Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

Sometimes things have to get really bad before they can get better.

I think that for us it has hit rock bottom today. Even Richo was pi55ed off bigtime.

I said at the start that four umpires would lead to diminished responsibility. Two was ideal, three too many, four diabolical.
The talent pool is stretched too thin. (a bit like the afl itself)

I usually don't participate in this thread, as it seems futile. But, we certainly seem to have a problem with a ridiculously consistent hard run with free kicks.
This demonstrable bias has been going on for years and the club risks Tiger supporters' disenchantment with the game generally. This is especially true when we are not winning many games.

I agree with the calls on here to acknowledge that there is a real issue. The club must re-educate the players, as we are clearly doing something wrong. Bring the AFL in on the problem rather than whinge.

Is it technique? Is it personalities/culture?

Balmy is the man for the job.

Reactions: 6 users
Outrageous. Just generally *smile* all day, tiggy touchwoods to them, not to us, that last free to Dixon was incredible. he just fell over after the contest, ump close by, in perfect posi, Why and how does that happen? What are they seeing? What is going through their minds?

They have minds? You are being generous.

The incredible ease with which they gave out frees to Port was astounding, even they must have been surprised, mind you, playing against Richmond you expect some favours.

The number of frees for players milking the free is well out of hand these days. But you just know we wouldn't get away with that sort of crap.

DS

Reactions: 1 users
Too obvious at half-time where the diff was close to equal. These bastards had to conjure up something!

Reactions: 1 users
OPSM stopped sponsoring the umpires for a reason. Bad publicity for their product. Today’s game was *smile* atrocious So *smile* inconsistent. They are either blatant cheats or unbelievably incompetent

Reactions: 2 users
Just go to games now expecting to get reamed.

Gone to Costco for the biggest multipack of Vaseline I can get.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
It’ll end up costing the club $$ probably already has, going by todays attendance.

I’ve got mates that have been turned off by the umpiring against us, and have stopped going to games.

Club doesn’t seem to be too fussed about it though. Oh well

The *smile* excuse that we’re a pressure team and that’s why we give away lots of free kciks is rubbish.
Every *smile* team is a pressure team these days.

Reactions: 9 users
One of the worst umpired games I can remember, it was comical , we were not the better team on the day for 4 qtrs, but the umpires 100% impacted the outcome with the constant free kicks to advantage of Port and killing any spark our team had.
Its a long way on the train to watch this garbage, people will stop going.

Reactions: 4 users
We need to make a formal complaint, and we need to be very public about it. Even commentators are at long last starting to make comments about the frees that we don’t get, and how we’re officiated. It is being noticed.

Reactions: 5 users
13 -23 not a true reflection of the frees.

For example, Melee took a mark around half forward and then got crunched. Should have been a mark and 50m but no, maggot calls a free. So we get a free paid when the bloke has already marked the bloody thing?

They have no idea anymore.

That got me big time. The difference between that and the 1 that Rozee got a 50 for right before half time was what exactly? I thought our hit was even in the contest yet the 1 on Mansell was clearly after the contest. There was another on the same wing, where someone marked the ball and wanted to play on, got held before they could move by a player that wasn't in the marking contest at all. What excuse is there to not pay a 50? I just don't understand what they see sometimes, and to cap it off with that Dixon free at the end when we'd had to watch Lynch get man handled all the game without getting a thing was the icing on the top. Bloody corrupt *smile*.

Today was astonishing .Unfathomable how it was so one sided.
Me and partner have decided to keep our memberships going but to stop going to ganes.The rules and umpiring have all but zapped our love for footy.
We can deal with losing if we play poorly but not whilst this rotten to the corrupt core umpiring cotnues

Reactions: 8 users
Once again we’re *smile* over by the umps who pull frees out of their ass for the opposition
We just never receive these frees Lynch Balta Lefau manhandled it’s always play on :mad:

Reactions: 1 user
That last free kick to Dixon was an insult to our intelligence, he was pi55ing himself laughing afterwards.

I nearly got up & walked out today. When it doesn't feel like a fair fight, they won't get people at games of footy.

Gale has got to take a stand. The supporters deserve it. Or it's going to cost the club money.

Reactions: 12 users
I nearly got up & walked out today. When it doesn't feel like a fair fight, they won't get people at games of footy.

Gale has got to take a stand. The supporters deserve it. Or it's going to cost the club money.
What else can you do when even the media just giggles at this? They're the ones who should highlight this, but they don't care.

The only way Benny can do this is in a formal way, but weren't we told last year or year before it was done......and now maybe is BS.