U.S Presidential Election | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

U.S Presidential Election

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Wow. Goodes fermenting national discord? The poor bloke was run out of the sport he was an all-time great of. All he did was call out racism.

Serious trouble with aboriginals? Like setting up a tent city in a park? Watch out hey.

Systemic aboriginal disadvantage needs to be discussed and dealt with. Hopefully we don't have statements like yours coming from anyone with any sort of influence.

Goodes was no more run out of the sport than Matthew Knights was. He was 36 and finished. He is adept at playing the victim and is one ungrateful sonofabitch.

Aboriginals condemn themselves to disadvantage for as long as they reject the goals that the vast majority of us aspire to. You can't set yourselves up as a breed apart and expect it to work in material terms, it's pure folly. Hence we have anarchist groups trying to topple civilisation.

You are siding with evil.

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Goodes was no more run out of the sport than Matthew Knights was. He was 36 and finished. He is adept at playing the victim and is one ungrateful sonofabitch.

Aboriginals condemn themselves to disadvantage for as long as they reject the goals that the vast majority of us aspire to. You can't set yourselves up as a breed apart and expect it to work in material terms, it's pure folly. Hence we have anarchist groups trying to topple civilisation.

That's a staggeringly poor reply. An ungrateful sonofabitch. Wow.

You think the disadvantage is purely self-inflicted?

Breed apart, topple civilisation, siding with evil.....WTF?

Reactions: 1 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Spent a bit of time flicking between Fox News and CNN today.

CNN had a powerful doorstop interview with the Minnesota Police Chief in which he left no doubt he believes all the police at the scene are culpable for Floyd's death.

On Fox they are concerned that the protestors might spread coronavirus. :rolleyes:
Were they the same fox fools who spent months saying Covid19 was just the flu?
And the same fox fools who are undoubtedly supporting Trumps push to re-open everything?

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Possibly. But after more than three months of investigation the US has obviously reached the conclusion that the WHO has underperformed. I suspect many billions of dollars could be put to better use than channeling it through the UN where chunks are corruptly siphoned off.

This is the type of decision that makes Trump a good leader. Doesn't suffer fools gladly.
At lesst you are again being open in your support of Trump. You have been in hiding on that front while the deaths have soared spattered the message has continued to jump around.
I dont think anyone with an ounce of intelligence could not at least be a little sceptical about Trumps motives for attacking WHO, or anything he does.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
At lesst you are again being open in your support of Trump. You have been in hiding on that front while the deaths have soared spattered the message has continued to jump around.
I dont think anyone with an ounce of intelligence could not at least be a little sceptical about Trumps motives for attacking WHO, or anything he does.

Trump hasn't dealt well with the virus and I agree that there is an element of deflection in his finger-pointing. I don't think it's in his personality to admit to mistakes. I have been acquainted with people like this and they can be infuriating.

However I'm at least capable of objectivity whereas posters like yourself - and there are plenty of you here - suspect the worst in Trump's every move.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Breed apart, topple civilisation, siding with evil.....WTF?

That's the basis of all my political views - that left-wing politics is being manipulated and shaped by people out to destroy us. I'm much less pro-right than anti-left.

It makes perfect sense, even if you don't see it or disagree.

TV Josh

Tiger Rookie
May 26, 2005
Melbourne, VIC

When I read or hear opinions like this about the traits of aboriginals in the context of football conversations, I always wonder if the person stating it would have the balls to put it in a face to face with their team's top indigenous players. Here for instance, if you said all the above to Marlion, Shane, Daniel and Shai, what would you expect their response to be? Just interested in how this would go.

TV Josh

Tiger Rookie
May 26, 2005
Melbourne, VIC
Why would I do it? They're working for a living.

But Goodes is working right now too. He's a CEO and director of a consortium based in Sydney that deals in infrastructure projects. Anyway, back to my point, Say you're at a Tigers club luncheon and Shane, Marlion, Shai and Daniel are on your table and Adam Goodes comes up as a topic of discussion. Shane asks you what you think of Adam Goodes. Would you put your views outlined above to the table?

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
But Goodes is working right now too. He's a CEO and director of a consortium based in Sydney that deals in infrastructure projects. Anyway, back to my point, Say you're at a Tigers club luncheon and Shane, Marlion, Shai and Daniel are on your table and Adam Goodes comes up as a topic of discussion. Shane asks you what you think of Adam Goodes. Would you put your views outlined above to the table?

I'd simply say "I can't have Goodesy". If pressed, I'd explain why.

