Unlucky Talents who were ruined by injury. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Unlucky Talents who were ruined by injury.

Mark McQueen had the misfortune to be from Tassie where there were only McDonald franchises, when he lobbed at Punt Road he had all those pizza and gyro places to sample.

"could of been anything"

Skull

5SKULL5 said:
Mark McQueen had the misfortune to be from Tassie where there were only McDonald franchises, when he lobbed at Punt Road he had all those pizza and gyro places to sample.

"could of been anything"

Skull

"The Hulk" (or the Bulk as he was also known!) was the Cam Howat of his time. He was drafted by us 3 times! What a waste. He's now coach of the East Burwood under 13's.

neeso106 said:
pretty sure dave honeybun was set for greatness till his back,hammys, knees went

He was the ultimate competitor. Injury free, I also believe we would have been a great, although not for us, because the Blues wouldn't have let him go.

craig said:
A list here of players over the past few years or so who showed great talent and promise only to be cut down as a result of injury or illness.

Stephen Pirrie - gun full back ruined by knee inj #27 he wore i think early to mid 80's

Bruce Lennon - Merv Keane reincarnation suffered knee injury and unlucky to be cut when lists went from 42 to 35 following 28 games in 2 seasons #5

Tony Free - inspirational skipper cruelled by knee injury. #30

Allan McKellar - struggled following injury after great start to his career #12

Bruce Tempany - Career dropped away after injury in 82 GF #14

Does anybody have any others
Billy Nicholls

Streak said:
He was the ultimate competitor. Injury free, I also believe we would have been a great, although not for us, because the Blues wouldn't have let him go.
They had to drive Dave Honybun down to Geelong in a Panel Van ,lying down so his back wouldn't tighten up. :)

Tigeronprowl said:
Mark Merenda - Absolute gun midfielder, forward line crumber. Hit his straps at age 21. Also could take a big mark. Then damaged his back and never made it back again. With Tony Free our major loss over the last 20 years.

Does anyone know if there is a clip of his mark over McKenna in I think it was '97?

J_Rod said:
Does anyone know if there is a clip of his mark over McKenna in I think it was '97?

dunno but have a look at this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxRWyjBLZvY

he could play.