U.S Presidential Election | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

U.S Presidential Election

Sanders is far far left. But that's only because there's been a real shift to the right globally

You do realise that was a satirical piece? Or are you so far gone that you can't even see that anymore?
And a very funny piece of journalism, the author is a cartoonist who the next year went on to endorse Hillary Clinton.

Aaaah President Donald Chump, that's what you get when there's no compulsory vote.
When can we expect Trump to call the USA's retreat from Afghanistan a great victory for the USA in the fight against the Taliban?

Having said that I have the utmost respect for all servicemen who risk their lives whether or not I agree with the war that they are fighting.

US signs historic peace deal with the Taliban. Tumbleweeds.

People might be a little hesitant to pop the champagne bottles seeing how his best ever, never seen before, amazing deal with his best mate Kim Jong-un to denuclearise North Korea transpired.

Sorry, is that an admission you didn't realise the other thing you posted was pure satire? You thought it was a genuine piece? Or didn't you read it again?

I Googled "far, far, far left". You got taken in by Andrew Bolt. That must've stung. Don't go full hypocrite on me, Baloo.

Reactions: 1 user
You got taken in by Andrew Bolt. That must've stung. Don't go full hypocrite on me, Baloo.

I'll let that deflection shoot by me and come back to my question. Did you not realise that was satire, or didn't you read it? I hope for your sake it's the latter.

I'll let that deflection shoot by me and come back to my question. Did you not realise that was satire, or didn't you read it? I hope for your sake it's the latter.

First thing this morning, I mistook the satirical context (but did wonder how it got into the Washington Post).

Aaaah President Donald Chump, that's what you get when there's no compulsory vote.
Guess that's nearly as bad as KRudd.
There's only compulsory attendance in Oz. Ya can write whatever ya like on their over sized sheet of bog paper, no-one will know who said what.

Guess that's nearly as bad as KRudd.
There's only compulsory attendance in Oz. Ya can write whatever ya like on their over sized sheet of bog paper, no-one will know who said what.

If people don't vote when they have the chance, then they shouldn't complain when they don't like what a Government does.

Reactions: 1 users
Aren’t you able to answer it?

Of course I can. I believe healthcare is something everyone should have access to regardless of economic situation. Do I assume you are happy for the poor folks to not be able to access healthcare? If so, why do you seem to think your system is so good? Surely morally everyone should always have access to healthcare and not have to worry about whether they can afford it or not.

Same goes for primary and high school education.

Of course I can. I believe healthcare is something everyone should have access to regardless of economic situation. Do I assume you are happy for the poor folks to not be able to access healthcare? If so, why do you seem to think your system is so good? Surely morally everyone should always have access to healthcare and not have to worry about whether they can afford it or not.

Same goes for primary and high school education.
i assume G just thinks anyone infected by CV should just sue whoever infected them.

• Haha
All you have done here is just re-stated your claim, you haven’t justified it. Perhaps I should instead ask “what is a right?” to get at the heart of this? Is it something nice to have? Is it something you can force others to abide by? Is it something that is just magically created all of a sudden when a certain wealth threshold is achieved? Is it universal?

Last edited:
If people don't vote when they have the chance, then they shouldn't complain when they don't like what a Government does.
Don't vote n don't much like what any of the bastards on both sides do. Stand by my right to hang *smile* on the lot of them, they're all very worthy of a *smile* sling.

All you have done here is just re-stated your claim, you haven’t justified it. Perhaps I should instead ask “what is a right?” to get at the heart of this? Is it something nice to have? Is it something you can force others to abide by? Is it something that is just magically created all of a sudden when a certain wealth threshold is achieved? Is it universal?

I think you are picking at things now. Its pretty clear what I am saying.

Everyone has the right to access healthcare regardless of economic situation where the economic impact may impact on their decision to undertake non-essential healthcare. No-one anywhere should have to worry about the cost when they are involved in an accident, or if having a baby that they have to ensure they have $40 in order to hold their own baby (this is an actual cost in the US).

This is basic rights for everyone.