Josh Toy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Josh Toy

Colonel

Tiger Matchwinner
May 22, 2007
After sinking a few beveridges last night and speaking with mates about options in the upcoming draft I have awoken today a little seedy and having had a very interesting dream.

In the dream Richmond offered up Nathan Foley and Muscles McGuane to GC for Josh Toy ( Don't really know a lot about) and pick 15? The Club than proceeded to pick up Brodie Smith with pick 6 and Kieran Harper with 15? Now i know that sounds good but the best bit was Carlton for some reason picked up Spangher with their first pick!? I was hoping the dream would go onto Scarlett Johansson wanting a role around in the hay with me but unfortunately the rest of it somehow got onto catching a plane or something

Anyway the main reason for the post is to find out some info on Josh Toy? I have heard rumours about him wanting to play with a vic club but really don't know much about him? Has anyone heard if Richmond are interested in him at all? Is there anyway we could get him without giving up pick 6? Is there an AFL player that people would liken Toy too? His Strengths/weaknesses?

After reflecting on the dream, unfortunately, i doubt it would happen. From the little i Know of Toy and my thoughts on Brodie and Harper I would be bloody happy if it did though. I really like Foley, one of my fav players, but this dream could really set our Midfield up for a decade. If only dreams did come true - especially the Spangher to Carlton for their first pick :p

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Sure it was just booze you consumed??

I would say Toy coming to Richmond is highly unlikely but spangher...ahem...I mean stranger things have happened

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Colonel said:
... I .... had a very interesting dream.

In the dream Richmond offered up Nathan Foley

That's not a dream, that's a nightmare.

pahoffm

No one player is bigger than the club.
Mar 24, 2004
For those unfamiliar with Josh Toy,

Josh is a 185cm, 87kg boy from Aberfeldie, who played with PEGS at school and the Calder Cannons during his TAC years.

He won the Mitchell medal, for having great personal qualities, at the end of his AFL/AIS trip to South Africa.

He is a utility but generally plays the role that Deledio played in season 2010, that of a QB role, generally playing as a medium half back.

If he'd been available for the 2009 draft, being an April boy, he'd've likely gone in the top 10, although you never can tell.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Toy would no doubt have gone top 5 last year, even as high as top 2. Same this year. Superbly balanced and strong, a magnificent kick, pretty quick. Would slot straight onto our HBF from day one, with the potential to push into the midfield. Those in the vicinity reported that at the Coburg-GC game, Dimma couldn't take his eyes off him. I would hope not to lose Foley, but if we really are after Toy the deal you dreamed up is one we might have to come to terms with.

I feel dirty now.

pahoffm

No one player is bigger than the club.
Mar 24, 2004
Don't feel dirty.

It's all apart of being ruthless.

You have to make a judgement on bettering the quality of the list.

Whoever would be traded for Toy should be made known that they will always be welcome at the RFC and, that by being traded, made a valuable contribution to the RFC.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Yeah I know Phanto. If that deal was to take place I'd hope we could do a Croad and have the little nugget back in time to play in a flag.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Phantom said:
Don't feel dirty.

It's all apart of being ruthless.

You have to make a judgement on bettering the quality of the list.

Whoever would be traded for Toy should be made known that they will always be welcome at the RFC and, that by being traded, made a valuable contribution to the RFC.

Well said. Ruthless agression to improve the list. Being ruthless doesn't mean you have to treat people in a ruthless manner.

BTW Phanto, is Toy as quick as Deledio. From he reminded me of a young Luke Hodge type. Thought he was a better mark then a young Deledio and maybe not as quick. Not a huge difference in playing styles more of the build and phyiscal traits.

With Swallow getting all the pub, Toy could come in and be just as good. Both supercoach musts.

Col.E.Kurtz

Tiger Legend
Apr 4, 2005
Now all that needs to happen is for Scott Clayton to have a lobotomy so he gives one of the brightest young kids in the land and a top 20 pick for a good but injury plagued midfielder and a one dimensional tall back

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Col.W.Kurtz said:
Now all that needs to happen is for Scott Clayton to have a lobotomy so he gives one of the brightest young kids in the land and a top 20 pick for a good but injury plagued midfielder and a one dimensional tall back

That scenario amounts to a wet dream Col.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Wouldnt pick 6 on its own be enough?

The GC would then have picks 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 & 7. or Swallow, Bennell, Day, Gorringe, Darling & Smith.

Colonel

Tiger Matchwinner
May 22, 2007
Thanks for the info guys he sounds like more than a Handy type

I agree with Phantom and Scoop, if we could somehow get this bloke and keep pick 6 it would really start to set up the list. I imagine some very hard decisions need to be made to do it, but if it is for the overall betterment of the club, than that's what needs to happen. Whether the GC would actually want anything we have (besides Lids, Cotch, Jack & Martin) is another story.

Does anyone know how serious he is about coming back?

Uncle

" Black ops?"
Apr 24, 2009
Aegean Tiger said:
Pick 6 in a heartbeat.
I wouldn't be trading any early picks, only players involved in trades would be my preference.

Aegean Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Aug 27, 2008
Agree in principle.

However, if JT was available in the 2010 draft and we got him for pick 6 it would have been a steal.

Timmy99

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 7, 2006
Canberra
How about pick 6 and Mcguane for Toy and a third rounder.

If true that Toy would like to return to melbourne, and with GC still needing some senior players this could be a good result for both clubs.

mtench

Tiger Champion
May 9, 2007
WINCHELSEA
Timmy99 said:
How about pick 6 and Mcguane for Toy and a third rounder.

If true that Toy would like to return to melbourne, and with GC still needing some senior players this could be a good result for both clubs.
No, if we are after Toy we still need to hold onto our first pick.