Unions | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Unions

pretty good article in todays age. The bit about Normie gallagher's concrete pour negotiating trick is hilarious. Well worth a read.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/good-or-bad-act-of-union-its-hard-to-picket-at-times-20120914-25xjb.html

poppa x said:

fair enough. so Craig Thompson represents some union officials being corrupt, like person x represents some politicians/police/CEOs/doctors/banker/insert any type of worker being corrupt. im not sure what you '2 words' actually add to the debate.

Brodders17 said:
fair enough. so Craig Thompson represents some union officials being corrupt, like person x represents some politicians/police/CEOs/doctors/banker/insert any type of worker being corrupt. im not sure what you '2 words' actually add to the debate.

Balance.

i'm happy for abbott to have a royal commision into union corruption as long as there is also a royal commision into big business corruption. afterall, whats good for the geese is good for the gander. unions are far from perfect, but they're no less corrupt than big business.

#NotHoldingMyBreath

P.S. if this isn't the start of workchoices by stealth, i'll go he.

Ian4 said:
i'm happy for abbott to have a royal commision into union corruption as long as there is also a royal commision into big business corruption. afterall, whats good for the geese is good for the gander. unions are far from perfect, but they're no less corrupt than big business.

#NotHoldingMyBreath

P.S. if this isn't the start of workchoices by stealth, i'll go he.

Fair enough but I'm confused...we can't afford a carbon price and we can't afford education reform but we can afford a royal commission into unions?

We can always find money to reverse Labor's policies, chuck Goneski reports into the bin and to wage ideological war on the unions, not an issue.

KnightersRevenge said:
Fair enough but I'm confused...we can't afford a carbon price and we can't afford education reform but we can afford a royal commission into unions?

and a royal commission into the home insulation scheme.

Brodders17 said:
and a royal commission into the home insulation scheme.

If these things are all "royal" commissions does that mean only monarchists have to pay? Maybe we could sell the republic that way?

Baloo said:
Do they have a Royale with Cheese Commission ?

I seriously doubt any self-respecting right-leaning faux Aussie tea-partyist would have anything to do with cheese-eating surrender-monkeys...