinking about it I think my parents let me see plenty of stuff I shouldn't have ..god bless em...

Chiang Mai Tiger

Time for some Tiger Payback
Jun 17, 2004
Thailand
Tigers of Old said:
Last good scare scene I saw was in The Ring where the exorcist like girl comes out of the TV.

Do you mean Hideo Nakata's Ringu mate? The American remake was crap compared to this.

Watch this and die

[youtube=560,315]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mbo5vHy8dw[/youtube]

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
That Arlington Road scene doesn't get enough mentions in top scariest movie scene lists. It's uber creepy.

I'd also throw in the last couple of minutes of the original The Vanishing and any scene from Poltergeist.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
The scenes in Dirty Harry where the serial killer villain pays someone to beat him to a pulp then goes to the media to frame Harry for police brutality. Actually pretty much every scene with that villain scared me.

The weird dude in Lost Highway was freaky

The blair witch project scared me, the scene at the end with the dude in the corner.

Rosemary's Baby scary, the original Stepford Wives, (remake pathetic)

The second half of Play Misty for Me (the original Fatal Attraction)

also Robert Mitchum as the psycho preacher in Night of the Hunter (he is pursuing 2 orphans who can lead him to money his ex prison cell-mate stashed), scary stuff

funky

Tiger Superstar
Nov 27, 2009
Original evil dead scared the crap out of me when I was young also the first paranormal activity and
silence of the lambs

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
This one's a good example of the power of the internet.

Many years ago I saw an otherwise forgettable American TV movie. It wasn't a horror or suspense flick - just a drama about a family based murder. But there was one scene I never forgot.

Aside from that one scene, I could never remember anything about the movie, its name or any of the actors, so I have never been able to find out what it was called. I couldn't even remember much about the plot except for this one scene.

I googled some key aspects of the scene and incredibly, the FIRST hit was a forum discussing it. Not only that, there was a link to that very scene on youtube.

The background is that a husband is suspected of murdering his wife and he has shot through. The cops were convinced he had killed her in the living room so they sprayed this stuff all over the house that would glow in the dark if there were traces of blood on anything. While all this is going on, the guy's parents turn up to look after the children. For the sake of convenience, they decide to spend the night in the house ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhBm08WEgS8