Training For 2023 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training For 2023

Captain's Run:

No Cotch, Miller, Hugo

Baker and Shorty out there.
Cumberland, Bauer, Mansel, Coulthard, Clark, Nank, Soldo

Can't see any other obvious omissions
Interesting, looks like we’ll go the 2 rucks, unless Pickett is our second ruck :unsure:

Captain's Run today Thursday:

No Cotch, Miller, Hugo

Baker and Shorty out there.
Cumberland, Bauer, Mansel, Coulthard, Clark, Nank, Soldo, Pickett, Banks all in squad of 26.

Can't see any other obvious omissions
Didn't go yesterday Julius?

Bauer in today's run sounds good. Must be in.

Reactions: 1 user
Probably indicates conservative changes this week: Nank for Miller and Shorty for Cotch.
If we’re still being conservative after loss to Dees we’ve given up on any chance to get in the 8
Need at least 4 changes must drop the non performers

Reactions: 2 users
they might try Bauer considering his short cameo debut ...

Nank, Short, Cumberland, Bauer

for Miller, Cotch, Mansell? , ?

Maybe:

Shorty for Banks
Cumberland for Cotch
Nank for Miller
Thats likely I think. Shorty for Cotch in the midfield. Bakes to go back for Banks and Cumbo to take Bakes forward role. Maybe leave out Soldo and use Bauer as another forward/back.

Was Martin out there today? How was he moving?
Martin was among 9 players who just walked the boundary at the Captain's Run today, others were Riewoldt Grimes Prestia Pickett Shai.

Non participation at a Captain's Run especially with only a 5 day break generally means very little.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Main Training Today Thursday:

Cotch attempted to train but couldn't and has gone inside

Rioli rehab

Riewoldt virtually hasn't done anything and is presently watching on, I were personally able to thank him for the memories though.

Graham now just running whilst others doing game drills

• Wow
Reactions: 10 users
Main Training Today Thursday:

Cotch attempted to train but couldn't and has gone inside

Rioli rehab

Riewoldt virtually hasn't done anything and is presently watching on, I were personally able to thank him for the memories though.

Graham now just running whilst others doing game drills
Cotchin simply has to play

Not looking good as I thought in regards to Cotch.

Calve injury doesn’t normally get well in a weeks time unless it was awareness”.

And Jack? He will be there even though it’s clearly obvious he is struggling.

Rioli & Graham.? Again these two, what’s the point?

Definitely want to be out there and play in Cotch & Jacks last game, even though Rioli is clearly injured and Graham is clearly pretty sore/injured.

Will be such a shame for the 50k plus fans that will be there in anticipation to salute, thank, acknowledge what our 2 champions contributed to the club.

Should be more than the 50k .

Julius what’s your gut feel?

And others who have been to training the past 2 weeks?

Feel flat today, not because the Matilda’s lost last night , but because I’m going to the game with my North Melbourne cousin.

Waiting’s views
————————

Cotch will play, he simply has to, but if he is struggling maybe thats as the sub. Hopefully we don't get any injuries and he can come on to a heros welcome late in the game.

Rioli has been struggling for weeks with that ankle, may as well wrap him up in cotton wool and get it better for next year and give Banks a couple more games to finish the year.
Similar to Graham, if he's not fit enough, he's not good enough to be played below full fitness, so lets give the Sonz a couple of games to finish the year.

No reason to risk these guys when the season is gone and we can get a few more games into the kids.

Reactions: 7 users