Training | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Ok my distances may be out slightly:rolleyes: but you get the drift, Stackman finished 3/4 lap behind Georgie, and no they all ran the same distance as they stopped after 3 laps except Stack who expired 30 metres before official finish line.
So doing my numbers again, what is the circumference of PRO about 450m?, 3/4 of a lap behind Georgie is about 337.5m, my other distances were probably similarly out;)
Well, that's the length of the Caulfield straight over a sprint race distance. With FF in the form guide too.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
He obviously struggles a little outside of direct control but he'll be up and running I'm sure, and the staff will get up him.

Training back in the group will get him switched back on, no stress yet, he'll be ok when the ball is bounced

Focus and structure is important for the lad..

Reactions: 1 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Great stuff Caesar. Good to see that you're back on the horse ;)

Regarding what Fly said about all of the coaches being retained (which is awesome by the way), isn't the new reduced soft cap going to affect our ability to retain those coaches?

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Great stuff Caesar. Good to see that you're back on the horse ;)

Regarding what Fly said about all of the coaches being retained (which is awesome by the way), isn't the new reduced soft cap going to affect our ability to retain those coaches?

Don't think clubs know exactly what the REDUCED soft cap will be yet and that comes into effect next year and then it will be a case of shuffling the magnets and the dollars and deciding where our priorities within the football dept lie

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Stackman collapsed 30 meters before the finish line a further 250 metres behind.

Look when balls are out Stacky looking fine, but word on the street was he was less than dedicated in lockdown.

Huge concerns

Winx never, ever won a trial.

im about as concerned about Stackman as I am about the feathers down the bottom of my doona

he probably just had a couple of zinger burgers in the saddlebags

• Haha

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Winx never, ever won a trial.

im about as concerned about Stackman as I am about the feathers down the bottom of my doona

he probably just had a couple of zinger burgers in the saddlebags
He ain’t no Winx
Bit of “ Tom Melbourne “ at the moment , although the maiden at Ballarat tomorrow is where he might end up ‍♂️

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Thanks Caesar, and interested in your comments about Balta. He is fast and highly skilled and I think he is still big chance to come in against the pies, either for Broad or Nank.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
No Tom Melbourne. The horse that promised the world , but didn’t deliver

$1.4m and came within half a length of winning The Epsom?

The Epsom is probably the best mile handicap in the land. I'd argue winning it is analogous to a BOG in a GF.

They even run it on GF day. Norm Smith.

If you said to me now, I can guarantee Stackman will come 2nd in the Norm Smith (one guess who comes first?)

I'd take it.

Short memories. 18 clubs passed on Stackman, arguably the best (inarguably the 2nd best) kid in the land,

cause he ate a bucket of KFC.

He has a spew and falls short in one training run and he's on skid row ?

and M.Conti is no instagram socialite. She's an AA footballer.

c'mon fellas..

Reactions: 3 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
$1.4m and came within half a length of winning The Epsom?

The Epsom is probably the best mile handicap in the land. I'd argue winning it is analogous to a BOG in a GF.

They even run it on GF day. Norm Smith.

If you said to me now, I can guarantee Stackman will come 2nd in the Norm Smith (one guess who comes first?)

I'd take it.

Short memories. 18 clubs passed on Stackman, arguably the best (inarguably the 2nd best) kid in the land,

cause he ate a bucket of KFC.

He has a spew and falls short in one training run and he's on skid row ?

and M.Conti is no instagram socialite. She's an AA footballer.

c'mon fellas..

I don't think anyone is saying he's on skid row, I think they're saying he's got a bit of catching up to do, that's all.

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I don't think anyone is saying he's on skid row, I think they're saying he's got a bit of catching up to do, that's all.

Id say he's had some catching up to do his whole life. doesn't seem to hold him back.

not meaning to have a go at anyone.

Just countering that Stackman will be a star of the competition for the next decade.

I dont reckon JR8 would have ran a pace setting lap for Ben Lennon?

maybe he would've?