Updated injury list - 2/6/03 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Updated injury list - 2/6/03

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
From richmondfc.com.au

Justin Blumfield Rec fem muscle 1 - 2 weeks
Brad Ottens Back 2 weeks
Wayne Campbell Calf Test
Billy Nicholls Hamstring Available

Cambo's should say at least 1 more week :(.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Playing funny buggers i think. If Dunc didn't play for Coburg and isn't injured what's the deal?

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
Rosy, Dunc was selected to play his first game in the seniors this week after Wednesday's training session. However he pulled up a little sore on Thursday and subsequently was not risked to play in the Seniors or for Coburg

I think he will be a chance to play this week.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Good work again The Boss. Great to have you around. You still have me intrigued as to how you know all these things. Keep up the great work.

I admit i thought Dunc should have played last week. I dont understand all these precautionary injury week offs they have. I still believe they should play with half niggles.

mightytiges

Dec 16, 2002
It depends on whether a niggle will be aggravated by playing and become a full on injury. Soft tissue injuries can be very dicey especially as a player gets towards the end of his career like a Duncan or Cambo. The medicos know what they are doing.

mightytiges

Dec 16, 2002
tiga said:
Great info MT. I am looking forward to seeing all those guys back especially Otto. :D

Oops should have said it came from rfc.com.au. The Boss has the inside information not me :).

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Thanks Boss. Dunc's having a rough trot of it, poor bugger.
I've had several knee operations and there can be a bit of a domino effect sometimes. If they use the hamstring to rebuild other parts that can lead to new problems.
I don't know about Duncs knee of course but I know they can't get mine right. Scar tissue can be a massive problem too.
At least I don't rely on my legs to earn a living, haha.

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
Rosy, you'll have to stop kicking those Collingwood Supporters up the bum! ;D I know they're everywhere but after a few more losses they'll disappear and you can rest your legs ;D ;D

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
tiga
Great info MT. I am looking forward to seeing all those guys back especially Otto.
Well I was talking to a mate at work today who was saying his mate bumped into Otto at The hilton or something.. anyway Otto said he wanted to play this week, but the club wouldn't let him.... IMO thats good... backs are notoriously prone to re-injuring..... let him play a couple of games with Coburg maybe.
I am thinking more and more that Dunc will give it away after this year :(
Campbo should NOT have ever played at Chewtobacco the place is notoriously bad for soft tissue injuries to the legs... we were already undermanned ... what was to be gained from playing him... besides the 80 percent chance of re-injury?

iLoVeNeWmAn

RFC - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
As far as Cambo goes, he will not play until after the break - probably come back for the Brisbane game, no sooner.

Hope Nicholls comes in this week - I thought he showed good signs against the Bummers and there's a couple who definately need a run at Coburg, forever!

RazorBoy

Just waitin' for the next premiership
Apr 18, 2003
IloveNewman said:
Hope Nicholls comes in this week - I thought he showed good signs against the Bummers and there's a couple who definately need a run at Coburg, forever!

Apparently Nicholls will play for Coburg this week.

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
Does anyone know what's happening with Marc Dragacevic??

I heard an interview with him on Saturday night on ABC radio before the game and he said he was just enjoying playing footy again and getting a kick again after so long off the park. I think it was Francis Leach who asked him when he will be ready to get back into the ones and he started to answer with the politically correct footy cliche, then Paul Salmon chipped in and goaded him into telling the real truth. He admitted that he was ready from Round one this year, but needed time to get the match skills/reading/fitness back.

Dragga also mentioned that he has bulked up and is no longer the young wiry speedster but probably looking at being a Paul Brodder's type bottom of the pack wombat.

Well it is Rd 11 coming up and still no mention. Does anyone know whether he'll be back at all this year??

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Tenacious Tiges said:
Does anyone know what's happening with Marc Dragacevic??

He admitted that he was ready from Round one this year, but needed time to get the match skills/reading/fitness back.

I got the feeling Dragga was saying that was what he wanted, like all injured players want to play every game.
Not that it was an option or possibility but something he wanted in his own mind.

The club has said Dragga hardly trains because he's pretty sore still. Until he can train fully and play full games at a high standard he can't possibly be ready for senior selection.

Fireman_Sam

A 'non-sexual' example of the 69 position
Feb 26, 2003
Wales
/The club has said Dragga hardly trains because he's pretty sore still. Until he can train fully and play full games at a high standard he can't possibly be ready for senior selection
Sadly that sounds like Duncan Kellaway as well :'( :'(

< Otto | Chat >