Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

So when do you pay the 50? When you know the opposition player knows, when you don't know the opposition player knows, when you know the opposition player doesn't know (but how do you really know?), when you don't know the opposition player doesn't know? Seems an element of subjectivity comes into it.
Therein lies the pronblem. Subjectivity.

The umps have clearly decided Bolton is ignoring the whistle when he has been penalised the 50's this year for playing on.

• Angry
Reactions: 3 users
Someone posed to me today whether if the shoe had been on the other foot whether Sydney would have been awarded a 50m penalty to tie the game..
Dont forget they got away with one of their players holding onto the post and shaking it like a chimp a while back as well. They get a lotta love.

Reactions: 2 users
Therein lies the pronblem. Subjectivity.

The umps have clearly decided Bolton is ignoring the whistle when he has been penalised the 50's this year for playing on.
Bolton is dumb because the umps have been red hot on this. He shouldn't assume the whistle hasn't gone when he didn't hear it.

Reactions: 1 users
So, you can be clumsy, attacking the ball, bump a player in the head, and cop a four - six week suspension.

Or, you can be clumsy, and be a *smile* boxer - off the ball and get a one week suspension.

I certainly know what is a worse look for the game, and life in general. The coward's punch.

I wonder if Danny Green can add a comment on this?
And then sometimes you can be clumsy, dumb *smile* boxing try hard and demand an apology for be labelled a coward, for throwing a coward's punch.

The Age:

But, you can't ask an umpire "what's that free kick for?".

Something is rotten...

Reactions: 1 user
And then sometimes you can be clumsy, dumb *smile* boxing try hard and demand an apology for be labelled a coward, for throwing a coward's punch.

The Age:

But, you can't ask an umpire "what's that free kick for?".

Something is rotten...
No apology from the Swans for slagging off at Cotchin during the hearing

• Angry
Reactions: 4 users
Bolton is dumb because the umps have been red hot on this. He shouldn't assume the whistle hasn't gone when he didn't hear it.
But its all changed now Harry, haven't you heard? Didn't hear the whistle, common sense, no 50. All sorted.

But its all changed now Harry, haven't you heard? Didn't hear the whistle, common sense, no 50. All sorted.
Exactly. When I got told to do the dishes last week and went to the pub instead, I simply didn’t hear. If I did, I’d have most certainly done the dishes. Otherwise, I asked my old girl to apply common sense. Which she didn’t, but that’s my point. She should have, just like Stevic. She’s a useless umpire….

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Exactly. When I got told to do the dishes last week and went to the pub instead, I simply didn’t hear. If I did, I’d have most certainly done the dishes. Otherwise, I asked my old girl to apply common sense. Which she didn’t, but that’s my point. She should have, just like Stevic. She’s a useless umpire….
Dissent! 50m Redfords.
Another 50 for being a dumkopf for expecting Mrs Redfords or any other female to apply common sense.

Excellent analogy!

Reactions: 1 user
Was watching V Swans live at the Sporting Globe with pints flowing, and rowdy supporters for both sides.
If the non 50 happened before the 3 grand finals I would have been apoplectic.
When it happened I was kind of Meh.

Think I might be Benjamin Button :)

Can’t stand swan supporters.
Been to a number of games at Sydney.
There’s a different style of “wanker” smugness about them.

Reactions: 1 users
Can’t stand swan supporters.
Been to a number of games at Sydney.
There’s a different style of “wanker” smugness about them.
Most of them talk about Bitcoin, Sharemarket, Work or Family et al (real boring crap) and hardly watch the game at all. Its why they need a Buddy type to get the crowd to actually give a *smile* about the game.

Ever since old Kenny stopped banging the advertising hoardings after a goal I'm not sure they even have a local cheer squad.