Training For 2023 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training For 2023

Very contested session today probably the most intense this year, if we bring this Saturday should win easy.
We will be naming a quality side tonight so no excuses.

Very good news is Prestia was the last mid to leave the track.

Interesting was when they broke into lines Sonsie was with the forwards, (not mid:unsure:), (still in jumper 23).

If it is designed to get him into the side and rotate him forward/mid there may me some reason to the madness, would be more dangerous than Mansell down there but assuming Dimma still likes Mansell's pressure?

Last edited:
Reactions: 18 users
Very contested session probably the most intense this year, if we bring this Saturday should win easy.
We will be naming a quality side tonight so no excuses.

I hope so, I'll be in a Bulldog household over Easter, it'll be very painful if we lose.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Dimma confirmed both Ryan and Cumbo are playing.

I assume that means Riewoldt is in trouble.

Reactions: 1 users
I got that impression as well Re: Riewoldt.

Interesting selection coming up.

It would seem a strange round to rest him in, when next week we have the ridiculously named Gather Round when we go to Adelaide and play the Swans who have a good match up for Jack in Rampe. I was always expecting Jack to play the 1st 4, then miss Round 5 and be cherry ripe for the Shemons on Anzac Eve.

Reactions: 1 user
It would seem a strange round to rest him in, when next week we have the ridiculously named Gather Round when we go to Adelaide and play the Swans who have a good match up for Jack in Rampe. I was always expecting Jack to play the 1st 4, then miss Round 5 and be cherry ripe for the Shemons on Anzac Eve.
I’m not so sure it’s about resting him, as Dimma spoke about side balance. Dimma also went on about how he spoke to the older guys last year about how they might not play every week and they all understand that etc etc. It was quite a spiel, which to me hinted at Jack not playing this week. I’m not opposed to it. Would rather get games into Samson and Cumbo (Dimma did say Jack and Cumbo play a similar role as well). I’m not saying I want Jack out every week, just give the young guys a chance and if either or both struggle, make some changes

Same but maybe his rest has come earlier than planned- forced by how Cumbo played when he came on.

This is perfect and how it should be - a young player comes in and demands that he can’t be overlooked either by dominating the VFL or the AFL.

Maybe Dimma is just making sure Cumbo doesn’t build in any bad habits or becomes complacent- builds his hunger and commitment more.

Reactions: 1 users
Looks like,
In Cumberland, Hopper Martin and Sonsie.
Out Clarke, Mansel, Riewoldt and Ross (sub).

I’m not so sure it’s about resting him, as Dimma spoke about side balance. Dimma also went on about how he spoke to the older guys last year about how they might not play every week and they all understand that etc etc. It was quite a spiel, which to me hinted at Jack not playing this week. I’m not opposed to it. Would rather get games into Samson and Cumbo (Dimma did say Jack and Cumbo play a similar role as well). I’m not saying I want Jack out every week, just give the young guys a chance and if either or both struggle, make some changes
Now Jack and Cumbo play a similar role
i thought Martin and Cumbo played the similar role ? :help

Looks like,
In Cumberland, Hopper Martin and Sonsie.
Out Clarke, Mansel, Riewoldt and Ross (sub).
I hate Ross as the sub, and I'm his biggest fan.

His strength is gut running. He gets better as the game goes on. He's not a burst impact player. He's the worst sub option.

I am also Mansell's biggest detractor, but he's a good sub. I'd also have Clarke as a sub option.

Reactions: 6 users

His strength is gut running. He gets better as the game goes on. He's not a burst impact player. He's the worst sub option.

I am also Mansell's biggest detractor, but he's a good sub. I'd also have Clarke as a sub option.
Take your point about Ross, but I think he will go and as the best performed last week of the outs, he is the likely choice as sub.
The other option might be Ross holding his place with Ralphsmith missing out.
If that occurs wouldn't mind Clarke as sub.

I’m all for Cumberland coming in and replacing Jack, but he has to take his chances in front of goal because Jack is good for 2-3 goals per game when he’s only half on

Last edited:
Thursday main training:
After his best game in VFL for club Dow leaves track 5 minutes into warm up.
Seth Cambell after 1 game back in rehab, groin must still be troubling him.
What's happening to my man Dow?!?

I agree, You want someone with speed. You saw how Cumbo came on and impacted in the 2nd half. He looked lightening quick when he first came on as he was so fresh. Thats what we want from a sub, but you need to also balance it against who you have as sub just in case they are needed for an injury replacement in the 1st quarter, hence why Dimma likes to pick subs that can play in various positions (though he went against that a bit last week with Cumbo as the sub).

@caesar bit of a random one, but did you happen to notice what positional group Bauer trained with this week? He’s named as a back pocket for the VFL game tomorrow, which I really hope doesn’t come to fruition. He’s building nicely up forward