PS Sydney Stack is my fave, so please put him on my table. Plenty to talk about other than politics.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Channel 9's US correspondent is being hauled over the coals by stating to US protestors in LA that Australians can't relate to deaths in custody. Give me a break . Give that lady a history lesson. We had a royal commission in Aboriginal deaths in custody in the 1990s and since then over 400 ind
Possibly. But after more than three months of investigation the US has obviously reached the conclusion that the WHO has underperformed. I suspect many billions of dollars could be put to better use than channeling it through the UN where chunks are corruptly siphoned off.

This is the type of decision that makes Trump a good leader. Doesn't suffer fools gladly.
The US has also found there is zero evidence that the virus was wq

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
OK. I respect a difference of opinion, but I'll just leave this here.

Nothing I just posted was racist.

I'm a big fan of Warren Mundine's views. He'd agree with me that Aboriginals are being manipulated to exist as victims. The left side of politics is effectively holding them back.

Last edited:

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell

Not possibly, definitely. The lab was started in the 1950s by the French with the Chinese Government and they still train the scientists where necessary but it is a Chinese lab. The WHO wouldn't have the capability to start a lab in China if they wanted to, they don't have the resources . It's fanciful
You do know that only about 4-5% of the WHOs field budget goes to pandemic work don't you?
This is not what makes Trump a great leader, it's what makes him a fool. The losers in this are the world's most vulnerable, noone else. The people Trump couldn't give a toss about
in that investigation the US also found that there is zero evidence that the virus was created in a lab, another theory of the "great leader". In fact epidemiologists laugh at the idea that such a complex virus could be created in a lab.
The vast majority of Trump's decisions are about him and his reputation, he is the very definition of a narcissist.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
This is not what makes Trump a great leader, it's what makes him a fool. The losers in this are the world's most vulnerable, noone else. The people Trump couldn't give a toss about

The $800m a year is being channelled towards other humanitarian efforts. I know you have a mate in the WHO, but don't take it personally when I say they have failed as an organisation just as surely as you accuse Trump of failing.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Presumably the 116 (?) nations who backed the call for an investigation. Most countries won't spell it out as it would breach protocol. But it's there between the lines of our Foreign Minister's words.
That is not true. That is not what the investigation is about. It is into the source of the virus, the process followed to contain it and the response to the virus across the world and what we can do better in the future. It's why the investigation will be held later so it covers the global response.
If the 116 countries who backed the investigation wanted an investigation into the WHO covering up the source of the virus with China why are they letting the WHO do the investigation?

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
That is not true. That is not what the investigation is about. It is into the source of the virus, the process followed to contain it and the response to the virus across the world and what we can do better in the future. It's why the investigation will be held later so it covers the global response.
If the 116 countries who backed the investigation wanted an investigation into the WHO covering up the source of the virus with China why are they letting the WHO do the investigation?

Yes that is correct. But it goes hand-in-hand with faintly-disguised accusations from various countries that China lied about the extent and danger of the virus, and that the WHO was complicit in those lies.

The WHO is on notice. If they don't do it properly and objectively, it will be taken out of their hands and pressure will be brought to bear on China, and the WHO will be kaput. Frankly I think the world is throwing good money after bad - they're being too diplomatic, where Trump is not afraid to be blunt.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
The $800m a year is being channelled towards other humanitarian efforts. I know you have a mate in the WHO, but don't take it personally when I say they have failed as an organisation just as surely as you accuse Trump of failing.
I'm not taking it personally I am trying to point out that you are wrong. I know 2 people at the WHO, neither of whom work in this space directly but are incredibly concerned about what funding cuts will do to their work, especially in Africa.
I have never said the WHO didn't make mistakes but if you believe there was a cover up cooked up between the WHO and the Chinese , or that the virus was created in a lab run by the WHO or that the reason we have hundreds of thousands dead is because of the WHO then you are wrong.
The WHO was under resourced for this, gun shy because of criticism they have had in the past about being too quick to be alarmist, too slow to declare a pandemic and all of that may have made a difference but at the margins only.
i have said over and over again that if we want to do better provide more resources not less. I read an article about live animal markets in Indonesia yesterday which is truly alarming but the WHO has nowhere near the resources to work on that especially with 15% + of their funding ripped away.
This whole pandemic shows that we may be nation states but our borders mean nothing to a virus, to me it's a call to arms for global cooperation and coordination not the opposite.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Yes that is correct. But it goes hand-in-hand with faintly-disguised accusations from various countries that China lied about the extent and danger of the virus, and that the WHO was complicit in those lies.

The WHO is on notice. If they don't do it properly and objectively, it will be taken out of their hands and pressure will be brought to bear on China, and the WHO will be kaput. Frankly I think the world is throwing good money after bad - they're being too diplomatic, where Trump is not afraid to be blunt.
I'll let the people who are being protected from polio, TB , malaria and god knows what else by the WHO that we are throwing good money after bad. I am sure they would be happy to hear it