Training For 2023 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training For 2023

Re: Gibcus Caesar, I noticed in Mini's presser he said we only had three blokes on the injury list. Either he can't count, or perhaps Gibcus is ready for some game time next week in the VFL?

So disregarding Mini's abacus credentials the three out for the season are Tom Lynch, Kaleb Smith and Mate` Colina, (the later he may have discounted completely ;) ).

Bauer and Shorty available after getting through session.

That leaves only Gibcus, who will need 2 weeks of full training IMO before playing any footy. Richmond VFL only have 3 games left after this weeks BYE so best case Josh plays last VFL game and gets confidence in his body to tackle the off & pre-season are my thoughts.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Kids sending out water bottles? :mhihi

Don't knock them :p I were the ball boy :) when they did goal kicking practice when kicking with the wind balls were sailing over the fence on to Brunton Avenue and a hazard for passing motorists.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Main Training Today Thursday:

Great upbeat session, probably best for the year, plenty of voice and good humour.

A very encouraging sight: For the first time for the season there was NO-ONE in rehab as such if you discount the long term few.

Gibcus: Obviously still listed medium term on RFC site but today he did an hour of football skills with the main group and no rehab running, this seems to me a progression from last Thursday of 30 minutes of warm-up and then rehab running.
Josh was looking magnificent in guernsey #6 and I think he should request it as his own next year. Put blonde locks on him and he reminded me of Tony Modra in the way he moved and body language, (c'mon anyone old enough would remember the Modra strut).

Short/Bauer: Both got through the full session.

Matty Coulthard: Providing plenty of energy

On Lighter Duties: In no danger of missing but Drioli left knee bandaged sat quite a few drills out but still provided passages of the overlap gun and run we see on a weekend and Shai, reported on Chl 7 news on Tuesday when he left the track with maybe a hip issue, similar to Daniel sat a few drills out but was still seen doing centre clearance work and I noticed him sprinting at full pace at one point so both just being managed a bit I reckon.

Cumberland: A good performer on track.

A lot of hands up for selection so going to be tough for MC and the PRE pundits :)
Hi Caesar,

Positive news on Gibcus! Is he training with the forwards or backs?

Reactions: 1 users
Hi Caesar,

Positive news on Gibcus! Is he training with the forwards or backs?
Gibcus still back when they split into lines although he was a leading target in one of the drills as groups moved between training stations.

Great report, Julius. As the backline is so settled and we need height in the forward line would thought be put into giving Gibcus a run there?

Main Training Today Thursday:

Great upbeat session, probably best for the year, plenty of voice and good humour.

<snip>

Matty Coulthard: Providing plenty of energy

<snip>

Would you go so far as to say he was... vibrant?

So disregarding Mini's abacus credentials the three out for the season are Tom Lynch, Kaleb Smith and Mate` Colina, (the later he may have discounted completely ;) ).

Bauer and Shorty available after getting through session.

That leaves only Gibcus, who will need 2 weeks of full training IMO before playing any footy. Richmond VFL only have 3 games left after this weeks BYE so best case Josh plays last VFL game and gets confidence in his body to tackle the off & pre-season are my thoughts.
Fast Food GIF by A&W Restaurants
Mini’s counting machine

Captain's Run today Thursday:

No Cotch, Miller, Hugo

Baker and Shorty out there.
Cumberland, Bauer, Mansel, Coulthard, Clark, Nank, Soldo, Pickett, Banks all in squad of 26.

Can't see any other obvious omissions

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 users