Training For 2023 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training For 2023

The worrying thing about this Mansell venture to the fwd line if true is that our coaching team still doesnt know how they want to setup with a week to go. This should have been sorted so you practice it all pre season not chop and change before the season starts. Have a feeling the coaches have no idea how they are going to use the new additions in the midfield, the Cotch and Martin fwd experiment etc. Have a feeling we will be playing catch up again this year.
Going by Caesars reports over summer, Mansell has trained as a fwd the whole time. Our issue atm is we have a fairly sizeable injury list so we won't be starting the yr with our "best 23" etc.

I liked what i saw from Campbell a lot in the Norf praccy match so he has a bit to work with.

As for Butler i am less fussed about losing him as time goes on, he & Higgins love to run fwd of the contest for the easy goal out the back, if they aren't getting on the end of those the don't seem to offer much else these days

Just on our small fwds from '17, all 3 of them no longer play that role for us so it must have been a rather taxing role to play given they are all still young & when playing that role they could no longer get a game after a couple of yrs.

Reactions: 5 users
Things feel shakey in the forward half already.

We thought we had the WMD‘s but we are getting out worked, we can’t launch anything.
Lever, May & Petty had 28 intercepts between them on saturday, that's what happens when you bomb it long into the fwd 50 every time.

• Angry
Reactions: 5 users
Carlton dont have a May or Lever or Petty
they dont have a Gawn , Grundy or Petracca either

Reactions: 7 users
Driving down Punt Road yesterday just after midday as players were leaving the car park after training, there was still one player (and assistant coach) left on the oval, practicing his goal kicking. Samson Ryan.

• Love
Reactions: 33 users
Lever, May & Petty had 28 intercepts between them on saturday, that's what happens when you bomb it long into the fwd 50 every time.

You can if you're quick, I guess

Depends on how much time you give the opposition's defence to prepare

We were too slow moving the ball

I actually don't mind giving away free kicks in the midfield, as it slows them down so we can defend more easily

Once they're setup... it's over.

Maybe we should kick 50m worm burners along the ground I50 - they can't defend that!

Reactions: 2 users
Driving down Punt Road yesterday just after midday as players were leaving the car park after training, there was still one player (and assistant coach) left on the oval, practicing his goal kicking. Samson Ryan.
Interesting Billy.
He pulled down some great marks in the practice game, but his kicking was not up to scratch.

Reactions: 3 users
Interesting Billy.
He pulled down some great marks in the practice game, but his kicking was not up to scratch.
We struggle with big men plain and simple.
Either they can't mark or can't kick or they are just no good period.
I can't remember a 'Tall' that we have grown into a AGrader since Ottens.

Interesting Billy.
Enormous potential there @graystar1 . I liked it when I saw he was working on his goal kicking and was out there much later than the rest of the list. Good signs.

Reactions: 3 users
We struggle with big men plain and simple.
Either they can't mark or can't kick or they are just no good period.
I can't remember a 'Tall' that we have grown into a AGrader since Ottens.
You might need to book a cognitive test if you can’t remember Riewoldt, Rance, Grimes and Astbury.

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Would literally take 10 minutes to do the whole list, support staff, coaches and any other random people who just happened to be in the room at the time?

An AFL club can’t find 10 minutes a year to accurately measure their list? Staggering.
It's a bug bear of mine and just plain unprofessional, ffs accurate details just as accurate when they take our money.

Reactions: 1 user
Dropped into VFL practice game and can confirm no AFL listed players participating so off to Happy Hour at the London I go :)

Reactions: 14 users
I can't see the sense in letting go players like Butler, Higgins, Stengle & Castagna & then ushering in a new era of experimentation. This season was meant to be the locked & loaded year, we've got a first rounder on the line, all I'm getting is deckchair vibes.
Stengle went from rookie listed on 60 grand to 900000 over 3 year deal,no way we could match.

The worrying thing about this Mansell venture to the fwd line if true is that our coaching team still doesnt know how they want to setup with a week to go. This should have been sorted so you practice it all pre season not chop and change before the season starts. Have a feeling the coaches have no idea how they are going to use the new additions in the midfield, the Cotch and Martin fwd experiment etc. Have a feeling we will be playing catch up again this year.
Or experimenting as u should in practice game

SMALL PRESSURE FORWARD ROLE !! They gonna give Sambo the job !! :))

• Haha