Training | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Groups of only 8, no contact, how "scary" could we be?:rolleyes:

Sorry folks failed in my duties, didn't go to training today, it was wet!
Seen a pic of a group hunched over so i'd guess it was a hard running session. that & a kick to kick is about all Clubs can do this week.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Tommy Lynch and Broady on Facebook tonight talking about how hard some of it was, missed the detail but both said it was tough.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Tommy Lynch and Broady on Facebook tonight talking about how hard some of it was, missed the detail but both said it was tough.

Spewing I missed it then, but you would have to be there for 4 or 5 hours to catch all the groups. Sounds like today may have been a session to see who actually put in the work in lockdown and maybe a few that didn't?

Reactions: 1 user

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Spewing I missed it then, but you would have to be there for 4 or 5 hours to catch all the groups. Sounds like today may have been a session to see who actually put in the work in lockdown and maybe a few that didn't?
I reckon that'd be spot on, they gotta see sooner or later. Given that there's no contact this week it's the perfect week to get some running in etc as they can't really do anything else besides a bit of circle work etc.

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
My faith in Caesar is starting to wane...

Excuses like 'it was raining' and 'would have to be there for 4 to 5 hours' starting to creep in his vocabulary.

Before you know it we'll hear the 'I had to go in for heart surgery' excuse.

Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
My faith in Caesar is starting to wane...

Excuses like 'it was raining' and 'would have to be there for 4 to 5 hours' starting to creep in his vocabulary.

Before you know it we'll hear the 'I had to go in for heart surgery' excuse.

T-Shirt Tommy I am sure you would have been out there hairy chested, in your budgie smugglers, in any weather in the spirit of the true Iceberger Tommy was ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
After that smackdown by T-Shirt Tommy I got out in the rain today and caught 40 minutes of training.

16 on the ground, 8 at each end broken into their lines of forwards and backs.

As a reminder who were in these lines:

Forwards
JR8
Lynch
Shai
Rioli
Stackman
Georgie
Higgo
Mabs

Backs
Grimes
Astbury
Tigga
Broady
Short
Bakes
Balta
Naish

Greasy conditions so not exactly a clean session . Balta caught my eye in circle work at least, the number of times he used his non preferred to hit a 40 metre target in the conditions was pretty impressive. Bugger this premiership window ;) , if we weren't in it we would be just chucking him in the ones to develop.

Not much else you can glean from circle work so I will leave it there.

There was however an interesting 4 man 3 lap challenge at the end consisting of Georgie/Shai/Rioli/Stackman.

Surely Georgie was there to embarrass them, the pacesetter that no-one was going to catch, at the end of the 1st lap Georgie Rioli Shai were not that far apart Stackman on the other hand was immediately lagging, so much so that Riewoldt joined in after lap one to be Stacky's personal pacesetter, Jack was constantly looking over his shoulder to spur him on, if JR8 was a jockey he would be suspended for overuse of the whip:D
After lap one the gaps opened up so I will just go to the end results after lap 3.
Georgie 1st 150 metres ahead of Dan who was 50m ahead of Shai and Stackman collapsed 30 meters before the finish line a further 250 metres behind.

Look when balls are out Stacky looking fine, but word on the street was he was less than dedicated in lockdown.

Word from the Fly
Had a brief chat to Fly this morning and he confirmed that RFC have retained all coaches and said "they have really looked after us"

Training back to normal next week with full contact sessions Monday and Thursday:clap2

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Thanks for the updates C.
Stack doesn't have much time to get match fit if he wants to make the round 2 team on the 11th then.
Also can't see him playing midfield anytime soon with such poor endurance.
Many did wonder about him outside of the structured environment of the footy club during iso.
We all love what he does but he's going to have to play catch up. Quickly.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Stack will never be the type to blitz at training. I would rather Stack being Crap at training, compared to Pettifier or Fleming burning the track.
He will gain fitness playing the game.
Not worried.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
A lot of the indigenous guys struggle to run for running sake and do much better when a footy is involved, but having said that it is a major concern if a player can't finish a 1200 metre run at that pace.

Maybe shorter qtrs will help,
Maybe he isnt a good trainer,
Maybe he isnt commited enough,
But at the end of the day, he is a quality footballer.
We have the best fitness and recovery coaches in the comp.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Thank you so much, @caesar
So Stackman 500 metres behind sounds like a whole lap, in which case George ran 50% further!

Ok my distances may be out slightly:rolleyes: but you get the drift, Stackman finished 3/4 lap behind Georgie, and no they all ran the same distance as they stopped after 3 laps except Stack who expired 30 metres before official finish line.
So doing my numbers again, what is the circumference of PRO about 450m?, 3/4 of a lap behind Georgie is about 337.5m, my other distances were probably similarly out;)

Last edited: