U18 players to watch - 2013 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

U18 players to watch - 2013

Just looking at the Coburg team for August 4.
Note that it includes a "Boyd" as an underage extra.
Know that Tom Boyd is not playing with Eastern Ranges this weekend.
Is he with Coburg?

RedanTiger said:
Just looking at the Coburg team for August 4.
Note that it includes a "Boyd" as an underage extra.
Know that Tom Boyd is not playing with Eastern Ranges this weekend.
Is he with Coburg?
Doubt it. Ranges players usually play for box hill. And he'd block Aaron Edwards development.

Can the junior watchers please let me know your thoughts on these guys, what round they are likely to be drafted (if at all for some) and if we would be considering them?
Matt Crouch - North Ballarat Rebels
Dallas Willsmore - North Ballarat Rebels
Louis Herbert - North Ballarat Rebels
Brett Bewley - Western Jets
James Sicily - Western Jets
Billy Hartung - Dandenong Stingrays

My nephew is covering the Rebels games and has mentioned some of these boys among others. I saw the Rebels and Jets game last week and these boys looked to have some AFL qualities, and my nephew thinks Hartung will be a gun.

Billy Hartung is one that we should seriously be looking at. Pace, flair, run & carry, and seriously good skills.

I like him and Nathan Freeman very much.

If we can dunno how, forget Tom boyd and all the victorians.................................Norwoods James Aish..............is the biggest freak and complete footballer i have ever seen.
watched many times last year carve up the SANFL as a 16 year old, hopefully his shoulder injury puts off would be selectors, if around lock this kid away with our first pick. but he few sanfl games he has played this season, is a class above all in sanfl.....in fact all the crows are losing it they cant take him as a father son....suck shiet i say...

would absolutely step straight into our on ball round 1. think of a quicker, neater, two sider insider cotchin, and better.

TheCan said:
think of a quicker, neater, two sider insider cotchin, and better.

:eek:

Going a bit early there I reckon mate.

He's very talented though I agree

SCOOP said:
Billy Hartung is one that we should seriously be looking at. Pace, flair, run & carry, and seriously good skills.

I like him and Nathan Freeman very much.
Thanks Scoop. Yes, Billy sounds like he would be a perfect fit to our current mids. Do you think the other boys will get drafted?

Phantom said:
Firstly, a list of those in the TAC, Metro teams, as nominated by their coaches playing in Round 1. (Source: TAC Record)

Calder - Jake Owen (Mid,191,82), Aaron Christensen (HF,190,74), Liam Berry (Mid,183,76), Jake Lever (KPP,190,82)

Eastern - Tom Boyd (KPP,199,102), Ben Cavarra (Mid,173,69), Mitch Honeychurch (Mid,175,65), Mitch Keedle (Mid,184,69)

Northern - Ben Lennon (Mid,187,79), Marcus Bontempelli (Mid,191,83), Cameron Conlon (R,198,87), Julian Soccio (Def,188,80)

Oakleigh - Nick Prowse (R/F,198,78), James Toohey (KPP,196,94), Aidan Franetic (Mid,184,79), Jay Kennedy-Harris (Mid,173,68)

Sandringham - Josh Kelly (Mid,182,73), Christian Salem (Mid,183,82), Nathan Freeman (Mid,181,85), Max Hayes (Mid,191,86)

Western - Jake McKenzie (Mid,181,75), Brett Bewley (HBF,185,81), Liam Duggan (HBF,182,72), Duom Dawam (R,200,75)

Dr who......how much do you rate Tom Boyd, you have been around long enough.....is he a J patton hype type.......or a seriously Tony Lockett clone....Its just so hard to beleive the hype......give us your raw break down on this kid

Stylo said:
:eek:

Going a bit early there I reckon mate.

He's very talented though I agree

LOL yeah I know, but far out this kid is special.

TheCan said:
Dr who......how much do you rate Tom Boyd, you have been around long enough.....is he a J patton hype type.......or a seriously Tony Lockett clone....Its just so hard to beleive the hype......give us your raw break down on this kid

Cameron Conlon is one to watch. Another Ty Vickery, maybe better. Coming off knee surgery but has dominated TAC cup. The type to take if a tall has injury concerns.

Exposed form is very good, a better athlete then TV.

SCOOP said:

Cameron Conlon is one to watch. Another Ty Vickery, maybe better. Coming off knee surgery but has dominated TAC cup. The type to take if a tall has injury concerns.

I really like Conlon. Will probably go in the 20s but if he were there at our 2nd rounder I'd take him for sure.

Stylo said:
I really like Conlon. Will probably go in the 20s but if he were there at our 2nd rounder I'd take him for sure.

We need a young ruck. And Conlon does have the ability to play forward. Not unlike Brodie Grundy in a lot of ways. If he played the entire year, he would be a top 10 pick for sure. But unlike Griffiths (similar set of circumstances with injury) Conlon has ripped a few games of TAC apart. I am very interested in him. We have to go mid with our first pick but I would like Conlon at this stage with a second rounder.

*Scoop reserves the right to change his mind before the draft and not have this post used against him by those looking to tear him down" ;D

SCOOP said:
We need a young ruck. And Conlon does have the ability to play forward. Not unlike Brodie Grundy in a lot of ways. If he played the entire year, he would be a top 10 pick for sure. But unlike Griffiths (similar set of circumstances with injury) Conlon has ripped a few games of TAC apart. I am very interested in him. We have to go mid with our first pick but I would like Conlon at this stage with a second rounder.

*Scoop reserves the right to change his mind before the draft and not have this post used against him by those looking to tear him down" ;D
Conlon would be a great get as a 2nd rounder.

SCOOP said:

The name rings a bell, did this kid play for Macleod Scoop?

SCOOP said:
St Mary's. Thoughts on him?
Yeah I think he had a stint at Macleod ( U14s perhaps) before St. Mary's.
Tall ranga who showed a bit but he was around a foot taller than the other kids in his side. From memory was a decent kick & good mark.

Was playing basketball as well so may be one to watch as those types tend to have good reaction times.