Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

Umpires imposing themselves in the Hawks - Pies game! Umpire 17 loves the spotlight - calling them from 50 meters away! What a stuffing joke this game has become!

• Angry
Reactions: 3 users
Umpires imposing themselves in the Hawks - Pies game! Umpire 17 loves the spotlight - calling them from 50 meters away! What a stuffing joke this game has become!
The umpires look after Collingwood
Some of the free kicks they get, I've never seen any Richmond player get.
The one to Oliver Henry payed against Jait was a momentum killer.
Hawthorn shouldve won very very uncomposed inside 50.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 users
This week Jonathan Brown mentioned that umpires are directed to look carefully at staging squibs like Ginnivan, Weightman, Papley Selwood etc and to NOT pay free kicks when they flop.

Admittedly, Jonathan Brown has the intelligence of a pot plant and I'm not sure English is his first language..... BUT

If this is true, could it also be true that umpires are directed to umpire Richmond differently?

Because every other game I watch these days (rarity) I think "we'd never get that free"

Reactions: 6 users
Magpies get 1 bad free kick call in the last 5 years and are going to submit a please explain to AFL.

We get 10 of these a *smile* game and suffer in silence. Its BS #letblameyloose

• Angry
Reactions: 7 users
Well Macrae admits it

“Being tackled versus getting tackled, we practise that. I think it’s a skill, and it forces the tackler to really be on his best game. Is there a rule? There’s no rule against it at the minute.”

The cheats practice it.

I don’t quite understand what the difference is between being v getting tackled tbh but what I didn’t like was that he inferred that Dusty does it - wtf

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...ule-after-ginnivan-s-day-20220605-p5ar7q.html

Reactions: 1 user
Well Macrae admits it

“Being tackled versus getting tackled, we practise that. I think it’s a skill, and it forces the tackler to really be on his best game. Is there a rule? There’s no rule against it at the minute.”

The cheats practice it.

I don’t quite understand what the difference is between being v getting tackled tbh but what I didn’t like was that he inferred that Dusty does it - wtf

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...ule-after-ginnivan-s-day-20220605-p5ar7q.html
Huh. Makes no sense.

Reactions: 1 user
Well Macrae admits it

The cheats practice it.

I reckon McRae has perfectly summed that up. It's exactly what I just tried to say in another thread but with much less eloquence.

Well Macrae admits it

The cheats practice it.

do they practice being or getting?

Ginnivan has taken it to a new level. He does a new patented move where he dives forward and ducks while throwing the head back. Its quite a menouevre. Effectively playing for both in the back or too high simultaneously, doubling his chances of a free.

He's being very mischievous in comparing those two. I went and had a look and the Freo bloke knows it is a free against him, is standing right next to the Essendon player and chucks the ball away. They are not similar at all
Let's compare Jim Stynes.
15m after the siren.
An iconic moment.

do they practice being or getting?

Ginnivan has taken it to a new level. He does a new patented move where he dives forward and ducks while throwing the head back. Its quite a menouevre. Effectively playing for both in the back or too high simultaneously, doubling his chances of a free.
What I don't understand is Ginnivan also typically ends up on top of the ball after diving/dropping the hips, he just stops and appeals to the umpire for a free kick. He makes no attempt to move the ball on, per the rules that should be a free kick against for making no attempt to get the ball out from your possession.

Reactions: 5 users
How can a Collingwood player lay on the ball (Hawthorn's forward 50) and given plenty time to get it our but as soon a Bresut gets the ball is immediately tackled and pinged?
The umpires are screwing our game

• Angry
The free against Moore just shows how incompetent the umps are. The ump 50 meters away blew the free coz he thought Moore slid into the legs while the ump much closer saw no free. Why didn't the closer ump say nah no free kick here when he knew it was absolutely not a free? Just shows it's a game of free kick bingo for the umps as they go looking for any reason to blow the whistle.

Reactions: 2 users
Really enjoyed having no Richmond this weekend.
Only watched last q of Bulldogs match (poor umpiring)
Last q of Sydney match (poor umpiring which gifted Swans the win.

And last q of Collingwood match which gifted it the win.

Pathetic.

• Angry
How can a Collingwood player lay on the ball (Hawthorn's forward 50) and given plenty time to get it our but as soon a Bresut gets the ball is immediately tackled and pinged?
The umpires are screwing our game
Yes that was *smile* terrible.
AFL is laughable now.

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users
Yes that was *smile* terrible.
AFL is laughable now.
Collingwood plays can lay on the ball. And nothing happens. We have opposition players holding the ball in and we get pinged.
It must feel good playing a sport when you know the umpires/referees are looking out for you.
Givvian dives on the ball. Ball up.
Givvian stares at the umpire to see if he got a head high, while holding the ball, where's the umpires call holding the ball?

The dissent rule is changing again mid year...:oops::cautious:
An admission that brad Scott got it wrong? Perhaps but changing it mid year tarnishes the comp.
It also still leaves a crazy amount open to interpretation & abuse of the rule.
FFS they're all over the shop.

The other interesting part of this story is that reportedly the AFL did not inform all clubs of the change in interpretation. Absolute amateur hour, and Brad Scott still doesn’t have to admit that he was wrong.

Well Macrae admits it

The cheats practice it.

Some other maggot on twitter was saying players like selwood and cotchin have been doing it for years (milking frees). I almost choked on my rice bubbles. I attacked the maggot like he'd stolen my puppy. I've never seen our captain milk it. Am I biased?