Training | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Still only 1-4 year players today so probably easy to impress:

When the balls were out standouts were:

Marlion
CCJ
RCD
Naish

Willing to go the early call of RCD & CCJ as big improvers but still going to be very hard to break into a Premiership side.

No Stack today.

On Marlion, really seems to be loving it, giving out and receiving a lot of high fives even received a sloppy kiss from Noah in Monday's session:)

Thanks Julius again.

Hail.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Good to hear as the full list returns to training today.... Hopefully Caesar is on the job!

Premiers begin title defence, Dusty finally picks up his car - http://m.afl.com.au/news/2019-12-02/premiers-begin-title-defence-dusty-finally-picks-up-his-car

Last edited:

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Good to hear as the full list returns to training today.... Hopefully Caesar is on the job!

Premiers begin title defence, Dusty finally picks up his car - http://m.afl.com.au/news/2019-12-02/premiers-begin-title-defence-dusty-finally-picks-up-his-car
he is there

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015

The couple of links above basically cover training today so I won't add much.

It's early I know but I am a little disappointed that Noah is coming last in both shuttle runs and repeat 300's and that's only against the big men and not having to compete against smalls. (Chole and CCJ good in these today).

Georgie and Lambo lead the smalls, and Bakes right up there through pure will, especially in the shuttles.

For fear of repeating myself, I am most looking forward to seeing how RCD progresses next season, looks sharp early.

Reactions: 11 users

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
The couple of links above basically cover training today so I won't add much.

It's early I know but I am a little disappointed that Noah is coming last in both shuttle runs and repeat 300's and that's only against the big men and not having to compete against smalls. (Chole and CCJ good in these today).

Georgie and Lambo lead the smalls, and Bakes right up there through pure will, especially in the shuttles.

For fear of repeating myself, I am most looking forward to seeing how RCD progresses next season, looks sharp early.
anyone look like they have porked up increased their skin folds over the break Caesar ?

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014

On the positive, it's great if Chol has really improved his endurance. A shade disappointing re Noah but isn't he still only 19/20? It might take another couple of years to really develop his engine. Almost certainly, fast-twitch muscle fibre type so a burst player which the club realise and use him accordingly. So he is currently suited to relief rucking or a burst through the middle or up forward. He, or Chol, would be our options for replacing Jack or Tom if (crossed fingers here never happens) any injuries. Or a rotating role down back. He is not able to play wing, starting mid or any sustained key position/role for now.
But an intimidating player coming on in a burst role; powerful and explosive in several traits - speed, power, marking, kicking, tackling.
Hopefully the tank will come. We are in the fortunate position of being able to allow him time to develop and Biggie Nyoun will be similar probably. We have cut Moore but Chol has to be able to step up in '20 if any bad luck comes.
I'm an RCD fan and reckon he is going to be knocking on the door to debut in '20.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Poor media. Just nothing bad to write about. As Chimp said, Rancey is definitely a new recruit.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Has Balta put on a bit more muscle in the off-season?

Balta looks wider across the shoulders but I thought his upper arms lacked a bit of muscle definition?, (maybe it's an illusion and i am expecting him to be like Rance already ;) )

mad_tiggy911

Tiger Legend
Mar 30, 2009
These guys have been on holidays for approx 8 weeks. Most would’ve lost condition and it’s probably normal. I would’ve expected Balta to have worked on his endurance if it was a knock on him though.