Training For 2023 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training For 2023

@caesar bit of a random one, but did you happen to notice what positional group Bauer trained with this week? He’s named as a back pocket for the VFL game tomorrow, which I really hope doesn’t come to fruition. He’s building nicely up forward
That’s actually massive if that’s where he lines up.
Sounds like they’re toying with the idea of a rebounding defender perhaps?
Steve Morris a little critical of his work rate so maybe working on defensive efforts down back

Jacob Bauer (seven disposals, four marks, three goals)

"An up and down game from Jacob, we found him a little bit too far from the ball at times, but when he's around the ball, he flies at it. He halved a number of contests that we were really pleased with, and he hit the scoreboard quite heavily and could have done so even further. We want to see his work rate gradually improve over the coming weeks, given the fact he's only just returning to footy. But, I think he's made a pretty good start to the season."

@caesar bit of a random one, but did you happen to notice what positional group Bauer trained with this week? He’s named as a back pocket for the VFL game tomorrow, which I really hope doesn’t come to fruition. He’s building nicely up forward
Bauer has been training forward.

Reactions: 1 user
Steve Morris a little critical of his work rate so maybe working on defensive efforts down back

"An up and down game from Jacob, we found him a little bit too far from the ball at times, but when he's around the ball, he flies at it. He halved a number of contests that we were really pleased with, and he hit the scoreboard quite heavily and could have done so even further. We want to see his work rate gradually improve over the coming weeks, given the fact he's only just returning to footy. But, I think he's made a pretty good start to the season."
Yeh it was definitely interesting. Only his second game back from a syndesmosis injury. I’d like to see him get more involved in games, win a bit more of the ball. He has played backline in SANFL and SANFL reserves but from all reports last year, did his best work in the forward line before we drafted him. Dimma said he was very close to debuting last year as well, so surely they stick with him up forward…..

Sam Banks named as a follower is interesting, i am yet to see him win inside ball, maybe they want them all out of their comfort zone this week :unsure:

Reactions: 1 users
Sam Banks named as a follower is interesting, i am yet to see him win inside ball, maybe they want them all out of their comfort zone this week :unsure:
There was a game last year Banks played more inside and was actually quite good. I’m interested to see he and Steely spend some time in the middle. Seth Campbell injured again is really disappointing, maybe they brought him back too early? Showed some exciting signs last week

There was a game last year Banks played more inside and was actually quite good. I’m interested to see he and Steely spend some time in the middle. Seth Campbell injured again is really disappointing, maybe they brought him back too early? Showed some exciting signs last week
Probably got what they use to call OP.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Found the VFL report from round 14 when he played a half of midfield against Geelong and impressed. Also, whilst going through the old reports looking for this one, came across some really positive feedback from Morris RE Tom Brown. Damn shame about his wrist injury, reckon he was primed to take his game to the next level. Still a heap of time this season..

BE988A7B-F8EE-4F00-B574-6A3F741D7DCC.jpeg

We went to the open training / captains run yesterday.
Very relaxed and low intensity from the little I saw.
They all look calm and ready for todays match.
Not a long face painting queue which was good.

Players very generous and friendly afterwards.
Had a short chat with Hopper who is super friendly. He couldnt say enough how happy he is at the club

• Wow
Reactions: 7 users
Captain's Run is in Adelaide and i am not there, also missed all training this week.
???? Left out of the squad? Mid season rest? Spat the dummy n walked out? Simply not good enough caesar, we expect far better from you. :))

Hope all's well n there's no major problems for ya.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
???? Left out of the squad? Mid season rest? Spat the dummy n walked out? Simply not good enough caesar, we expect far better from you. :))

Hope all's well n there's no major problems for ya.
Caesar’s been busy scouring the pawn shops for Shai’s Premiership medals.
They would just about complete his shrine

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users