unsung hero | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

unsung hero

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
while the likes of cogs,johnson,cambo,gas etc get the big raps and rightly so mind you i would like to acknowledge one player in the side who goes about his job without fuss or fanfare yet i for one would glad to have him walk into battle with.
that player is andrew kellaway.
andy,s courage can never be questioned it would even bring a smile to capt blood,s face.
here is a bloke who not only puts his body on the line week in week out he does the job on players who clearly are taller and stronger.
andy is one of the last players[sad to say really]who is playing the game for the right reasons. 2yrs ago i think it was he refused to take a pay hike just to keep his team mates at the club.no it wasnt that the club went to him but he did it off his own boot.
i for one will never ever towell andy no matter what and id say not one supporter would not even the likes of diggler etc.

andy your a true tiger and i for one feels privlidged to be able to watch you go about your football as well as in life general.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Couldn't agree more YN.

I really admire the way he gets 110% out of his abilities. I don't think he is underrated at the club but I'll bet he's underpaid.

johnson2richo2003

Dec 19, 2002
TigerFurious said:
Couldn't agree more YN.

I really admire the way he gets 110% out of his abilities. I don't think he is underrated at the club but I'll bet he's underpaid.
underpaid yes but by his choice.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
johnson2richo2003 said:

That doesn't make it right. Lets see *smile* and Holland do the team thing and hand over some of their not so hard earned to players more deserving. We'll start with AK and Campbell and work from there.

johnson2richo2003

Dec 19, 2002
TigerFurious said:
johnson2richo2003 said:
TigerFurious said:
Couldn't agree more YN.

That doesn't make it right. Lets see *smile* and Holland do the team thing and hand over some of their not so hard earned to players more deserving. We'll start with AK and Campbell and work from there.
not so hard earnt money?you have a valid point if gas kept on getting whipped each week.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Lloyd had *smile* measure in most 1-on-1 contest but fortunately for Gas he was helped out by Richmond getting numbers back.

But then again *smile*'s kicking is reason enough to halve his contract.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Great post j2r.....Gave me goosebumps.

Andy always puts his body on the line for the club. He never shirks an issue and is so reliable. Has had to play a lot taller opponents than normal with Dutchy out, yet he's still rarely beaten and can still run down the ground and create play too.

I admire the clean way Andy plays, a ball player without much mongrel in him, but made up for with an overdose of determination.

A true success story of how a kid persevered when it must have seemed like he'd never get senior selection.

Onya Andy, I admire you immensely and is why I chose to be El Presidente of the AK fan club.

All Australian, all conquering and all around nice guy.

(I'm a tad impartial to his brother too. Mr and Mrs Kellaways breeding program has been wonderful for the RFC :D)

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
The guy is an absolute champion and definitely one that probably doesnt get the credit he deserves. He is a crucial part of our side and extremely courageous and it is an honour to have him in the side. I rate the guy extremely highly.

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
Yeah, great post J2R. Fully agree.

TigerFurious - I think the red mist must have blinded you on Saturday — Gaspar absolutely pulled Lloyd's pants down in the one-on-one contests. Lloyd only took a mark when someone put it down his throat on a lead, and even then Gas managed to stay with him and made him earn it.

A fully fit Darren Gaspar is showing once again why he's worth his weight in gold. Go GAS!

Tigerblood

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 18, 2002
Hear hear. AK's true position is third tall defender behind the main FB and CHB, taking the 'smaller talls'. He is not only one of the best in the comp at this job, but he can also step up to fight beyond his weight/height. He is rarely injured, which is amazing given his courageous acts. His run off half back and disposal are both much better than part-time observers realise. And on top of all that, he refuses to take a substantial salary! Extremely valuable commodity.

And by the way, can we all remember that Gaspar could have taken more money at Fremantle and West Coast. Agree Dean, he did a great job sticking to Lloyd out on the leads, always forcing a contest (that's the main job), or forcing him to lead way out to unkickable positions (e.g. his first lead of the match - he got the mark, but he had to go beyond 50 and to the boundary line, and sure enough didn't goal it).

johnson2richo2003

Dec 19, 2002
TigerFurious said:
Lloyd had *smile* measure in most 1-on-1 contest but fortunately for Gas he was helped out by Richmond getting numbers back.

But then again *smile*'s kicking is reason enough to halve his contract.
one would have thought his job is to negate the oppositions fwd and does do that job.
what would you prefer *smile* having good kicking skills but gets av 5 goals per game kicked against him?
if you think gas,s salary should be halved for his kicking skills whats your opinion on bowden?

johnson2richo2003

Dec 19, 2002
rosy3 said:
Great post j2r.....Gave me goosebumps.

Andy always puts his body on the line for the club. He never shirks an issue and is so reliable. Has had to play a lot taller opponents than normal with Dutchy out, yet he's still rarely beaten and can still run down the ground and create play too.

I admire the clean way Andy plays, a ball player without much mongrel in him, but made up for with an overdose of determination.

A true success story of how a kid persevered when it must have seemed like he'd never get senior selection.

Onya Andy, I admire you immensely and is why I chose to be El Presidente of the AK fan club.

All Australian, all conquering and all around nice guy.

(I'm a tad impartial to his brother too. Mr and Mrs Kellaways breeding program has been wonderful for the RFC :D)
sorry rosy didnt mean to step on ya toes so to speak about andy with you being the pres.but was talking to a mate last night [bomber suporter] who said that he would have andy in a bombers jumper without hesitation.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
He exemplifies the Tiger spirit. What more do you need to say.

I remember seeing him run around the 2's at Punt Road Oval thinking why isn't this guy up with the Big Boys. Never looked back once he got his break.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
johnson2richo2003 said:
sorry rosy didnt mean to step on ya toes

Haha j2r, being pres doesn't give anyone exclusive rights to players.
Now if we were on the dance floor it would be a slightly different matter having my toes stepped on though. ;D

It would be interesting to know what opposition supporters think of Andy. I get the feeling he might go about his business largely unnoticed by a lot of people.

The people who matter notice him and that's what counts.

Onya Andy, a true Tiger.