Otto | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Otto

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
Caro says "Don't be surprised to see Brad Ottens in the side this week".

Hmmm..not more funny buggers?

P

Parker

Dean3 said:
Caro says "Don't be surprised to see Brad Ottens in the side this week".

Hmmm..not more funny buggers?

Which side? coburg surely????

Surely even we are not this stupid?

RazorBoy

Just waitin' for the next premiership
Apr 18, 2003
According to Hutchy on sport 927 tonight, he is still 1-2 weeks away. But he also said that if the medicos say he is allright, he will definitely be in the side! (didnt say whether it would be Coburg or Richmond side though).
I hope they resist the temptation and wait until after the break.

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
Yes I heard the same thing yesterday arvo, Otto is a big chance this week. The match committee are seriously contemplating bringing him straight back into the Seniors.

I don't have a problem with this, if he is passed fit to play by the medicos I'm happy for him to come straight into the seniors. The way I see it, I would rather have Otto at Full Forward then Vardy. He would be more dangerous, more likely to get a better opponent taking some prerssure off Richo and will hopefully kick a couple of goals. He'll probably only play half a game.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Personally, I am nervous - I'd rather they wait until after the break. But by all reports he has recovered better than expected.

As long as the surgeon says there is no risk (long term in particular) then I reckon the CLub will go for it. Especially considering how crucial this game is for season 2003.

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
if he is given the all clear by the medico,s i have no problem with him coming straight back into the seniors.
leave him at f/fwd or pocket at the very least we will be able to play richo further up the ground and winning that vital 3rd possession and for a change a target to kick to in the fwd line.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
IF he is declared fit by the medicos who are we to say he should wait til after the break. I would prefer him to get a bit of match conditioningfirst at Coburg, but it is a big game his height and nous could come in handy. See what happens hey, personally i hope hes there.

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
I would prefer he sit a full forward in the seniors than full forward at Coburg. He can pick up his conditioning at training during the week.

Otto's big return to nullify the return on McCartney.

P

Parker

The Boss said:
Yes I heard the same thing yesterday arvo, Otto is a big chance this week. The match committee are seriously contemplating bringing him straight back into the Seniors.

I don't have a problem with this, if he is passed fit to play by the medicos I'm happy for him to come straight into the seniors. The way I see it, I would rather have Otto at Full Forward then Vardy. He would be more dangerous, more likely to get a better opponent taking some prerssure off Richo and will hopefully kick a couple of goals. He'll probably only play half a game.

The problem i have with this is more to do with the fact he is obviously not match fit and will struggle to make any sort of contribution possibly.
Considering we have several players perhaps not 100% (ie coughlan johnson hall) to bring in someone who problaby can't play more than half a game is somewhat risky and smacks of desperation. Had we won sat night and were 7-3 and looking good i doubt there would be any talk of him coming straight into the seniors.

To me being a ruckman / forward type he seems to be the type of player that really needs a few games under his belt to get his 'touch' and therefore i think he would struggle. Does anyone remember in 1998 when justin charles came straight in? He basically couldn't get a kick.

As much as i want to see him back in the side i just wonder if putting him back in the seniors without at least a couple of games for coburg is the right thing to do.